The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!


Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth
 
HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» hard to find
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:59 am by Jurrasic car

» BRAKE LAMP SWITCH LOCATION?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm by GOREDFURY

»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 
 

 Need parts for heater thing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carjunky
CCC Member
CCC Member
avatar

Big Block 440



2010

Posts : 2535
Points : 2678
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-11-06
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Need parts for heater thing.   Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:23 am

I need the little black pad and tin piece that goes over it..........Or if I knew what the black piece was made from, maybe I could make it? I think this piece gets hot and I don't want to use something that would melt?

GBresto147

_________________
Never drive faster then your Guardian Angel can fly.
Back to top Go down
Big M
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

Big Block 361



20112016

Posts : 2658
Points : 2677
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-11-10
Location : Williams CA

PostSubject: Re: Need parts for heater thing.   Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:05 pm

Chrissy,
The small pad is a foam rubber type material. If you go to Home Depot or your local mercantile store, you can get black pipe wrap, and cut a chunk from that. It is fairly thick.
If you need the retainer for it, I'll send you one out no charge, as I have a few left from when I was rebuilding valves for customers.

---John

_________________
In Rust, We Trust.
Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR
506/ 505hp Viper V10



2015
Posts : 5132
Points : 5125
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-11-18
Age : 31
Location : Syracuse NY

PostSubject: Re: Need parts for heater thing.   Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:23 pm

thanks again to John coming to the rescue of another great CCC member. cheers

_________________
Back to top Go down
Carjunky
CCC Member
CCC Member
avatar

Big Block 440



2010

Posts : 2535
Points : 2678
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-11-06
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Need parts for heater thing.   Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:16 pm

Big M wrote:
Chrissy,
The small pad is a foam rubber type material. If you go to Home Depot or your local mercantile store, you can get black pipe wrap, and cut a chunk from that. It is fairly thick.
If you need the retainer for it, I'll send you one out no charge, as I have a few left from when I was rebuilding valves for customers.

---John


Wow John, what would we ever do with out you??? I think I have some black pipe wrap and if you really don't mind sending the retainer it would keep me moving forward. LOL now I have a name for it. I am trying to put time in out there every day now before it turns cold again. Thanky

_________________
Never drive faster then your Guardian Angel can fly.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Need parts for heater thing.   Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:23 am

I used a solid piece of rubber block that I just cut to shape. That works well as I dont think it really gets that hot. a pipe wrap may insulate better than rubber which is why john suggested that.
Back to top Go down
Carjunky
CCC Member
CCC Member
avatar

Big Block 440



2010

Posts : 2535
Points : 2678
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-11-06
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Need parts for heater thing.   Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:19 am

sajase57 wrote:
I used a solid piece of rubber block that I just cut to shape. That works well as I dont think it really gets that hot. a pipe wrap may insulate better than rubber which is why john suggested that.

Thanks Jason. I was thinking of the heal off a shoe before I posted. Nice to have options. The foam may be easier to work with. Putting this all back together is as hard as I thought it would be.
I think you guys will be glad when I get all the parts back on and working. I would have never bought a car if I didn't have faith that you and other members would help me get it done. Photobucket

_________________
Never drive faster then your Guardian Angel can fly.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Need parts for heater thing.   Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:39 am

Carjunky wrote:
sajase57 wrote:
I used a solid piece of rubber block that I just cut to shape. That works well as I dont think it really gets that hot. a pipe wrap may insulate better than rubber which is why john suggested that.

Thanks Jason. I was thinking of the heal off a shoe before I posted. Nice to have options. The foam may be easier to work with. Putting this all back together is as hard as I thought it would be.
I think you guys will be glad when I get all the parts back on and working. I would have never bought a car if I didn't have faith that you and other members would help me get it done. Photobucket

Thats what its all about my love!! dosnt matter where we are in the world we are just a click of a button away. We all had faith that you could do this better than we could!! After seeing all that youve done!!
Back to top Go down
Carjunky
CCC Member
CCC Member
avatar

Big Block 440



2010

Posts : 2535
Points : 2678
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-11-06
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Need parts for heater thing.   Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:01 am

sajase57 wrote:
Carjunky wrote:
sajase57 wrote:
I used a solid piece of rubber block that I just cut to shape. That works well as I dont think it really gets that hot. a pipe wrap may insulate better than rubber which is why john suggested that.

Thanks Jason. I was thinking of the heal off a shoe before I posted. Nice to have options. The foam may be easier to work with. Putting this all back together is as hard as I thought it would be.
I think you guys will be glad when I get all the parts back on and working. I would have never bought a car if I didn't have faith that you and other members would help me get it done. Photobucket

Thats what its all about my love!! dosnt matter where we are in the world we are just a click of a button away. We all had faith that you could do this better than we could!! After seeing all that youve done!!


Embarassed Thanks Jason. My world wide helpers have been here for me every time I needed them. This is a wonderful club. PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

_________________
Never drive faster then your Guardian Angel can fly.
Back to top Go down
58plym
CCC Member
CCC Member
avatar

Big Block 440 One Bad azz Machine




2009
Posts : 5762
Points : 6578
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 75
Location : Nampa. Idaho

PostSubject: Re: Need parts for heater thing.   Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:46 am

That is what I love about this Club , world wide love. I wish I still had a connon I would give the CCC a 21 Gun Salute. Very Happy


_________________

"THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER
Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR
506/ 505hp Viper V10



2015
Posts : 5132
Points : 5125
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-11-18
Age : 31
Location : Syracuse NY

PostSubject: Re: Need parts for heater thing.   Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:10 pm

this is just more proof that we are all just an extended family and all just happen to belong to the greatest club in the world Very Happy cheers

_________________
Back to top Go down
58plym
CCC Member
CCC Member
avatar

Big Block 440 One Bad azz Machine




2009
Posts : 5762
Points : 6578
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 75
Location : Nampa. Idaho

PostSubject: Re: Need parts for heater thing.   Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:22 pm

Cool

_________________

"THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER
Back to top Go down
 

Need parts for heater thing.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: For Sale/Wanted Section :: Wanted:-