The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» This Will Take Place
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:10 pm by furvedere

» Rear seat Frame
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:09 pm by GG54321

» Frame metal thickness?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:10 pm by eva_392

» chrome! where to go?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:53 pm by JAG

» Got Peace?
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:23 pm by goat19642004

» Daily Dose
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:26 pm by 57belv

» Attention Newcomers To The CCC!
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:22 pm by 57belv

» Running dual exhausts without a crossover.
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:50 pm by eva_392

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:42 am by Bloodhound1958

» Aluminium Trim - Reanodise or Paint
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 pm by Red Devil

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Prayer Releases God's Power

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Prayer Releases God's Power   Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:45 pm

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

How many times have you heard someone say, "All I can do is pray?"
All I can do is pray?! You might as well say to a starving man, " All I can do is offer you food," or to a sick person, "All I can do is give you medicine that will make you well," or to a poor child, "All I can do is buy the toy you most want for your birthday."
Praying unlocks the doors of heaven and releases the power of God. James 4: 2 says "You do not have because you do not ask." The Bible says, "be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God." Philippians 4:6
This is true not only for our needs, but for the needs of others. So often our prayers focus on ourselves. But God wants to use us, through our prayers, to touch the lives of other people as well. For whom should you be praying this day?

Prayer: Dear Lord help me to think of others and their needs in my prayers knowing that all provision comes from you. In Jesus name we pray, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Releases God's Power   Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:59 pm

I just realized how appropriate this devotion was...in light of the situation in Alabama. It didn't register the other night when I typed it. Just another fine example of how God speaks to us...just what we need exactly at the right moment.

WOW...What an awesome God we serve.

cheers

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Releases God's Power   Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Amen............

I think your right NY. Prayer is a powerful medium to talk to God but we should talk to God not only through prayer but through doing good by our neighbours. we all need to be the best we can for ourselves and our brothers and sisters for that is Gods one true commandment. Love each other as I have loved you. Many people pray only when they need guidance or when they are sick.........i was taught that God is Loving and merciful and shouldnt be feared.........we should talk to him as he is our best friend or brother. I like to lead by example and treat all I encounter with respect as I wish to be treated. I pray to god to look after my family and provide me with good health so i can continue to lead by example. i try to be the best I can be and not ask God for too much as I dont want to be a burden but i try to thank God for all my good expieriences i have had throughout my life.

Prayer; Lord , i ask that you watch over my brothers and sisters and all their families, keep them safe from harm and nourish them with your presence and guidance. help them all to lead by example with your teachings and help us to live together peacefully.

Amen.
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Releases God's Power   Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:53 pm

SA Jase57 wrote:
Amen............

I think your right NY. Prayer is a powerful medium to talk to God but we should talk to God not only through prayer but through doing good by our neighbours. we all need to be the best we can for ourselves and our brothers and sisters for that is Gods one true commandment. Love each other as I have loved you. Many people pray only when they need guidance or when they are sick.........i was taught that God is Loving and merciful and shouldnt be feared.........we should talk to him as he is our best friend or brother. I like to lead by example and treat all I encounter with respect as I wish to be treated. I pray to god to look after my family and provide me with good health so i can continue to lead by example. i try to be the best I can be and not ask God for too much as I dont want to be a burden but i try to thank God for all my good expieriences i have had throughout my life.

Prayer; Lord , i ask that you watch over my brothers and sisters and all their families, keep them safe from harm and nourish them with your presence and guidance. help them all to lead by example with your teachings and help us to live together peacefully.

Amen.

Thank you for your insight Jase...very well said! l always try to remember that God cares about every little detail of our lives. No detail is ever too small for Him and there's no way to be a burden to Him...But...Prayers need to line up with His will...not prayers that are selfish and line up with our will...Your comment about how it's not good that people only talk to Him when they need something is very true...I've heard this called "911 God" This is so true...talk to Him about everything...when times are good and when times are bad...Excellent fellowship here....

Thanks Jase...NY Bob

Back to top Go down

Prayer Releases God's Power

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-