The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

» How to Post Pictures
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am by Bloodhound1958

» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Why Did He Die?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Why Did He Die?   Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:39 am

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18

We can never grasp the horror of human sin until we realized it caused the Son of God to be crucified. It wasn't Pilate, or Judas, or the angry mob--but sin.
The ravages of war and poverty, the wrenching pain of lonliness and rejection, the haunting cry of the orphan and widow, the dying gasps of the world's starving--these and a thousand other tragedies all bear witness to the fact that we live in a world poisoned by sin.
And that is why Jesus died. The terrible, bitter cup of humanity's sin sent Him to the Cross, Jesus prayed in those last hours, "O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will." Matt. 26: 39. There was no other way. Why did He drink that awful cup? So you and I would not have to face an eternity in hell for our sins.
Are you hoping that when you see God face to face that he'll look at your life and weigh the good you've done vs. the bad you've done...and that your good will outweigh your bad? This is a myth not found anywhere in the Bible. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9. One never has to work for a gift.. and this gift of God is Jesus Christ. Put your faith in Christ today and rest in His love.
Sin is the second most powerful force in the universe, for it sent Jesus to the Cross. Only one force is greater--the love of God.

Prayer: Dear Lord help me to receive this message of truth and be saved through faith in the finished work of your Son, Jesus. In His Name I pray, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

Why Did He Die?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-