The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» This Will Take Place
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:10 pm by furvedere

» Rear seat Frame
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:09 pm by GG54321

» Frame metal thickness?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:10 pm by eva_392

» chrome! where to go?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:53 pm by JAG

» Got Peace?
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:23 pm by goat19642004

» Daily Dose
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:26 pm by 57belv

» Attention Newcomers To The CCC!
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:22 pm by 57belv

» Running dual exhausts without a crossover.
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:50 pm by eva_392

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:42 am by Bloodhound1958

» Aluminium Trim - Reanodise or Paint
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 pm by Red Devil

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

THE DANGER OF PRIDE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: THE DANGER OF PRIDE   Wed May 15, 2013 10:36 am

"My heart is not proud, O Lord, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me." PSALM 131:1

It's hard to believe these words are attributed to the greatest warrior-king Israel ever had. When David was still a boy, he engaged the most fearsome warrior of the Philistine army in hand-to-hand combat, defeating him in seconds. This is the same boy that slew the giant Goliath with a sling and stone when all of Israel was too afraid. In the years ahead David's acts of valor became legendary among God's people as he was known as the man "that slew his tens of thousands to King Saul's thousands." But this is not what made David "a man after God's own heart."
David understood the danger of pride, a cancer of the soul and common to all. It abounds in the midst of success. The more we accomplish, the more likely it is that our own glory will loom larger in our hearts than God's. As this happens our hearts become more unsettled, which prompts us to seek even greater glory for ourselves.
And we should never forget what the scriptures say about pride. “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble." James 4:6 And in Proverbs 16:18, "Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall."
But no one ever finds satisfaction in his/her pride. Without Christ, we don't even realize we're polluted with it! Instead, we can find contentment by letting go of glory. Rather than having haughty eyes, our vision must be filled with the glory of the King of kings. All glory belongs to Him. When we give it to Him, we will discover that our hearts are satisfied and contented.

Dear Father in Heaven, Show me my own true heart, remove all my pride and turn me into a person that instead, gives all glory to You...through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: THE DANGER OF PRIDE   Thu May 16, 2013 8:28 pm

So very true Bob. Pride will destroy everything. When we feel we are bigger or better than anyone we are doomed. There are so many unspeakable evils in this world. The only way to ever really know yourself is to know Christ first. Seek him out before you seek yourself so to say and you will find inner peace and contentment. Smile

http://www.christinecarclubforum.com

THE DANGER OF PRIDE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-