The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Yesterday at 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

TELL ME THE STORY AGAIN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: TELL ME THE STORY AGAIN   Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:09 am

Peter Speaks to the crowd after Pentecost: The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed and you disowned Him before Pilate, though he had decided to let Him go. You disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked that a murderer be released to you. You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses of this. Acts 3:13-15

God created us to want to hear stories. Anyone who spends time with children can attest to this. Across cultures and times, humans have told, written, and acted out stories. Our Creator has told us about Himself in great detail through the stories in the Bible. He has also taught us a lot about ourselves too. Do we take an interest in these things?

When we get lost in the details of our own lives, we can be disinterested in/or be tempted to forget all that God's stories have taught us. We may doubt His goodness or even what we believe. That is when we need to be reminded of the greatest story that was ever told. Lord, tell me again how you made me, loved me, died and rose again for me, and saved me!

After spending each week at work and taking care of our children, home and chores etc. we are usually worn out. But how rejuvenating Sunday morning can be to hear the story of our salvation and then to tell ourselves again: I believe in the Maker of heaven and earth, Who was born of the virgin Mary, was crucified, died, and was buried, Who ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father, Who forgives my sins, and welcomes me into the life everlasting. Can you think of a better promise? Have you ever believed and received God's free gift of salvation? Jesus died in your place...it's way too great a story to dismiss.

INSIGHT: TURN TO GOD'S WORD, TO THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD, WHEN YOU ARE DOUBTING YOUR SALVATION OR GOD'S PROVIDENCE IN YOUR LIFE.

Dear Lord, Give me the desire to read the greatest story ever told...and then to believe it and receive Jesus in my heart as my Lord and Savior. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

TELL ME THE STORY AGAIN

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-