The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» He Changes Everything
Yesterday at 7:09 pm by furvedere

» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

» Converting 350 to Electronic Ignition..
Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:15 am by Bloodhound1958

» New christine lp
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:25 am by goat19642004

» What will work with a 440?
Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:58 pm by 57belv

» Christine's exhaust sound?
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:02 pm by eva_392

» New Front Brake Drums (11x2)
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:42 pm by eva_392

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Where were you when the twin towers were hit?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Illumination70
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Where were you when the twin towers were hit?   Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:33 pm

I know it's been 12 years ago,but I was wondering where the other members were on September 11th 2001?
As for me, I had just finished my regular Tuesday morning workout when my mom called with the news about our country being under attack.
I quickly turned on the CNN and couldn't believe my eyes when the South Tower collapsed.
Enough about me, where were you during the WTC attacks?

Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

Big Block 361

PostSubject: Re: Where were you when the twin towers were hit?   Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:02 pm

I was sitting right here in my office writing invoices for parts, when a friend and his wife rushed in to tell me the news. I didn't have a television or radio handy, so we went over to the mercantile store and watched the second plane crash into the towers. The whole thing left me with a empty, sad feeling, I had gone to the top of the towers the first year they had opened, while on a family vacation to New England. It was so unexpected, especially to happen in this country.

---John

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Where were you when the twin towers were hit?   Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:53 pm

Big M-I can relate because one of my fashion courses I attended in January 1990 was in the North Tower.

CCC Member
CCC Member

NOS 350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Where were you when the twin towers were hit?   Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:01 pm

I was walking into work when a friend told me a plane hit. I and my cowrkers thought it was an accident as I recalled the B-24 Liberator that crashed into the empire state building during WWII. Then the second plane..the pentagon happened and we knew. I left work and was devastated. I couldn't figure out how they got the pilots to do it. It never dawned on me the terrorists themselves flew the planes. I was very sad for a very long time thinking about the victims...especially the children. Only my faith and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ saw me through it.
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Re: Where were you when the twin towers were hit?   Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:56 pm

Amen to your last sentence there Wayne...Thank you for your boldness to proclaim your faith in Christ. That's what we need more of in the country. I just posted a devotion, "Grieving With Hope" in the Christian Fellowship Section and it fits in quite well with what happened 12 years ago today. I hope you all take the time to read it.
12 years ago today, I was at work when someone came in and told me and a co-worker what had happened. I couldn't understand it until I took a break and saw many people gathered in the conference rooms watching TV. I stepped in to watch too and quickly knew it was not just a accident as the second plane had already hit and the news reporters were reporting it was a terrorist attack.
I remember right afterward how people flew flags every where and how all of a sudden many were proud to say "God bless America". The newscasters even reported how there was a huge cross in the wreckage of the twin towers and how so many found comfort in this. It seemed like people were all of a sudden thinking about their Creator again and how this country was founded under Christian principles. Unfortunately it didn't last very long.

Draw us closer Lord Jesus...

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Where were you when the twin towers were hit?   Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:42 am

i was in High school changing classes and in the hallway there was a television playing CNN of the first plane crash, it did not say anything about terrorist or even a plane it only said the world trade center is on fire. i went up to my class and told everyone, about 10 minutes later we were all advised to turn on our televisions in the classroom where the principle told us American was under attack and the rest of the day we watched the news. Very sad day in our history, i believe other then Pearl Harbor it was the only time we were attacked like that.

Where were you when the twin towers were hit?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: General Discussion/World News & Off Topic Section-