The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

» How to Post Pictures
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am by Bloodhound1958

» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

A GODWARD FOCUS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: A GODWARD FOCUS   Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:55 pm

So He said to them, "When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. "And do not lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one." Luke 11:2-4

There certainly was something very compelling about the way Jesus prayed. After observing Him, a disciple begged, "Lord, teach us to pray." Jesus' response, while almost childlike in its simplicity, was profound. Each theme of the prayer directs our attention away from ourselves and onto God. It starts with an expression of worship before moving to a statement of trust in God's providence. Confession and the forgiveness of others come next, not separate, but bound together. Finally, there is a plea for divine intervention in dealing with inevitable temptations ahead.

Notice that The Lord's Prayer does not include requests for the things we want. Does this mean that we should not pray for these things? On the contrary, as we read on in verses 5-11, Jesus expects petitions to be included.

Yet He knows we tend to focus excessively on our own desires. Our anxious hearts find the peace that passes understanding when we shift our focus away from ourselves and toward God. As always, Jesus knows our hearts better than we do.

INSIGHT: RUN YOUR RACE TODAY WITH YOUR EYES FIXED ON JESUS, THE FOUNDER AND PERFECTER OF FAITH.

Prayer: Dear Lord, Give me the desire to talk to You in prayer. Help me to use Jesus' Our Father prayer as a guideline for my prayers to You. In Jesus' Name Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

A GODWARD FOCUS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-