The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Foolishness or Power?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Foolishness or Power?   Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:23 pm

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18

When I read this scripture above it truly impresses upon my heart again and again how amazing the Bible really is. It tells me again all about my own heart. It's like looking in a mirror and being able to see the real me. You see...as a man that's nearly 54 years old now that gladly received Christ and the message of the cross almost 17 years ago, I too still have struggles in my heart. I don't have this walk with God down pat yet. Can I still sin, have bouts with stubbornness, pride, even doubting God's Word...thinking perhaps I know better about myself than God does? Yes I can...but when I read the scripture above all of a sudden I some how realize that all is going to be alright because the cross is not foolishness to me. It is the power of God...because He reached me through it and saved me. No matter what happens to this body made of flesh that I'm in right now...my spirit will live on forever with God in heaven. Jesus Christ's death on the cross, burial and resurrection as payment for my sins is the power of God to me. I hope it is to you too. If not, I will pray right now that it will be.

Dear Lord, Thank you for this reminder that the message of the cross is Your power to reach a lost and dying world. I pray that anyone that thinks it's foolishness right now...will soon gladly receive it to become a saved child of Yours. In Jesus' Name, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

Foolishness or Power?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-