The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» hard to find
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:59 am by Jurrasic car

» BRAKE LAMP SWITCH LOCATION?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm by GOREDFURY

»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

COMFORT IN LIFE AND DEATH

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: COMFORT IN LIFE AND DEATH   Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:09 pm

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for You are with me; Your rod and and Your staff, they comfort me. PSALM 23:4

For the unbeliever, the fear of death can overshadow every other fear in life. The writer of Hebrews says that the fear of death enslaves (2:15). However, we humans have a great ability to deceive ourselves. We rationalize and refuse to speak about death. People may even mock death, but most often they will try to suppress its truth. Unless you're a mortician or have attended an open-casket funeral, you may not have ever seen an actual dead body. Though death seems to be depicted more frequently on movie screens (desensitizing even young ones to its sting), the reality of death and the separation of the soul from the body is largely ignored.

Jesus came to release us from our fear of death. In reality whether we're aware of it or not, we all walk through the valley of its shadow daily. By His death, Jesus has destroyed death forever because He paid the price for our salvation. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 1 Corinthians 15:26  For the true follower of Christ, the grip of death's slavery has been loosed. We are set free by the blood of our precious Savior. He is our only true comfort in life and in death.

INSIGHT: THANK YOU, LORD, FOR THE NEW LIFE GIVEN FREELY TO US BY FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST. HE HAS DESTROYED FOREVER THE LAST ENEMY; DEATH.

Prayer: Dear Father in Heaven, Please help me to fully understand the finality of death. Help me to see how the devil is working overtime through tv programs and movies to de-sensitize everyone to death...so that they will not sense their true need for Jesus, the only way to salvation and the only way to You. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

COMFORT IN LIFE AND DEATH

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-