The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» hard to find
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:59 am by Jurrasic car

» BRAKE LAMP SWITCH LOCATION?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm by GOREDFURY

»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Immanuel: God with Us

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Immanuel: God with Us   Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:38 pm

Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel. Isaiah 7:14

It is said that Christmas is a difficult time for many people. Many find the Christmas season more than they can bear because of loneliness and/or isolation. Even in our busyness, and times of being overwhelmed, we can feel lonely and empty! Did you ever wonder why? We are all born with a (God shaped) hole in our hearts. Unfortunately we try to fill it with everything but God. We try over and over to fill this hole but it never works...until we find Jesus. If we only could realize the depth of His love; why Jesus really came to be with us, we'd quickly avoid this "loneliness of the heart".

Christmas is God's reminder that we are not alone. God revealed in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, a reconciling love that rescues us from separation and loneliness. We are definitely not alone; God has come down from heaven to tell us and show us He loves us. That is precisely what Immanuel means in Hebrew: "God with us."

At this Christmas season you can be assured that Jesus Christ is still here. He is here to give us a true hope, to forgive our sins, to give us a reason to endure to the end, to impart faith upon us, to heal our spiritual wounds, and most of all to give us eternal life with Him when our earthly life comes to an end. If only we would let Him in!

The Christmas message has not changed after two thousand years. Christmas still reminds us that God is with us. Whether you are lonely in loneliness or lonely in busyness this Christmas season, welcome Christ into your life. Then ask Him to help you reach out to someone else who is lonely and show that person His love.

Insight: This Christmas...may He draw you to the quiet waters of salvation, to the lowly place of worship, to the peace of His presence, to the simplicity of the cross, to the beauty of His face, and to the only gift that Love could ever give...God's only begotten Son, Jesus. Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift! 11 Corinthians 9:15

Prayer: Lord God, Please help me to understand this message and take it into my heart. I want to fill my heart with Jesus this Christmas season. And it's in His blessed name I pray, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

Immanuel: God with Us

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-