The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» hard to find
Yesterday at 9:59 am by Jurrasic car

» BRAKE LAMP SWITCH LOCATION?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm by GOREDFURY

»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Changes Here At The CCC And The Future Of Our Hobby

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Changes Here At The CCC And The Future Of Our Hobby   Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:20 pm

One of the hardest things about running a club like ours is trying to find ways to reward folks for their contributions. In the past the CCC has advanced members to higher positions and done all it could to give our members the best experience possible.

Sadly, time and time again this resulted in cliques within the club, jealousy of others and the abuse of power to the point where members left having become disgusted with it. As a founder of the CCC I attempted to restructure the club several times and now have to admit that we were going about it all wrong. A recent turning point within the club has forced me to address this for the last time.

Effective immediately there are no more "Titles" like Administrators, Owners or Shareholders. Vested membership has also been done away with. The Politics in the club which has caused us so much grief is a thing of the past. Going forward every person in our hobby is welcome to enjoy the club as an equal. Nobody has the power to ban other than the webmaster (me) and our focus will be on nothing but the cars, our members builds and enriching the experience while offering all the encouragement and help we can to all. With the exception of moderators to enforce this new policy and keep objectionable material off the forum that structure has been permanently terminated.

An apology is in order for all the hobbyists driven away from our club over the years. It is my hope that in time they consider visiting us again knowing that the nonsense has been put to an end. The politics are gone. The cliques are gone and the CCC is open to all who leave their animosities and transgressions at the door. So, with that being said please accept my sincere apologies. I'm am to blame as I have made several mistakes along the way. This happened on my watch and I dropped the ball. I am truly sorry.

Kind Regards,
Wayne D.
CCC
Back to top Go down
http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Re: Changes Here At The CCC And The Future Of Our Hobby   Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:07 pm

Not one of us are immune from making mistakes. And in this case you were just trying to include others. Thank you Wayne for this heart-felt apology and having the fortitude to learn...and move on. That's the best anyone can do.

God will bless you for it...for “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.” James 4:6b

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Changes Here At The CCC And The Future Of Our Hobby   Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:34 pm

It's good to know that this club is in the hands of someone who genuinely cares about it's members so that they feel included and everyone has a positive experience. Thank you sir! :Ben:
Back to top Go down
metal74
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Changes Here At The CCC And The Future Of Our Hobby   Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:03 pm

thanks for the honest apology Bloodhound, although I'd have to be convinced that it was wrong to do things to try to make the club a great experience - while I can't speak to the political or other things that may have happened in the past (that I don't know about), I do wonder what is meant by, quote:

"our focus will be on nothing but the cars, our members builds and enriching the experience"

that is, and obviously should be, a huge part of the club, and a driving force behind keeping it going and lively-- but does that mean other things will be left by the wayside? the majority of members may not ever be lucky enough to own ANY '57 or '58 Plymouth, much less a potential Christine, no matter how much they may *want* one, it's just not reality for most for many reasons... in addition to living vicariously through members who DO own these beautiful cars, most members may want to have discussions about Christine the movie, or book, or other aspects... surely anything Christine-related should be welcome discussion?

74 Plymouth Satellite, 400 4-bbl 727 trans
66 Pontiac Catalina, 389 2-bbl all-original
 :Ben:
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Changes Here At The CCC And The Future Of Our Hobby   Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:36 pm

Roy,

Your very important points as to discussions about the movie, book etc have always been a very big part of the CCC. That has been and always will be encouraged in tandem with the restorations and builds. It's the politics that are no more and the unneeded problems that result from them. As for the many facets of the hobby you mentioned they will always be a welcome part of our club and they have always been at the core of what we do.

I have been dealing with the mentioned political issues for a very long time hence my focus on clarifying the needed changes in that regard. Everything else not brought up or mentioned remains unchanged! Smile
Back to top Go down
metal74
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Changes Here At The CCC And The Future Of Our Hobby   Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:30 pm

thanks for the clarification Wayne- the way you've explained things, it seems to me you're making the right changes!

74 Plymouth Satellite, 400 4-bbl 727 trans
66 Pontiac Catalina, 389 2-bbl all-original
 :Ben:
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Re: Changes Here At The CCC And The Future Of Our Hobby   Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:03 am

metal74 wrote:
thanks for the clarification Wayne- the way you've explained things, it seems to me you're making the right changes!

Thank you Wayne for your humble attitude in this matter and for your apology to everyone past and present. The key is to learn from our past experiences and I do believe these recent changes are from just that. This is a difficult task in life because once we have been offended, our natural instinct is to run away. We put ourselves first in line because we have been hurt. It is not a natural response for us to think of others first.

If it was natural for us to be "others-centered", oh how different this world would be. Hence another BIG thank you is warranted for Wayne to have created the Christian fellowship area here at the CCC. At least we have an area to go (if we choose to) and have the opportunity to learn how this "others-centered" life can begin.

Thank you for all you do here Wayne. Nothing great has ever been attained or maintained easily.

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Big M
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

Big Block 361

PostSubject: Re: Changes Here At The CCC And The Future Of Our Hobby   Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 pm

Well put, Bob!!

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Changes Here At The CCC And The Future Of Our Hobby   Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:26 am

Glad to see some change  Smile  I hope this site gets back some real activity...it's been pretty quiet.
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Changes Here At The CCC And The Future Of Our Hobby   Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:04 am

57Kelii wrote:
Glad to see some change  Smile  I hope this site gets back some real activity...it's been pretty quiet.

It's not quiet Kelii, it's just the deep breath before the race. Smile
Back to top Go down
chrome_fins
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Changes Here At The CCC And The Future Of Our Hobby   Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:32 pm

Ive been here since dirt...back through the old forum, and the old old forum, and the old old old forum. I give you credit for all that you put into this, and I think this could be a great move for us!

Open doors will give the site and the club a more inviting appeal to visitors and new friends alike.
I never completely understood the exclusive nature of the club, but hey, it was what it was. You were working towards what you thought was best adn you are man enough to stand up and say "Ok, something else might work better"

We're a family, a community, and we have to work together to keep communities like this alive and thriving...and the easier we make it to introduce new life into the club, the longer she'll be around.

I raise my Forward Look coffee cup to you, sir! Here Here!

Tulsa, Ok

918-521-2889

Restoration and customization of classic and antique autos.
All makes and models, 20s-70s but have a true passion for our Mopars!
Honest, Experienced, and Top notch work. References available
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Changes Here At The CCC And The Future Of Our Hobby   Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:30 pm

Again, I very much appreciate everyone's kind words, understanding and acceptance of my apology. I have ALWAYS put the club first to the best of my ability but I have made several mistakes. Keep in mind I've been at this going on 10 years with the club and each and every time I tried to take a break or distance myself everything went to hell. Rather than run away from the BS I just did away with it. Now we have peace, no stress and we can concentrate on everything good about the hobby again 100% of the time. Smile

Back to top Go down
MoparJoe
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Changes Here At The CCC And The Future Of Our Hobby   Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:51 am

Hey Wayne I think what your doing is the right move, I love this club, the people who were here in the past and the ones here now.....here's looking at the future!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Changes Here At The CCC And The Future Of Our Hobby   Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:56 am

Thanks Joe. Smile It can be hard to do what's right sometimes, especially when its for everyone's benefit. Fortunately all the bad practices have been washed away never to return. The CCC is now the only club in the hobby where nobody is banned or alienated, a fact I am very proud of. Smile
Back to top Go down
318Fins
Administrator
Administrator

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Changes Here At The CCC And The Future Of Our Hobby   Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:36 am

Very well put Wayne.
Back to top Go down

Changes Here At The CCC And The Future Of Our Hobby

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: The Club House :: News & Announcements:-