The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» This Will Take Place
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:10 pm by furvedere

» Rear seat Frame
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:09 pm by GG54321

» Frame metal thickness?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:10 pm by eva_392

» chrome! where to go?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:53 pm by JAG

» Got Peace?
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:23 pm by goat19642004

» Daily Dose
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:26 pm by 57belv

» Attention Newcomers To The CCC!
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:22 pm by 57belv

» Running dual exhausts without a crossover.
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:50 pm by eva_392

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:42 am by Bloodhound1958

» Aluminium Trim - Reanodise or Paint
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 pm by Red Devil

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Can Good Works Get You To Heaven?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Can Good Works Get You To Heaven?   Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:48 am

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us. Titus 3:5

The answer to the title of today's topic is a definite No! However, good works are the Christian's means of revealing his faith in Christ to the world. James said, "Show me your faith without works and I'll show you my faith by my works." The fact is, the Christian who has no works, cannot show his faith to others; and when he gets to heaven he will find he has few rewards. He is basically all mouth - a man talking the talk but not walking the walk.

No, a sinner has only one way to get to heaven and that is by the way God has planned it. He must confess his sin and repent of it, believing in the Lord Jesus Christ died and rose again for him and receiving Him as his own personal Savior. (1 Corinthians 15; Ephesians 2:8-9).

Once a man is saved, the story changes; works become a major part of his life, as a product of his salvation. Every good work done in Jesus' name will receive a reward; even the offering of a cup of cold water (Matthew 10:42). These are deeds to be done that only you will have the opportunity to accomplish: God has a plan of good works laid out for every Christian from salvation's moment until the day he's taken home. (Ephesians 2:10).

The Christian will get his report card at the Judgement Seat of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:10; Romans 14:10-11). The book of works will be opened, and God will give or remove rewards from the believer's record.

Insight: Quit trying on your own...trust Jesus; He will save you!

Prayer: Dear Lord help me to believe what I just read above. Give me the desire to look up the above scripture references in the Bible so I can learn for myself. I want to begin my journey with You. I want to believe in Christ for my salvation and I realize I can't work my way to heaven. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

Can Good Works Get You To Heaven?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-