The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» This Will Take Place
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:10 pm by furvedere

» Rear seat Frame
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:09 pm by GG54321

» Frame metal thickness?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:10 pm by eva_392

» chrome! where to go?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:53 pm by JAG

» Got Peace?
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:23 pm by goat19642004

» Daily Dose
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:26 pm by 57belv

» Attention Newcomers To The CCC!
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:22 pm by 57belv

» Running dual exhausts without a crossover.
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:50 pm by eva_392

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:42 am by Bloodhound1958

» Aluminium Trim - Reanodise or Paint
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 pm by Red Devil

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Are You A Living Stone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Are You A Living Stone?   Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:01 pm

you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2:5

The scripture above may be difficult to understand when you first read it. In fact, I had to read it a few times over...to remind me of what a Christian friend of mine went through years ago, shortly after the financial crisis of 2008. Everything seemed to go wrong for him...all at once. First he lost his job, then the stock market tanked and his 401k disappeared. If that wasn't enough, his wife then left him for another man. He couldn't afford to pay his mortgage so the bank took his big beautiful home from too. But still...he tenaciously held on to his faith in Christ--the only thing he had left. Like Job in the old testament, this man would not abandon God...no matter what happened. And like Job, at the same time he could not help but wonder why.

I visited him shortly after all these terrible things happened. The pain that poor guy went through was memorable enough. But what happened this day left a lasting impression on me. To get him out of the house, we went for a walk together and stopped to watch some men doing some stonework on his church. One of the workman was chiseling a triangular piece of stone. He asked "what are you going to do with that?" The workman said, See that little opening way up there near the spire? Well, I'm shaping this down here so it will fit up there." Tears filled my friend's eyes as we walked away together. Moments later, he said that he had just felt God spoke to him through that workman. He said it explained much about the whole ordeal that he was going through. It was as if God was saying to him "I'm shaping you down here so you'll fit in up there."

This whole story brings to mind another scripture. Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1: 2-4

Insight: Are we even aware that the trials and tribulations that we continually face throughout our lives may be God's way of getting our attention? Could He not only be trying to get us ready for heaven some day...but perhaps He could be teaching us how to help a friend or family member through a tough time in the near future??

Prayer: Dear Lord, Help me to be aware of the trials in my life...that they just might be an opportunity to grow in You and for You. I want to know Jesus as my Lord and Savior so I can be saved...and also so I can be "in tune" with You. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

Are You A Living Stone?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-