The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Got Worry?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Got Worry?   Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:21 pm

As a father pities his children, so the Lord pities those who fear Him. Psalm 103:13

As God's children, trusting in Christ for our salvation, we are His dependents. Dependent children spend little time worrying about meals, clothing and shelter. They assume--and they have a right to--that their parents will provide everything they need.

Jesus said, Do not worry, saying, What shall we eat? or What shall we drink? or What shall we wear?....But seek first the kingdom of God...and all these things shall be added to you? Matt 6:31, 33.

Unfortunately, worry is an ingrained habit for most of us. But because we are God's children, He is responsible for our welfare. That is why you should be "casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7. In other words, let God do the worrying! He says. I'll take the burden--don't give it a thought--leave it to Me."

Insight: Never forget: God is bigger than your problems. Whatever worries press upon you today, put them in God's hands--and leave them there.

Dear Lord, Help me to seek first...Your kingdom and as I'm trusting in You...and in Jesus for my salvation, help me to put any worry I should have...into Your hands. In Jesus' Name, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
Joe Sportone
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Got Worry?   Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:23 pm

This is the lesson I have had the hardest time learning. I've been a worrier since I was a kid. I always seem to want to fix everything in my life myself. And at times, I place seeking His will for my life on the back burner to my own desires. That's when the anxiety comes.

I am transferring units this summer (switching jobs and moving to another state - Virginia) at the end of the summer. I have loads of personal concerns and anxiety which go hand in hand with relocating my family for the 8th time in 23 years. It is plain to me that God has closed doors for me and opened others. I pray that I have the faith to turn my worries over to Him and simply seek His will in my life.

Thanks for the good word today, Furvedere.

-Joe

CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Re: Got Worry?   Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:40 pm

You're welcome Joe...So glad to hear that this devotion was thought provoking to you. I know exactly what you mean because I'm a worrier too. If only I could get it too...that He has promised that He will take care of me...especially since I've received Jesus as my Savior and I'm adopted into His kingdom now. It's all about faith Joe...and the fact that:
We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way. Isaiah 53:6a. We all do it and we all do it way too often.  

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? Matthew 6 26-27

What will worry do anyways?...nothing but make us lose sleep, become irritable and get (more) gray hairs.  lol! 

I'll keep you in my prayers Joe...just as you've been praying...that you'll have the faith to turn your worries over to Him and simply seek His will in your life. I'll pray that way for myself too because I need to remember this too! Stay grounded in God's Word...and be the spiritual leader of your household just like He'd want.

God bless...Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

Got Worry?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-