The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» hard to find
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:59 am by Jurrasic car

» BRAKE LAMP SWITCH LOCATION?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm by GOREDFURY

»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Who Are You Glorifying?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Who Are You Glorifying?   Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:28 pm

"For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
(EPHESIANS 2:10)

Do you remember the big dreams you had when you were just a kid? You thought then about becoming an Olympic medalist or a heart surgeon or the President of the United States. There were no limits to what you could do.

But real life comes steamrolling over those childhood dreams. Mortgages and car payments and student loans make us push "pause" on a lot of our dreams. Obligations press in on us.

The Bible tells us that before any of the events of our lives took place, God had already prepared specific ways that we would serve Him. He planned in advance each opportunity that would come our way - whether we work in the White House or in Home Depot. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:16

What we were made to do is glorify God wherever we are. You may win awards and become famous or you may flip burgers and be known by almost no one. Yet God has known you fully, and He placed you in His world according to His good and perfect will.

Insight: Don't follow the world's lead to glorify yourself in your good works. Follow the Bible and Jesus' lead to glorify God!

Dear Lord, I know when I leave this world I will meet You face to face. I want to be ready for this so please help me to glorify You in my good works now. So I can do this in Your strength, give me the desire to read Your Word so I can know Jesus in a personal way and as my Savior. Then I can live my life the way You want me to...glorifying You in all I do. In Jesus' Name I pray Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
alumcantandthd
CCC Member
CCC Member

Official Forum Goofball!

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Glorifying?   Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:36 am

I want to make a positive (in my own way) comment there 'Padre'

Your 'spiritual' input/advice/suggestions are the best thing happening to this website, since a multiple orgasm!

NO high speed, bible thumping, snake handling, in yer face hell fire (far) and brimstone! Just, honest to goodness, soft bible quote offerings, letting those who read God's words, quoted/posted here by you, search their own soul/decision.

Thank you!

Next time I see you up at Carlisle, you will get a hearty handshake, slap on the back, a big hey-hiya, a hug and a kiss from me! Only, I won't vote for you.
Back to top Go down
Joe Sportone
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Glorifying?   Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:53 am

alumcantandthd wrote:
I want to make a positive (in my own way) comment there 'Padre'

Your 'spiritual' input/advice/suggestions are the best thing happening to this website, since a multiple orgasm!

NO high speed, bible thumping, snake handling, in yer face hell fire (far) and brimstone!  Just, honest to goodness, soft bible quote offerings, letting those who read God's words, quoted/posted here by you, search their own soul/decision.

Thank you!

Next time I see you up at Carlisle, you will get a hearty handshake, slap on the back, a big hey-hiya, a hug and a kiss from me!  Only, I won't vote for you.

Well said!

- Joe
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Glorifying?   Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:34 pm

Thank you guys...I appreciate the encouragement. Like the padre thang too!  Laughing It's so good for me to dig into the Bible and come up with the words to post here twice/week. I just want others to have the desire to know God through Jesus' saving grace. All who knew me before and know me now are witnesses to how Christ undoubtedly changed me! Eventually we all start searching for something more meaningful in life, whether it's in thought only or in deed too. God's Word is available to all and when found, is like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...and what a life changer it is!

Once again, Wayne deserves thanks for this too as he wanted and added this section of the forum.

When we meet up Rick...I'll gladly take the hearty handshake, the slap on the back, a big hey-hiya and the hug...but I'll gladly share your gratitude with Wayne...and let you give him the kiss.  lol!  and the vote too. I'm with you on that!

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Glorifying?   Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:14 pm

Bob, what you add to the club is nothing short of wonderful! Your posts are supportive, inspirational, and are such a positive contribution to the well being of those of us that know you. I wish there could have been more than one member of the year award given because you certainly deserved it too. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Glorifying?   Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:47 pm

Thanks so much Chris...It does my heart so much good to know that God's Word is appreciated here.

I appreciate it... Cool 
Bob

Back to top Go down

Who Are You Glorifying?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-