The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

» How to Post Pictures
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am by Bloodhound1958

» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

No Bargain, No Barter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: No Bargain, No Barter   Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:26 pm

Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Isaiah 55:1

God does not bargain with us nor can we barter with Him through prayer. There will be no bargains with Him in the future either, when we meet Him face to face. It will be simple...we'll either be saved or unsaved. He holds our eternal salvation in His omnipotent hand and He bids us to take it as a free gift--now, "without money and without price."

First we need to realize the need for our salvation. Some of us may not see the need for it because we may lead good lives...and not see ourselves as sinful. Yet others may say, I've led an awful life and have sinned too much to be forgiven. Both of these extremes are wrong. Romans 3:23 states: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.  And to take just one of the many examples of God's infinite mercy from the gospels, is of the criminal on the cross next to Jesus. He wasn't too far gone to be forgiven. In Luke 23:42 Jesus said " I tell you the truth, today you will be with Me in paradise."

Yet this is still hard for us to accept. Surely something as precious as salvation must cost us so greatly! Surely God must demand we work for it! But that is wrong too--and the reason is because the price has already been paid! Salvation is free--but it wasn't cheap. It cost Jesus, the dear Son of God His very life. It wasn't the nails that held Him on the cross, it was His love for us!

Insight: Only cheap, tawdy things have a price tag on them. The best things in life are free--the air we breathe, the stars at night, the wonder of human love. But the greatest gift of all is our salvation, purchased for us by Jesus Christ. "Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!" 2 Cor. 9:15

Dear Lord...Help me to realize my need for Your free gift of salvation, paid by Jesus' death on the cross. Whatever is in my way...whether it be my good life...or my past sins...help me to believe that I too can be Yours. Bring me to my knees dear Lord, and help me to humbly ask You...In Jesus' Name, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
alumcantandthd
CCC Member
CCC Member

Official Forum Goofball!

PostSubject: Re: No Bargain, No Barter   Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:40 pm

Wow,,,,,,,,,.
Back to top Go down
Joe Sportone
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: No Bargain, No Barter   Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:41 pm

Funny how our minds seem to be pre- programmed to barter with God. "...God if you just do this (fill in blank request for God), then I will do this (fill in your bargain here).

Funny thing is, God doesn't need anything we have. That's what makes his gift so great.

- Joe

CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Re: No Bargain, No Barter   Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:59 am

Joe Sportone wrote:
Funny how our minds seem to be pre- programmed to barter with God. "...God if you just do this (fill in blank request for God), then I will do this (fill in your bargain here).

Funny thing is, God doesn't need anything we have. That's what makes his gift so great.

- Joe

Very good point Joe. The devotion didn't give any examples of how we try to deal with God in the here and now. But your right, we are so inclined to try to make deals with Him. Being so full of mercy though, He still uses our nonsensical bargaining attempts to draw us closer to Him because of the unimaginable love He has for us. If only we (the masses) would read His Word, (The Bible) and approach Him through Jesus, the way He provided. Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. Most think they can approach Him any way they see fit...which is when you think about it, just another way of bargaining. Hmmm.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

No Bargain, No Barter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-