The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» hard to find
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:59 am by Jurrasic car

» BRAKE LAMP SWITCH LOCATION?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm by GOREDFURY

»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

The Greatest News Ever Told

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: The Greatest News Ever Told   Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:41 pm

"He is not here, but is risen!" Luke 24:6a

As Easter Sunday approaches I thought it would be appropriate to raise "an awareness" to the significance of the celebration of this very special Holiday. Most do not realize it or for that matter, don't even give it much thought. But today's short scripture verse is without a doubt, the greatest news ever told! On that first resurrection day, the angel delivered the news to the woman at the tomb."He is not here, but is risen!"

Now to grasp the significance of this great news, let's go back in time to the garden of Eden when Adam and Eve first sinned and God's warning became a reality. "You shall surely die." Genesis 2:7. From that moment on, death reined over the human race with fear, dread and superstition. This death was much more than physical. It was spiritual as well. Many of us fear physical death but it's our spiritual death that we really must give the most thought to, because our spirit will live on forever. And it's while we are alive here on earth that we must make a willful choice as to where we want our spirit to live on.  

I've heard this clever acronym for the Bible and find it most appropriate: Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. Have you taken time to read  the Bible? Here's one of the more well known scripture verses that is most appropriate for the approaching season.   For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16. Would it be wise to dismiss this great news too?  

Insight: Is your confidence for your own eternal life in Jesus Christ, the risen Lord? Have you given any thought to the next life and received God's free gift of salvation through Christ's death and resurrection? His salvation plan promises us life after death just as Jesus Christ rose from the dead.

Prayer: Dear Lord, Please help me to take some time as this Easter Season approaches and give Your plan of salvation some serious thought. Help me to realize that Jesus paid the price for my sins. Help me to grasp this greatest news ever told that...He is risen! In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest News Ever Told   Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:14 pm

Couldn't agree more Bob. Where does one start when wishing to leave the life of a sinner? What would you suggest? :)Much like a child taking his or her first steps a sinner may too find it difficult at first. Funny thing is it get's "easier" in time.

Back to top Go down
http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest News Ever Told   Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:51 am

Bloodhound1958 wrote:
Couldn't agree more Bob. Where does one start when wishing to leave the life of a sinner? What would you suggest? :)Much like a child taking his or her first steps a sinner may too find it difficult at first. Funny thing is it get's "easier" in time.

Well that's a good question Wayne...but sin is also a very touchy subject. In fact, most mainstream churches have moved away from even talking about sin/sinners. That's a shame because without the realization of sin, there can be no salvation. Satan is ecstatic about this and it's certainly a product of his evil work.

The good news is that the Bible has never changed and this timeless book is the standard for anything and everything for this life and the next. When one recognizes their sin and wants to repent/turn away from it (this is the work of God in one's life when this happens) they simply and sincerely need to talk to God through Jesus Christ in faith and ask Him for forgiveness and His help. In this process, salvation is available to all. It can be a life changing event if it's sincere. In John chapter 3, Jesus tells Nicodemus all about it. It's a spiritual rebirth...being born from above....born of God. Example of a good prayer:

Dear Lord,
I admit that I am a sinner. I have done many things that don’t please you. I have lived my life for myself. I am sorry and I repent. I ask you to forgive me. I believe that you died on the cross for me, to save me. You did what I could not do for myself. I come to you now in faith and ask you to take control of my life, I give it to you. Help me to live every day in a way that pleases you. I love you, Lord, and I thank you that I will spend all eternity with you. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Back to top Go down
twomanymontes
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest News Ever Told   Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:58 pm

furvedere wrote:
Dear Lord,
I admit that I am a sinner. I have done many things that don’t please you. I have lived my life for myself. I am sorry and I repent. I ask you to forgive me. I believe that you died on the cross for me, to save me. You did what I could not do for myself. I come to you now in faith and ask you to take control of my life, I give it to you. Help me to live every day in a way that pleases you. I love you, Lord, and I thank you that I will spend all eternity with you. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

I think I had better start saying this prayer daily. Your posts have given me a lot to think about Bob.

There's no such thing as Too Many Montes!!!!

1986 Monte Carlo SS
2001 Monte Carlo SS
1984 Monte Carlo SS [Kid's car]
1994 Sierra 4X4
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest News Ever Told   Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:54 am

twomanymontes wrote:
furvedere wrote:
Dear Lord,

I think I had better start saying this prayer daily. Your posts have given me a lot to think about Bob.

You are quite a guy Dave... Cool I sent you a PM.

Bob

Back to top Go down

The Greatest News Ever Told

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-