The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

What's Good About Good Friday?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: What's Good About Good Friday?   Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:43 pm

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18

Good Friday is almost here and to millions of Christians around the world, it's the most important of holidays because it commemorates the day Christ gave up His own life so that we can be forgiven. He paid the price in full for our sins. To make it totally clear, He died in our place! Not one of us is immune from sin. Some are certainly better than others but all are guilty. Romans 3:23 states: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Jesus loved us so much He gave His life as payment for our sins. Now we can look forward to eternal life in heaven with God by believing that Christ died for our sins. He then rose from the dead to show us that we too will rise by putting all our trust in Him.  

But for others, it means very little or even nothing at all! Many have heard the message of the cross and it is foolishness to them. As 1 Corinthians 1:18 states: those people are perishing...meaning they are lost and on their way to an eternity in hell. A very sad and frightful thought, especially when there's a free gift waiting for all that choose to believe in Jesus' finished work on the cross. So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit. John 19:30

There's a very popular misconception that "as long as I'm a good person I'll go to heaven". All that say this have never bothered to pick up the Bible and read it for themselves and/or they have decided that the Bible is not true. Ephesians 2: 8-9 states: For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. That's right! When someone says yes, I think I'll go to heaven because I am a good person, they're boasting on their own (good) works! They think that because of their own goodness, God should let them in to heaven! This mentality totally dismisses Jesus' sacrifice on the cross and it's a complete rejection of God's salvation plan! It's a terrible shame that so many people choose to ignore and/or dismiss God's love letter to us; the Holy Bible.

Insight: Will this be the Good Friday that God uses to stir your heart and desire to find out what His true salvation plan is all about? Will you make it your plan to open up the Bible and read it for yourself?  

Prayer: Dear Lord God, I want to find out for myself all about Your salvation plan through Jesus' death on the cross. Make this Good Friday be good...to stir up my heart's desire to be saved. I want to to do it Your way...not (what I think is) my way. In Jesus' Name, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

What's Good About Good Friday?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-