The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» BRAKE HARDWARE
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:16 pm by 58belvedere

» Need Help with Brake booster
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:25 pm by 58belvedere

» An Unlikely Teacher
Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:57 pm by Christopher L. Faddis Usn

» steerting coulmns solutions?
Wed May 23, 2018 1:30 am by 57belv

» Edna's Roland LeBay
Tue May 22, 2018 1:29 am by Serge

» Hustler stick
Fri May 04, 2018 1:37 am by Serge

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:47 am by cooltoys1

» Dual Quad (GC) 350: Progressive or Parallel
Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:41 pm by Bloodhound1958

» No Regrets
Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:10 pm by eva_392

» Wanted 57-58
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:06 pm by 58belvedere

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix

Share | 

For the Viper Fans!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rare Snake
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: For the Viper Fans!   Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:54 pm

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/09/18/tiny-vipers-have-big-appeal

Hi again, everyone!

As requested, I figured I would take the time to share some info on my summer toys. The link above is from a photo shoot we did for a charity event last summer in Winnipeg. Not unlike your group, we have a great bunch of people who originally came together because of cars, and ended up becoming close friends. I spend every weekend in the summer, and some in the winter hanging out and getting involved. It's always a blast, whether it's drag racing at the track, or sitting around at a car show.

I'll start with my red car, a 2001 GTS. I first saw this car for sale in a local ad about two and a half years ago and I ignored it, but it kept popping up on my radar through friends. I finally gave in and went for a test drive, and I was absolutely hooked. The price was right, and I thought I could clean it up a bit and sell it again to make a few pennies. Since then it has become a part of the family, and the one time I almost sold it I felt I was losing a part of me. Luckily, the guy bailed, but told me it was " a lot more car than he needed". I knew where he was coming from! In just a couple of years, this car has taught me a lot, and I've become a fairly talented, better driver because of it. I learned how to drag race, to a personal best of 12.3 @116 mph. Not bad for an almost stock car in 3rd gear on street tires! When I bought the car it had a K&N intake, B&B exhaust and a short throw shifter. Since then I've done new tires, racing coilovers, and a custom vinyl wrap inspired by the newer ACR Vipers. On the dyno it laid down 450hp on the nose, with 480 tq. A month later I upgraded the plugs & wires and found out 3 wires were cracked right through, and one of the plugs was loose!! It will see the dyno again coming up on May 3rd, so maybe I'll see a bit of a change! I drive this car every weekend, and for what it is, it's been extremely reliable for a 13 yr old car with 50K miles on it. It's a very fun car, and everywhere I go it's a crowd-pleaser. I've never seen people get so excited to see a car on the street!

Saving my favorite for last, I'll yap a bit about my 1995 RT/10, hopefully some of you are still with me :p. This is the one in the back in the news article. This is the one I had first, so it will always be on a pedestal, and I believe I will have this car until I'm not taking in air anymore. This one is very unique, and has the story to match. I bought it without knowing its history, but I just wanted an early car because that was the "original" Viper. No windows or door handles, just a crude "race car" based on Shelby's Cobra in the 60's, with a 400hp 8.0L V10 lurking under the most expensive hood ever made in the early 90's. I knew this one was special the second I saw it. It had aftermarket wheels, a huge stereo system, and nitrous oxide lines in the engine bay running to an empty bottle bracket in the trunk.
I found the car tucked in the back corner of a used car showroom on a busy street in Winnipeg. It was priced a bit high, but it had less than 40,000 kilometers on the odometer, a true Canadian car! Later I looked up the numbers, and between the Emerald Pearl Green color and fact that it sold new in Canada, it's a very rare car. Now here comes the craziness. When I bought it in 2010, I knew that they had purchased the car at a Police auction. A few years later and a bit of hunting, I actually found the details of the car. As it turns out, there was a "Crystal Meth Kingpin" in Manitoba who was moving huge amounts of ephedrine into the U.S. in the early 2000's. Of course, he eventually got caught. During the raids everything was seized. Drugs, cash, cars...including his beloved green Viper. Unfortunately, he passed away before sentencing, so everything just kind of got scattered in the wind. As scary as the whole story is, I still love my car, and I'm glad I bought it. I only drive it on those really nice summer days when I want to spoil myself, but there are still local people who recognize the car and know its story, so it's always an adventure.

If you're still reading, thanks for making it this far! My apologies for being so long winded today, but I hope you enjoyed it.

Dason

Back to top Go down
twomanymontes
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: For the Viper Fans!   Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:15 am

Nice Cars Dason, and the history behind the 95 is pretty cool. I have never had the chance to take one for a drive, but I have heard they are a handful to drive.

There's no such thing as Too Many Montes!!!!

1986 Monte Carlo SS
2001 Monte Carlo SS
1984 Monte Carlo SS [Kid's car]
1994 Sierra 4X4
Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR
506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: For the Viper Fans!   Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:53 am

awesome!

Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

Big Block 361

PostSubject: Re: For the Viper Fans!   Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:54 pm

Nice rides!!

Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: For the Viper Fans!   Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:23 pm

was the 95 sold GREEN? i remember by old boss buying a 94 with a damaged hood and you are right a very expensive piece, i think he found a used hood for $5,000+

CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: For the Viper Fans!   Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:31 am

JAG wrote:
was the 95 sold GREEN? i remember by old boss buying a 94 with a damaged hood and you are right a very expensive piece, i think he found a used hood for $5,000+

Other than yellow, Emerald Pearl Green was the next rare color for the early Vipers. I know of a couple other ones out there, but I've never seen another one in person. The other odd thing is that most of the green ones had the Connolly (tan) leather interior, but mine is grey. The car was originally just green, but the silver stripes and silver side sills were done before everything went down.

If I remember correctly, they made 1477 Vipers in 1995. and only 304 were Emerald Pearl Green. The Viper registry shows 104 of the total made were sold as Canadian cars. I've never been able to figure out how many green ones came to Canada, but it can't be too many. The color always confuses people because they expect early Vipers to be red. I think 1992 (the first year) was the only year that red was the only color.
Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: For the Viper Fans!   Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:20 am

yeah i think green is the only color i have never seen before, except for a much newer ACR i seen roaming around where i live

CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Re: For the Viper Fans!   Thu May 01, 2014 7:28 pm

WOW  :affraid: Very nice cars you have there Dason. I bet they're a blast to drive. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
ChristineFury
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: For the Viper Fans!   Mon May 05, 2014 9:08 pm

Really Cool Cool 

CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: For the Viper Fans!   Mon May 05, 2014 9:32 pm

Thanks everyone!! It's pretty awesome to see a cool group like you guys take interest in a different "spirit" of Dodge.

And for anyone curious on those numbers, we had our local Dyno Day on Saturday. The 2001 GTS (red/black one) threw down 474 HP and 499.8 TQ! I'm happy with that!! I came in 3rd, with a Procharged Chrysler 300C SRT-8 in 2nd at 505HP, and a supercharged Viper took the top spot at 728HP. We also got to see a big Duramax Chevy run a test run with some new mods. He hit over 600HP with 1200 TQ. I admit, I'm not a big diesel fan, but those are some pretty serious numbers for a daily driven pickup truck. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the Viper Fans!   

Back to top Go down

For the Viper Fans!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Members Rides, Restorations & Pictures :: Members Rides :: Mopar Muscle 1960 & Up-