The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING   Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:17 am

There the angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. So Moses thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.” EXODUS 3:2-3)

Right in front of Moses stood the angel of the Lord in a burning bush. Or should we say it was a non-burning bush? If Moses thought, "This can't be happening," he was right! It was logically impossible. A bush cannot be on fire yet not burning at the same time. But there it was - the perfect object to illustrate the lesson that followed.

Essentially, Moses asked God, "What is your name?" God's amazing answer was, "I AM WHO I AM." To Moses' mind this was logically impossible, too. Moses a Hebrew raised in Egypt, obviously learned of the Egyptian gods which were named after a part of nature or after some attribute they possessed. But this God said He existed with no reference or dependence on anything else. Even today we have difficulty imagining One who exists entirely in and of Himself.

Yet this God who simply "is who He is" draws near and teaches us about Himself. Not only did He enter our frame of reference through objects like a burning bush, but He entered our world as a man: Jesus. We see that with God nothing is impossible. For Him, even the impossible is a possibility.

INSIGHT: GOD HAS REVEALED HIMSELF TO US THROUGH HIS SON WHO WALKED AMONG US SO THAT WE MIGHT BETTER UNDERSTAND WHAT WE CANNOT GRASP. "The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation". Colossians 1:15

Dear Lord, Help me to understand Your ways. Give me the desire to find out about You and Your amazing ways through Your Holy Word. In Jesus' Name Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-