The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» This Will Take Place
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:10 pm by furvedere

» Rear seat Frame
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:09 pm by GG54321

» Frame metal thickness?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:10 pm by eva_392

» chrome! where to go?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:53 pm by JAG

» Got Peace?
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:23 pm by goat19642004

» Daily Dose
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:26 pm by 57belv

» Attention Newcomers To The CCC!
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:22 pm by 57belv

» Running dual exhausts without a crossover.
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:50 pm by eva_392

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:42 am by Bloodhound1958

» Aluminium Trim - Reanodise or Paint
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 pm by Red Devil

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Like A Child...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Like A Child...   Wed May 07, 2014 10:01 pm

"'I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.'" MATTHEW 18:3-4

Jesus' disciples asked, "Who then is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" No doubt they were thinking of all they had done, and they expected Him to name one of them. Instead, Jesus called a young child to stand in front of Him. He told them the honor went to anyone who was like this child. What do we know about this child?

We don't know his name or anything about him. Jesus didn't want us to know much about that individual, but we know what all little children are like. They are needy. They are unable to get along in this world without someone to parent them. They are helpless.

This is exactly how Jesus wants us to come to Him: in all our need and helplessness, fully depending on His grace to carry us in this world. Just as He urged the disciples to change their mindset from wondering who had done the best things for God's kingdom, Jesus urges us to lay aside all our accomplishments and good deeds. Approach Him instead as a little child with nothing to offer and who desperately needs his parent.

INSIGHT: YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER IS ABLE TO CARE FOR YOU AND MEET YOUR EVERY NEED. GO TO HIM!

Dear God, Help me to come to You just like a humble little needy child goes to his father. I want to be as a little child...with a wide open heart; without prejudice or polluted thoughts. I believe Jesus when He said that we need to come to Him as little children to enter the kingdom of heaven. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
twomanymontes
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Like A Child...   Thu May 08, 2014 8:42 pm

Well, I have been told I act like a Child.... So I guess I'm good???

Seriously though, Very good analogy Bob. And I have always believed that if you ask him for help, he will be there.

There's no such thing as Too Many Montes!!!!

1986 Monte Carlo SS
2001 Monte Carlo SS
1984 Monte Carlo SS [Kid's car]
1994 Sierra 4X4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Like A Child...   Thu May 08, 2014 9:28 pm

This is exactly how Jesus wants us to come to Him: in all our need and helplessness, fully depending on His grace to carry us in this world. Just as He urged the disciples to change their mindset from wondering who had done the best things for God's kingdom, Jesus urges us to lay aside all our accomplishments and good deeds. Approach Him instead as a little child with nothing to offer and who desperately needs his parent.                                                                                                         To that I say AMEN brother..                                        Right now I'm having some medical issues and I give it God because  He is our healer and know there is nothing I can do without His grace.Rick
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Like A Child...   Fri May 09, 2014 8:49 am

Thanks Dave and Rick for your replies. Bless you both for sharing what's in your hearts.

Dear Lord...You know EXACTLY what's going on with Rick. Thank you Father...that Rick knows You are his healer and that he is fully depending on Your grace. This in itself is a miraculous gift from You. Please Father, heal him of whatever is ailing him right now. And when Your miracle is complete, keep it in his heart that this healing was from You. You deserve all the glory because we often forget that You created the drugs and the doctors, along with all their talent and knowledge. Thank you for drawing Dave, Rick, myself (and all the others here that know You) close to You. Please continue to bless our homes and our hearts with the knowledge of Your unending love and saving grace. As You are our perfect Father, help us to be exceptional fathers to our children and young ones around us, always remembering how Jesus made time for the little children with His amazing patience and unconditional love. I also pray that this section of the MCCC forum will bring others to the knowledge of Jesus' saving grace and the ultimate promise of eternal life in heaven with You. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Back to top Go down
twomanymontes
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Like A Child...   Fri May 09, 2014 9:15 pm

Amen

There's no such thing as Too Many Montes!!!!

1986 Monte Carlo SS
2001 Monte Carlo SS
1984 Monte Carlo SS [Kid's car]
1994 Sierra 4X4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Like A Child...   Fri May 09, 2014 10:28 pm

Amen brother.Thank you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Like A Child...   Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:50 pm

When we cast our cares to God and depend on him to light our path,we can proceed knowing his grace will guide us . This is only if we give ourselves to God and follow Him Man will never lead us to salvation Only our God can do that.My praise report: Thank you Jesus.The biopsy came back negative .Praise you Lord....
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Like A Child...   Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:24 am

cheers Thank you...and all praise to You dear Jesus for Rick's wonderful news!  cheers 

Rick, I'm so happy for you...must be like a big heavy weight has been taken off your shoulders.

That's the greatest news! Congratulations!

When believers (especially) experience situations like this, I can't help but think about all the stories in the four Gospels when Jesus healed the sick. How absolutely free and released of their burden they must have been...all in an instant. I bet you are experiencing the same feelings of joy they did...especially the woman who reached out to touch the hem of Jesus' garment to be healed. Again...Congratulations Rick.

Bob   

Bob

Back to top Go down

Like A Child...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-