The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

» How to Post Pictures
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am by Bloodhound1958

» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Update to Christine II The Final Possession

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bill1970
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Mon May 12, 2014 6:43 pm

Ok friends im sorry I have not been posting and keeping everyone in the loop. So here is the latest news My buddy and editor got a hold of Richard Kobritz and from what I was told Kobritz did not like the screenplay and called it amature. But I got a feeling he did not read the script all the way through and and he has stated he did not want to have a sequal but in the end of the first movie we all know there was a an opening for a sequal. Alan and I are still working on the script and fine tuning it we are writing this as fans not puppets for the " biz " further news will be coming.
Back to top Go down
Bill1970
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:14 pm

Another update I have found an agency that might be able to help me with getting a hold of the right people at Columbia - Tri Star. I will keep the forum updated as to what's going on with the project.
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:17 pm

I certainly wish you well Bill! Have you considered putting this out as an E-book first? I'm sure there are quite a few of us who would enjoy reading it. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
Bill1970
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:25 pm

Right now its a script but as we know more there will be a book version for viewing.

Richard Old Man Harrison

Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
ArnieCunningham
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:58 pm

Be nice if this was a movie. Smile

Arnie Cunningham - All of this because some drunk ran over that sh*tter Welch?

Arnie Cunningham -  you just saddle up and ride along with all those other  sh*tters.

Arnie Cunningham - 'Ung-ung-gooth-ung,'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bill1970
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:01 pm

The project is moving at a bit of a snails pace but im seeing headway being made. Me and my buddy that has been editing the script has made a few tweaks here and there but staying true to what the fans want. There have been people has been putting there two cents in and have never seen the movie wich is frustrating but what can ya do people have there rights to there views ( God bless America ). More news will be coming as time passes.

Richard Old Man Harrison

Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
ArnieCunningham
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:23 am

Keep us in the loop. Smile

Arnie Cunningham -  you just saddle up and ride along with all those other  sh*tters.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bill1970
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:49 pm

Of course i will keep you all in the loop as to what is happening.

Richard Old Man Harrison

Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
ArnieCunningham
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:04 pm

Bill1970 wrote:
Of course i will keep you all in the loop as to what is happening.

I know its early, but ever think of filming locations?

Back to top Go down
Bill1970
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:53 pm

Palmdale and Adelanto California I have been busy searching ideal shooting locations and I believe those two are the best.

Richard Old Man Harrison

Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
ArnieCunningham
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:10 pm

Bill1970 wrote:
Palmdale and Adelanto California I have been busy searching ideal shooting locations and I believe those two are the best.

I never been there. But from what i hear its perfect.

Back to top Go down
Bill1970
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:15 pm

For the residence scenes Palmdale will be awesome and for the yard and chase scenes Adelanto was to my mind good idea.

Richard Old Man Harrison

Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
ArnieCunningham
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:19 pm

I hope you do this. Cause this sounds AWESOME!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bill1970
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:56 am

Thank you im doing this as a Christine fan and this is for the Christine fans.

Richard Old Man Harrison

Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
ArnieCunningham
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:24 pm

Bill1970 wrote:
Thank you im doing this as a Christine fan and this is for the Christine fans.

Welcome. Smile will you add any bits from the book?

Back to top Go down
Bill1970
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:29 pm

There are some dream sequences from the book that is going in to the script.

Richard Old Man Harrison

Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
ArnieCunningham
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:57 pm

Bill1970 wrote:
There are some dream sequences from the book that is going in to the script.

Oooh sounds good. Wink

Back to top Go down
ArnieCunningham
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:32 pm

I hope you are still getting the info to do the movie. Smile

Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:24 pm

If there was a movie to come out I would be the first inline..If there was a book to come out I would be the first inline. If both come out I will be inline first for both!! ha ha get the picture..lol.. Very Happy To be honest im shocked there hasn't been something out already. If done right the movie would be a block buster! I so hope something is going to be made!! All fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
ArnieCunningham
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:41 pm

DevilsRide wrote:
If there was a movie to come out I would be the first inline..If there was a book to come out I would be the first inline. If both come out I will be inline first for both!! ha ha get the picture..lol.. Very Happy To be honest im shocked there hasn't been something out already. If done right the movie would be a block buster! I so hope something is going to be made!! All fingers crossed!

Yeah me too. Smile just gotta keep praying. Wink

Back to top Go down
Bill1970
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:48 pm

My former agent was not willing to help me with getting a hold of the right people at Columbia. But i'm still moving strong with this and I am searching for a new agent to help with this project.

Richard Old Man Harrison

Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
Serge
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:10 pm

I'm curious as this is all new to me. You bet the first movie left the door open. I wonder how you can revive (ha) Christine without rehashing the Roland or Arnie storylines. It was a pretty self-contained story, despite the movie's ending. As one critic put it, a deadpan satire of '50s nostalgists like me and of men's relationship with their cars. Another's called it a male Carrie.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/OldWorldBasic/index.html
nounnudda
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:28 pm

I have a storyline and have also been working on a book to be a continuation. A sequel that also starts at the end of the first movie. Tho I think you guys wouldn't quite agree on my version being that I got rid of the beautiful fury and replaced it with a custom 65'Gto. My book is 85% finished and I'm already writing for permission uses from Simon and shutter as well as Stephen King. Altho not official yet, I hope my idea is well received by King and eventually meet the approval of the fans. I would give more details about my book and plans but I see there are others who would probably make sure I had complications in completing this project... so, altho I'm excited about it, sorry guys. Food for thought...this is 2016 and technology really has improved since the first movie but, why destroy another set of ferries or belvederes? If this movie is really made, don't think i could watch them destroy another set of furys or belvederes. We really should decide on a real replacement. Seriously
Back to top Go down
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:10 pm

Speaking about replacing Christine with another car; I just don't think it would be the same Christine if you replaced the '58 Belvedere which is Christine with a '65 GTO. Cause I mean, Plymouth and Pontiac, 2 completely different cars, that both look completely different. Even if you painted the Goat red and white, it still wouldn't look like Christine. Because here with the Goat, you have a '60s muscle car. Here with the '58 Belvy used as Christine, you have a finned Mopar that before Christine first came out in '83, people didn't give those cars a second glance, it was just an old '50s boat to most. But after Christine, that changed everyones minds about those cars, they were all of a sudden really cool and everyone wanted one. And here with the Goat, when it was produced, it was already really cool because it was a muscle car from the '60s. Everyone already loved the muscle cars from the '60s.
Now you probably have a reason for wanting to replace Christine with the Goat, because hat may be your type of car or you may even own one. I'm not trying to say Goats are all bad, they're a nice car.
But when it comes to replacing Christine with the Goat, I don't think anyone would recognize that car as being Christine because it is drilled into everyones minds that Christine was, and is, a '58 Plymouth. No exceptions. I have seen, even the people that are not a Christine fan by any means, recognize a '58 Plymouth as being Christine. They say "Hey, there is a Christine!" to even a '58 Plymouth that isnt painted red and white. No other car comes close to what Christine was/is. It wouldn't make any sense to break the tradition of Christine being a '65 Pontiac GTO now instead of what she was all along, a '58 Plymouth Belvedere. It would also lead to a lot of confusion too, and madness, like how did she change from Plymouth to Pontiac now? And also people that would say hey I have a Christine when they have a GTO. You see what I'm saying here?
So just please, Please, PLEASE, leave Christine, as a Christine. To put it simply, a lot of people I think, would be happier, if Christine was left as herself as a Christine. Cause I mean, Christine is now worldwide known as being a '58 Plymouth. And not a '65 GTO.
So if you were to replace Christine, use a 4 door '58 or '57(same body style) Plymouth.
Christine was a 4 door sedan '58 Plymouth in the book.
I didn't know that Christine was the sedan model of the 4 door, and not the 4 door hardtop, until just recently when I read it in the book. I read it when Dennis and Leigh are doing "detective work" on what is going on about the matters of Arnie and Christine, so Dennis/Leigh team up, going behind Arnie's back. Dennis was already out of the hospital. Dennis looked at Arnies signatures on his cast, and noticed one was Arnies signature, and one was LeBay's. So now Dennis and Leigh do further investigation, go to the DMV, ask for the original paperwork of Christine's ownership records. They look at the one when Christine was new when LeBay bought her, for 1958 Plymouth 4 door sedan. Then they look at Arnies, said the same thing, 1958 Plymouth 4 door sedan.
And about destroying the cars, I think you could get away with using CGI. In this day and age, I don't think it would look too bad using CGI for those scenes, and that way you don't have to destroy any cars. Smile
Back to top Go down
Magneticone
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:29 pm

I have to agree Christine in Christine a 57 or 58 Plymouth ! ! ! I know what you just said to be very true . My car recently finished was sitting at the body shop awaiting paint since the end of October 2015 , and if you saw pictures was white and gold and also a four door . Every person who stepped foot in that shop said "oh my , Christine ." That was what I was told by both the shop owner and body guy . Very recognizable car and design , unmistakable . Since I have finished her and driven her a few times on nice days , the same thing , people thumbs up smiling and yelling "it's Christine !" I think if you write your own version of the sequel its one thing and that's great . But to make it into a movie using a different car , just doesn't sit well . Just my opinion though .
Back to top Go down
nounnudda
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:16 am

We keep forgetting that most of the people that know Christine is either late 30's or older...I love the original. Read the book and saw the movie multiple times yet ,when I speak to the younger generation they hadn't even heard of The movie or book. I usually immediately try to hook them on the movie or the book from my stories. I tell elaborate stories of "show me" and try to explain that Lebay is actually still in the car. I don't want to upset anyone with my rendition but to sort of introduce the younger generation to a new/old villian that's really cool. I even went so far as to keep the characteristics of the original Christine just in a new body by melting down her crushed compressed body into engine and transmission molds, having her sit first in an engine shop as a display for 10yrs and in storage another 17yrs to bring my story into 2015. She will still talk/play rock'n roll music as well as everything else because now She has satellite radio (That she controls ). I yet, still gave homage in my book by describing her in her original state, 58 Plymouth, in a dream sequence where she attacks one of my main characters while he's sleeping at his desk at school only to wake up falling out if his desk to a laughing classroom. I had to include this as I love the 58'plymouth myself. So... if something like my book is ever produced or made into a movie, both cars would be featured only the Gto would have leading rolls. So far, the attention I'm getting from my rendition only makes the ppl I tell run back and see/read the original movie/book. I don't want to tamper with the integrity of the original just introduce another chapter. Who knows ,since I made her an engine and transmission she could easily be put back into a fury/belvedere body...maybe part 3....! Never know...lol...hint... I really want to make this a franchise product. I just hope I have SOME support from the real CCC lovers.
Back to top Go down
nounnudda
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:38 am

Ps...to earlier reply
My book is solely based on the John Carpenter movie version of Christine. A continuation that is still ever changing in my imagination until I send it off for publishing. I still need Simon & Schuster approval. They may consider it but ask me to change Christine back to Christine for just the purpose you described "recognizable".
Back to top Go down
nounnudda
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:14 am

OK guys in my planning I figured the 65 gto would look good on screen smashing and bashing then regenerating. The only other car I had in mind was the 66 plymouth fury III,but it wasn't many made.. still a muscle car. Geared toward a younger generation, it would look equally as sweet as a custom 65 gto. Thus book is forward thinking with today's technology. That's why I didn't use the original Christine . In today's world we have 22in rims,9in rear ends, back tires 30in wide and I had to think of children of today, even if they were woed and seduced by Christine. What kind of car would a 17-19 year old,who could actually build a car with the help of his dad, Dennis Guilder, who also owned a duster in the book and a charger in the movie, would allow his twin son to own... Definitely not......Christine... wouldn't happen....especially married to Leighton Cabot-Guilder....naw...smh... not gonna happen, hate to give away so much but can you guys see why it couldn't be beautiful Christine....please reply back...opinion please !
Back to top Go down
nounnudda
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:17 am

This darn phone I ment Leigh Cabot-Guilder
Back to top Go down
ozoner
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Update to Christine II The Final Possession   Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:37 pm

I think you have your answer with what the 17-19 year olds would like.  Just go back to Jackie 1958plymouthfurychristine post.  IMO if you change the car it changes everything.  You're just riding off the " Christine " name.  Change the title to say " Goatinator" or "pontiexorcism" or something like that. Hee! Hee!  I do understand your desire for a sequel though Smile but I think most fans of all ages would enjoy the 58 fury.  Hey CGI is always available. No damage to the cars:D
Back to top Go down

Update to Christine II The Final Possession

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: The Club House :: News & Announcements:-