The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Yesterday at 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

WHAT YOU WERE AND CAN BE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: WHAT YOU WERE AND CAN BE   Fri May 30, 2014 10:20 am

That is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. 1 CORINTHIANS 6:11

What a powerful argument for receiving Christ as our personal Savior summed up in these words: "You are not the person you once were; so do not live as you once lived." That is essentially what Paul is saying.

In the preceding verses Paul describes the lifestyle of the ungodly and then adds this profound reminder: "That is what some of you were." If we have trusted in Christ for salvation, looking back on how much we have been forgiven is simply staggering. Knowing what we were makes us immensely thankful for what we now are.

And praise God for the next little word in the passage - one of the most important in Scripture - the word "but". That is what you once were, but... something has happened to change you. Paul says you were washed (your sins no longer mark you), sanctified (made holy) and justified (declared blameless). This radical change surpasses any kind of cleaning we ourselves could accomplish. Christ enters our hearts and begins our life anew!

That radical change took place in my life over 17 years ago when I received Christ as my Savior. For the first time in my life I had this intense desire in my heart. He must increase, but I must decrease. John 3:30. I am not the person I once was and I am truly thankful to Him for it.

INSIGHT: How we live is a reflection of Who we believe in. Let Christ in and He will change your life. Your conscience will come alive. Your self-centered nature will slip away. You will now have the power to make the right choices that will lead to life...that is life eternal with your Creator.

Dear Lord God, Thank you for giving me the gift of salvation through Your Son, Jesus Christ. I pray that others will realize that He is just what they need in their lives as well. In Jesus" Name, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
twomanymontes
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: WHAT YOU WERE AND CAN BE   Fri May 30, 2014 10:26 pm

Very true Bob. I am not like I was 25 years ago. I have changed for the better for sure.

There's no such thing as Too Many Montes!!!!

1986 Monte Carlo SS
2001 Monte Carlo SS
1984 Monte Carlo SS [Kid's car]
1994 Sierra 4X4
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Re: WHAT YOU WERE AND CAN BE   Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:17 pm

twomanymontes wrote:
Very true Bob. I am not like I was 25 years ago. I have changed for the better for sure.

This is very good to hear this Dave...All praise and glory belongs to Christ...Who lives in you.  cheers 

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

WHAT YOU WERE AND CAN BE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-