The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Yesterday at 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

A Positive Influence

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: A Positive Influence   Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:54 pm

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2

Through 17+ years of following Jesus Christ, there is no doubt in my mind that the casual Christian has little or no influence for the goodness of God upon others. I've seen it time and time again in my own walk with Christ and in the lives of other fellow Christians as well. In fact, the actions of the casual Christian has caused others to believe that "Christians are hypocrites!" The casual Christian has hardened countless hearts towards Christianity and sadly enough, has become "the great excuse" for others to stay away from church altogether. I can't tell you how many times I've heard these things when inviting others to church or telling others about Jesus and encouraging them to receive Him as their Savior.  

The casual, worldly Christian is prepared to do as the world does and will condone practices that are dishonest and unethical because he or she is afraid of the world's displeasure. They ignore the Bible's clear command "Do not be conformed to this world."

Only the faithful Christian who refuses to compromise in the matters of honesty, integrity and morality bears an effective witness for Christ. Only by a life of obedience to the voice of the Holy Spirit, by a daily dying to self, by a full dedication to Jesus Christ and constant fellowship with Him are we enabled to live a godly life and have a positive influence on this present ungodly world. Is the world changing you...or are you changing the world?

Insight: A carnal Christian travels a very dangerous road that is described in Hebrews 6:4-6. For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Dear Lord, Help me to grow in Your grace and to glorify You in all I do and say. I know it is not in Your will that I am to live my life as a carnal Christian. In Jesus' Name, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

A Positive Influence

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-