The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

» How to Post Pictures
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am by Bloodhound1958

» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Clothing Yourself...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Clothing Yourself...   Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:34 pm

All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another...Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. 1 PETER 5:5-6

Peter writes to the early church when they felt like exiles and strangers on earth. They were dealing with opposition and severe persecution, something most of us have never known. He encourages his readers to live faithfully for Christ and make Him real in their hearts, living selflessly and serving humbly.

While Peter begins by instructing leaders to shepherd and care for others, he also says "all" are "to clothe" themselves with humility in all circumstances. The word was used to illustrate a slave who wore an apron to keep his clothes underneath clean while serving. Perhaps Peter was also recalling that last meal in the Upper Room when Jesus girded Himself with a towel and washed the disciples' feet (John 13:4-17).

How completely humbling to know that the God we serve has stooped down to this earth to serve us in the dirtiness and messiness of life. When we grasp the depth of Christ's love for us, there is nothing we'd rather do than clothe ourselves in Him and serve those He has brought to us.

INSIGHT: HUMILITY IS THE WORKING VIRTUE WHICH MAKES ALL OTHER VIRTUES WHAT THEY SHOULD BE IN THE CHRISTIAN LIFE.

Dear Lord, Please help me to listen to Peter's instruction "to clothe myself in humility." Impress it upon my heart how Jesus humbled Himself while on this earth...even unto death...to show me how I am to live. Selfishness is ugly when I see it in others. It should be even uglier when I see it in myself. I know Your way is the best way. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

Clothing Yourself...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-