The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» hard to find
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:59 am by Jurrasic car

» BRAKE LAMP SWITCH LOCATION?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm by GOREDFURY

»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

The Beaming Face of Love

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: The Beaming Face of Love   Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:14 pm

There are many who say,
“Who will show us any good?”
Lord, lift up the light of Your countenance upon us.
You have put gladness in my heart,
More than in the season that their grain and wine increased.
PSALM 4:6-7

An obvious image of love is that of parents to a small child, their faces beaming with love and delight at their little one who reflects back the same love and delight. The image is of a face whose eyes are full of bright and shining love and of a heart so full of love it is bursting. God is that proud and loving Father standing over us, His children.

David wrote of that image of profound love in Psalm 4, as well as in many other psalms. David, who knew well his own faults, sins, and disappointments, still rested in the Father's love which would not allow him to be shaken. It put joy into David's heart as he absorbed the rays of His Father's love, His shining countenance upon him.

The clearest witness of God's love for us was shown on Calvary, nearly 2000 years ago when He gave His only begotten Son as a sacrifice for our sins. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:7-8 Yes, Jesus Christ, God in the flesh, willingly gave up His own life to pay for our sins!

The Fathers' love is better than a fat bank account, a case of fine wine, or a first-rate meal with the best of company. All of those things soon pass away. But the everlasting love of the Lord is the only thing that will give you peace as you lie down in bed. Your Father is over you, beaming His love upon you.

Insight: Is it not easy to love a God like that? Is it not easy to to trust in Someone who loves us like that? Why then do so many of us ignore Him and the unconditional love He has for us?

Dear Father in Heaven, Please forgive me for taking You for granted. Please forgive me for not giving You any credit for my comfortable life. Help me to think of You and thank You for the numerous ways I am blessed. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

The Beaming Face of Love

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-