The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

» Converting 350 to Electronic Ignition..
Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:15 am by Bloodhound1958

» New christine lp
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:25 am by goat19642004

» What will work with a 440?
Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:58 pm by 57belv

» Christine's exhaust sound?
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:02 pm by eva_392

» New Front Brake Drums (11x2)
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:42 pm by eva_392

» 350 golden commando distributor
Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:15 am by 58belvedere

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Miss Belvedere....What would you do?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Miss Belvedere....What would you do?   Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Apparently Miss Belvedere's final fate is still undecided.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Some have said they would prefer to see the car displayed as is and yet others would like to see it restored. If she was yours what would you do?

I for one had a car with a body just as bad if not worse. Having done the arduous task of actually bringing it back I know it's possible. Still, it's a VERY tough road. If it were my car there's no question I would completely restore her. Of course I would be very focused on salvaging everything I could!
Back to top Go down
http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR
506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Miss Belvedere....What would you do?   Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:04 pm

i say put her in a museum as is

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Miss Belvedere....What would you do?   Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:11 pm

By the looks of the article nobody wants the car...or so it seems. Anything is restorable IMO. My cars body was as bad if not worse. It was swiss cheese. Look at what John did with Rusty. The problem here is that you'd have very little of the original car left by the time you were finished. Unless they send it to Mark Worman on Graveyard Cars of course!  Laughing
Back to top Go down
twomanymontes
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Miss Belvedere....What would you do?   Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:44 pm

JAG wrote:
i say put her in a museum as is

I would too. Restoring it would loose its historical value

There's no such thing as Too Many Montes!!!!

1986 Monte Carlo SS
2001 Monte Carlo SS
1984 Monte Carlo SS [Kid's car]
1994 Sierra 4X4
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Miss Belvedere....What would you do?   Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:07 am

I don't know if there's much worth saving on the car since all the sheet metal on it is said to be paper thin and the frame is full of holes so there really doesn't seem to be a practical way to restore her without replacing practically the entire car. I guess they should leave it in its current state as a monument to foolishness.

CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Miss Belvedere....What would you do?   Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:30 am

Crazy... The poor economy has put a hurt on all museums. Wonder why the Chrysler Museum hasn't stepped up?

- Joe

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Miss Belvedere....What would you do?   Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:44 am

The only correct way to restore the car is way to expensive. You'd have to start by soaking the whole car in alkaline solutions over a period of years and use electrolysis to aid the process like they did with the Hunley. Once you have enough solid metal to work with then you take her down to bare frame and start by patching the holes. This of course is assuming the electrolysis built up the metal to a sufficient  strength and thickness. My understanding is that it can be done.

Still, how much is she worth when your done? May not be cost effective.
Back to top Go down
Big M
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

Big Block 361

PostSubject: Re: Miss Belvedere....What would you do?   Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:29 am

As one that was there the day the car was brought up, every piece of ferrous steel on this car is badly compromised. Sure, it could be restored, but then very little of the original car would remain. Aluminum trim was badly corroded, a portion of the glass was delaminated, rubber items had swelled and disfigured, only the stainless steel trim remained in good shape.

From the start, this should have been visible and the car preserved in an hermetically sealed glass viewing case, but after it was partially de-rusted, it longer retains the charm of an artifact. Now it is nothing more than a junkyard car with a story behind it.

---John

Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Miss Belvedere....What would you do?   Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:52 pm

i think i would have to agree with John on this one

CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Re: Miss Belvedere....What would you do?   Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:10 pm

Joe Sportone wrote:
Crazy... The poor economy has put a hurt on all museums. Wonder why the Chrysler Museum hasn't stepped up?

- Joe

Probably because it closed it's doors to the general public in 2012...due to thin crowds. They don't have any money either by the sounds of it.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Serge
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Miss Belvedere....What would you do?   Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:26 pm

I hadn't seen her cleaned up before. Tragic that she's not drivable, if she ever will be again.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/OldWorldBasic/index.html
ArnieCunningham
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Miss Belvedere....What would you do?   Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:08 pm

Restore her if I could.

"She could be fixed up. She really could."

Arnie Cunningham - All of this because some drunk ran over that sh*tter Welch?

Arnie Cunningham -  you just saddle up and ride along with all those other  sh*tters.

Arnie Cunningham - 'Ung-ung-gooth-ung,'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Miss Belvedere....What would you do?   Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:18 pm

From what I have read. It sounds like no one wants it.. But I would give a $1 for it! I could use that stainless trim Very Happy I would probably give a bit more! Hee! Hee!

But on a side note. It is a shame this had to happen to such a nice car. It would have been nice to see it come up like new!
Back to top Go down
Serge
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Miss Belvedere....What would you do?   Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:28 pm

I agree that if she's not drivable, stabilize her and put her in a museum.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/OldWorldBasic/index.html
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Miss Belvedere....What would you do?   Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:29 pm

I don't get how they didn't seem to realize what would happen when you stick a car into a concrete bathtub underground with no water mitigating system for 50 years. Like no one had any experience in building basements or tunnels or bunkers for that matter. Rolling Eyes

CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Miss Belvedere....What would you do?   Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:14 pm

I don't get it either Chris. They had to know this would happen.. I read an article that said they didn't have the technology to realize that this could happen! After reading it im like what?? How could you not!! Heck the Egyptians had the technology to realize this and how long has that been..lol.. Its still sad it had to happen to such a nice car.. they should of put a pinto in there.. they float!
Back to top Go down
ArnieCunningham
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Miss Belvedere....What would you do?   Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:25 pm

DevilsRide wrote:
I don't get it either Chris. They had to know this would happen.. I read an article that said they didn't have the technology to realize that this could happen! After reading it im like what?? How could you not!! Heck the Egyptians had the technology to realize this and how long has that been..lol.. Its still sad it had to happen to such a nice car.. they should of put a pinto in there.. they float!

Or a late 70's Camaro. Gah hate those things!! Ugly!! The one Buddy drove was cooler!!

Arnie Cunningham -  you just saddle up and ride along with all those other  sh*tters.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Miss Belvedere....What would you do?   Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:55 pm

ArnieCunningham wrote:
DevilsRide wrote:

Or a late 70's Camaro. Gah hate those things!! Ugly!! The one Buddy drove was cooler!!
Ha Ha Kera not a Camero fan are yah? lol.. Im not into the 70s Cameros either. The one in Christine was cooler and its a 1967 Camero. The first year they were made. Smile
Back to top Go down
ArnieCunningham
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Miss Belvedere....What would you do?   Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:12 pm

DevilsRide wrote:
ArnieCunningham wrote:
DevilsRide wrote:

Ha Ha Kera not a Camero fan are yah? lol.. Im not into the 70s Cameros either. The one in Christine was cooler and its a 1967 Camero. The first year they were made. Smile

Nope. Not those late ones. Same goes for the later Vettes and Firebirds!

Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Miss Belvedere....What would you do?   Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:01 pm

DevilsRide wrote:

That is unbelievable that they would state that they didn't have the technology to realize that would happen, I mean REALLY? How long have humans been around for, building structures and digging subterranean spaces? I think it has been awhile now.
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Miss Belvedere....What would you do?   Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:31 am

57belv wrote:
DevilsRide wrote:

That is unbelievable that they would state that they didn't have the technology to realize that would happen, I mean REALLY? How long have humans been around for, building structures and digging subterranean spaces? I think it has been awhile now.
It was a strange article.. On one hand they made it sound like the vault failed then they said at the end of the article that we really didn't have the technology.. Sounds like to me they were trying to find away out by playing the blame game. See what sticks and what doesn't!
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Miss Belvedere....What would you do?   Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:40 am

DevilsRide wrote:
57belv wrote:
DevilsRide wrote:

It was a strange article.. On one hand they made it sound like the vault failed then they said at the end of the article that we really didn't have the technology.. Sounds like to me they were trying to find away out by playing the blame game. See what sticks and what doesn't!

No doubt about that! They should have just built a concrete pyramid above ground instead. :farao:
Back to top Go down

Miss Belvedere....What would you do?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: General Discussion/World News & Off Topic Section-