The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Yesterday at 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

» How to Post Pictures
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am by Bloodhound1958

» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Is this a movie car?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jamesbland
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Is this a movie car?    Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:15 am

Hey guys! Sorry I've been so inactive recently!
Basically as iv'e said before i'm from England, some of you gave me some helpful information in regards to if there were any christine movie car/replicas lingering in the UK. Ive checked out some classic car shows and happen to find one today, very close to my hometown too! Now, don't get me wrong i'm ecstatic that ive finally found one, a smile is on my face now!! :-) i've waited along time for this day, ANYWAY! My point is that this particular Plymouth was a green four door and supposedly used in the moochie chase scene (not the one thats crushed). I'm not sure personally as im sure the moochie car/s are exact replicas etc. Also there was talk of people faking movie cars.. Could anyone shed some light on this?

Here are the photo links:
The first two are the car-
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2m7zrxe&s=8#.U94_reNdWbM
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=qy64k7&s=8#.U95AJ-NdWbM

The second two are the information under the wind-shield wiper:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=kd3fy0&s=8#.U95A8uNdWbM
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=28md9ax&s=8

Cheers I would just be interested to know! Sorry for the paragraph!
P.S If the owner is on here i'm not calling you a liar! Just seems a little too good to be true.

James Very Happy
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Is this a movie car?    Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:31 pm

The guy that owns the actual Moochie chase car is Martin Sanchez whom resides here in the states. As far as I know, all of the cars used in the movie were 2 door hardtops, at least those used on screen. The page on the windshield has a note at the top which specifies that the story does not pertain to that particular car.
Chris.
Back to top Go down
jamesbland
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a movie car?    Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:25 pm

I thought it was my slip up, I believe I watched a video about Martin talking about the car and that's why i was a bit sceptical about it! (And the fact it says Stephen Spielberg) cheers chris!
Back to top Go down
jamesbland
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a movie car?    Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:28 pm

P.s I didn't read it in person, I was too interested in the car itself, but I couldnt read the pen writing as my phone screen is broken at the top! I also wanted to share my experience!

James
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Is this a movie car?    Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:58 pm

It's neat just to see any of these cars in person. I recently ran across my old 58 Belvedere at a local car show this year and I was so excited to see it. Very Happy 
Chris.
Back to top Go down
jamesbland
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a movie car?    Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:19 pm

There was a lot to see! British cars and American cars, got to say I love American cars, but plymouth belvedere/fury all the way personally! Such beautiful machines, quite surreal to see the real thing though, even if it wasn't in red and white Smile

James
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Is this a movie car?    Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:34 pm

Hello James! Good seeing you here again!

To answer your first question there was one 4 door hardtop used in the movie. If you look closely when the car returns to Darnell's after killing buddy & company you'll see this as it backs into its parking spot. Other than that there were no other 4 doors used.

Now for the second regarding alleged "fake movie cars". Sadly, the car many of us believed to be a surviving Christine movie car known as "Camaro Killer" is apparently no more than a clone. The owner allegedly states that it has some authentic leftover parts on it. Whether or not it was "faked" at some point is a matter of debate. The emergence of the ledger containing all the vin#s of the cars that went to Bill & Ed's junkyard only weeks before that public statement was made is believed my many to be more than mere coincidence. The owner however allegedly stated that the man whom he purchased the car from was not entirely honest about it's authenticity when he sold it. Best you be the judge on your own with that one!

One car however which was built mainly out of verified and documented parts is Joe Caldwell's "Christine Show Car". This car even has the actual engine used in the show me scene. It is the finest and nicest Christine in the world...next to mine of course!  Laughing 

Lastly, the promo car that was supposedly used for all the closeups in the movie was purchased at Barrett Jackson several years ago. It was purchased by a UK collector for his private collection and hasn't been seen since. It's exact whereabouts is unknown but it is widely agreed that it remains somewhere in the UK and is simply not made available for public display.

Hope this helps! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
jamesbland
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a movie car?    Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:02 pm

Wow! Thank you for the information, highly appreciated! Yeah I've noticed a few mistakes in the movie, in fact a lot, it doesn't make me love it any less! But I hadn't noticed the 4d in the Darnell scene, but I guess an excuse to watch it again is always good Wink also I think if the uk owner has hidden his car away I can understand how protective one might be over such a car, I just think it's a shame for fans anywhere in the world to not be able to view the car if they don't have the privledge of owning one. And yes, sorry I've been inactive! However I've been following the Christine's revenge restoration project pretty closely!

Hope you're well my friend,
James Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Is this a movie car?    Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:13 pm

I am very well James! Thank you for asking! Smile Glad you approve of Christine's Revenge. As for not being able to see one of these I am happy for you in that you did see the green 4 door. Now you know why our club has worked so hard in the past to make these cars accessible to the public. No fees, fake movie cars, curtains, circus clowns etc! LOL! Laughing

Excellent questions though and nice to see your not afraid to ask the hard ones! Congrats. This topic has just earned you your first club medal! The CCC Club Contribution Award! Well done! Smile

http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
jamesbland
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a movie car?    Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:44 pm

Brilliant, glad to know! And yeah it was a feeling I couldn't really explain. To some people it's another car! But you, me, and a lot of other people know different! Very Happy I find it funny how a book and then movie can make a car feel so alive even now and off-screen! I guess that's just one more thing that makes them so special, almost as though you're in arnies shoes for a moment.

Also thankyou very much, I really enjoy it on here! I don't have a lot to contribute, but when I do there's always a quick and helpful response. Not to mention everyone is incredibly polite! I love that. When I got attached to the movie (too young to watch at the time might I add!) I was in love with the car instantly and it's never changed! My family don't quite understand my obsession haha, but my point is its nice to have a place where I can talk to people like yourself about anything on the subject!  

Thankyou again for the medal, today's been brilliant!

Stay safe good sir! Very Happy
James
Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Is this a movie car?    Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:29 pm

Hello James, a lot of the information in that paper under the wiper blade is incorrect. i was very fortunate and got to meet and ask a lot of question to "Moochie" Malcolm Danare. the car was pulled through the loading dock not pushed through, there was a thick steel cable running between his legs during the scene, and the car was NOT rubber it was all steel. there was talk about using rubber parts but Carpenter was against it because it didnt look authentic. hope this helps, ask any and all questions you have Very Happy

CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a movie car?    Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:24 am

Well if moochie said it, I can settle for that haha! And you're very fortunate to meet him, I wouldn't mind visiting some remaining film locations In the future, even though they've changed a little with the times!

Cheers jag! Another great answer Very Happy
James
Back to top Go down

Is this a movie car?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Christine Car Club Tech Section :: Engine, Exhaust, Fuel and Ignition:-