The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:42 am by Bloodhound1958

» Aluminium Trim - Reanodise or Paint
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 pm by Red Devil

» Frame metal thickness?
Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:20 pm by RacerRick

» Wise Stewards
Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:06 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket Issues Amongst Other Things
Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:18 pm by ChristineFury

» Car Crazy?
Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:21 am by goat19642004

» Removing the radiator support.
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Accident at Canandaigua Motorsports Park in New York.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Accident at Canandaigua Motorsports Park in New York.    Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:05 am

I was on facebook earlier and had the video of this terribly accident shoved down my throat. I am very sorry for the young man and his family who passed away. Is anyone out there familiar with the dirt track racing rules or race track driver protocol in general? It looked to me as though the young man exited his car furious about something and looking to point the finger at someone as he entered the lanes. Is it common practice for racers to exit their vehicles like that? I would assume you would stay with it unless there was a need to get out of the car.

Back to top Go down
http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Re: Accident at Canandaigua Motorsports Park in New York.    Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:04 am

Terrible isn't it Wayne? I always thought drivers that got in a wreck were supposed to stay in the car until all the the other cars on the track were flagged to stop...and the race was actually stopped. It looks like this guy lost his temper, didn't think about the chance he was taking and walked right into the traffic. Looks like Tony Stewart swerved to miss him but his rear wheel ran him over. So sad...

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Accident at Canandaigua Motorsports Park in New York.    Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:48 pm

Very sad Bob. It appeared to me to be a terrible accident. Of course our media will turn it into a circus before the investigation is said and done.

Back to top Go down
http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
twomanymontes
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Accident at Canandaigua Motorsports Park in New York.    Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:58 pm

Sad day. They still haven't got all the facts in, but it doesn't look good for Tony Stewart.

If you watch the video, first, Kevin Ward Jr. left his car before the safety crew arrived. That is against the rules. Only exception is if the car is on fire. Second, he charged at Stewart. That's just wrong in any motor sport. Tony should not have spun his wheels, That's just as wrong.

Only good thing is Tony is working with the Sheriff Dept. and hopefully there won't be an extended investigation.

There's no such thing as Too Many Montes!!!!

1986 Monte Carlo SS
2001 Monte Carlo SS
1984 Monte Carlo SS [Kid's car]
1994 Sierra 4X4
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Accident at Canandaigua Motorsports Park in New York.    Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:27 pm

twomanymontes wrote:
Sad day. They still haven't got all the facts in, but it doesn't look good for Tony Stewart.

If you watch the video, first, Kevin Ward Jr. left his car before the safety crew arrived. That is against the rules. Only exception is if the car is on fire. Second, he charged at Stewart. That's just wrong in any motor sport. Tony should not have spun his wheels, That's just as wrong.

Only good thing is Tony is working with the Sheriff Dept. and hopefully there won't be an extended investigation.

Everything you said makes sense up to "Tony should not have spun his wheels". I've seen the video several times. At what point did Tony spin his wheels? I saw him swerve to miss a very irate Kevin Ward but wound up running him over with his right rear wheel...and I heard for the first time on the news tonight that it was Tony Stewart that Kevin was irate/pointing at. When I heard that I didn't know what to think. Tony had to be horrified to feel that young man's body under his tire. Why didn't all the drivers just stop when they saw him out on the track? It all doesn't seem to makes sense.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Back to top Go down
Big M
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

Big Block 361

PostSubject: Re: Accident at Canandaigua Motorsports Park in New York.    Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:25 pm

My wife used to race quarter midgets when she was little, and has been a big fan of sprint car and Nascar racing since. She also reiterated the # 1 driver rule, to stay in your car at all times.

Not a good situation for Tony Stewart, knowing what happened.

---John

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Accident at Canandaigua Motorsports Park in New York.    Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:55 pm

Bob, I saw a video from a guys cell phone. It was zoomed in on the cars from when the initial contact happened, to the crash, the kid leaving his car, and charging towards Tony's car and the actual impact. I watched it 3 times before I noticed, the engine rev'd and you can clearly see the rear tires spin [mud flying] and then the kid disappeared for that moment before he was flung out from under the tire.

And yes, even if found not guilty, Tony will forever have to bear the burden of knowing what happened.

1986 Monte Carlo SS
2001 Monte Carlo SS
1994 Sierra 4X4
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Accident at Canandaigua Motorsports Park in New York.    Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:09 pm

Wow...Such a tragic accident. I guess it all just happened so fast...wasn't much time to think or react. Perhaps by spinning his wheels...that's why Tony's rear wheel got him...as the car was going sideways a bit. Maybe he hit the gas to miss Kevin?

Back to top Go down
twomanymontes
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Accident at Canandaigua Motorsports Park in New York.    Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:29 pm

I can only hope so. It was on a turn and that's how those Sprint cars turn on dirt due to Lockers and staggered tire sizes in the rear.

1986 Monte Carlo SS
2001 Monte Carlo SS
1994 Sierra 4X4
Back to top Go down
twomanymontes
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Accident at Canandaigua Motorsports Park in New York.    Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Well, it looks like Tony Stewart is not taking this very well. Stewart-Haas Racing just made the announcement that Tony will not race again this Sunday. Jeff Burton will take his place and they are not sure about the rest of the season.
This is really messing with his head.

1986 Monte Carlo SS
2001 Monte Carlo SS
1994 Sierra 4X4
Back to top Go down
twomanymontes
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Accident at Canandaigua Motorsports Park in New York.    Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:43 am

Now NASCAR is reiterating the rule of staying in your car:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They should have been on top of this for the last few years and maybe this ordeal never would have happened.

1986 Monte Carlo SS
2001 Monte Carlo SS
1994 Sierra 4X4
Back to top Go down

Accident at Canandaigua Motorsports Park in New York.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: General Discussion/World News & Off Topic Section-