The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Something Better

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Something Better   Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:38 am

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. ...your life is now hidden with Christ in God. COLOSSIANS 3:1, 3

The wallpaper in the bedroom of our old home was atrocious. Whoever put that up obviously had much different taste than we had. I don't know why it took me so long to replace it. Well actually....I had a good idea of the hard work ahead of me, so I kept putting it off...while telling myself that it looked fine the way it was. Eventually, the wallpaper did come down and the new went up but the job proved to be a formidable challenge. In order to properly apply the new wallpaper, all the old adhesive had to be completely removed and the plaster had to be resurfaced.

The same is true of the attitudes we harbor in our hearts at times. We keep trying to convince ourselves that the old habits aren't that bad because change requires too much work. Old habits are hard to break too...especially when we try to do it in our own strength. Our brains tell us that what God has to offer in exchange for the old way of doing things can't possibly be better than whatever we attempt on our own.

Like the process of installing the new wallpaper, the Holy Spirit works by establishing new attitudes. God's will unfolds and we learn that His good and saving grace is something much better and the only thing in this life worth treasuring.

Insight: Do you need a new attitude? Do you have old habits that need changing? Why not find out if God offers something better that could help you to live a more wholesome and peaceful life?

Dear Lord, Show me what needs to be removed from my heart and life. Give me a willing heart so the Holy Sprit can do His work and direct me into a life lived for You. I want my life to be hidden with Christ in God. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

Something Better

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-