The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» This Will Take Place
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:10 pm by furvedere

» Rear seat Frame
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:09 pm by GG54321

» Frame metal thickness?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:10 pm by eva_392

» chrome! where to go?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:53 pm by JAG

» Got Peace?
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:23 pm by goat19642004

» Daily Dose
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:26 pm by 57belv

» Attention Newcomers To The CCC!
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:22 pm by 57belv

» Running dual exhausts without a crossover.
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:50 pm by eva_392

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:42 am by Bloodhound1958

» Aluminium Trim - Reanodise or Paint
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 pm by Red Devil

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Jesus "Brews" The Storm

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Jesus "Brews" The Storm   Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:04 pm

That day when evening came, He said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.” Leaving the crowd behind, they took Him along, just as He was, in the boat. There were also other boats with Him. A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke Him and said to Him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?” He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?” They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey Him!” MARK 4:35-41

In many Bibles, the heading above this text says "Jesus Calms the Storm." But when the waves calmed down and became a glassy sea...and the wind died down to a whisper, the storm in the disciples' hearts was just beginning to blow. "Who is this"? It terrified them to think they'd been traveling not just with a rabbi, a teacher, a healer, a preacher... but with the Lord God Himself. The One who not only created the sea that they had been getting tossed on, but the Creator of the universe, the world and all of mankind! The One who was written of...centuries earlier.

Some went out on the sea in ships; they were merchants on the mighty waters. They saw the works of the Lord, His wonderful deeds in the deep. For He spoke and stirred up a tempest that lifted high the waves. They mounted up to the heavens and went down to the depths; in their peril their courage melted away. They reeled and staggered like drunkards; they were at their wits’ end. Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, and He brought them out of their distress. He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed. They were glad when it grew calm, and He guided them to their desired haven. Psalm 107 23-30

The storm in the hearts of the disciples was this: Jesus was so much more than they expected. They could hardly take it all in! Come to think of it...Jesus is always more than we expect, isn't He? But sometimes it takes a storm for us to fully understand. The gift is that Jesus is in the boat with us; He's not standing on the shore shouting "row harder!" He is with us in our storms, both the ones He calms and the ones He brews in our hearts.

INSIGHT: "It Is Well With My Soul"  Perhaps one of the most influential and enduring of the Christian Hymns which was written by Horatio G. Spafford in 1873 after the death of his only son from scarlet fever...after the great Chicago fire of 1871 which consumed his possessions and ruined him financially: "WHEN SORROWS LIKE SEA BILLOWS ROLL; WHATEVER MY LOT, THOU HAST TAUGHT ME TO SAY, IT IS WELL, IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL."

Dear Lord, Help me to realize that the storms in my life are "brewed" by Jesus so I will draw close to Him. I want to rely on Him to calm the storms in my life. I want to be able to say "It is well with my soul" in all situations. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

Jesus "Brews" The Storm

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-