The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» hard to find
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:59 am by Jurrasic car

» BRAKE LAMP SWITCH LOCATION?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm by GOREDFURY

»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Blessed to Build Others Up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Blessed to Build Others Up   Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:27 pm

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 15:5-6

I was watching ESPN the other day. The sports media is abuzz with the latest boastings of an athlete who claims to be the best. We've heard this before and will hear it again. Most of the reaction has been to look down on him for his boasting and others are proud that they don't boast like him!

Sadly, Christians often do the same kind of thing. We look down on others for their worship style, music, clothing, recreational choices, etc. Paul addressed this in Romans 14. His solution? Look to Jesus Christ. To judge those redeemed by Jesus and made in God's image is to insult God. Yet, Jesus willingly took the insults that we've have hurled at God (directly or indirectly) and absorbed them, thus removing God's anger from us. That fact alone should make us less likely to judge others. Yet we need something more; we need a changed heart, one that willingly endures hardship for others and seeks to encourage.

For those of us who have received Jesus Christ (by faith) as Lord and Savior and have truly asked for Him for forgiveness of our sins, God promises to give us this kind of radical heart change. He also promises us eternal life with Him in heaven! But until then, He'll equip us to do the very thing He has called us to do; to build others up.

INSIGHT: And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of His return is drawing near. Hebrews 10:25
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up...
1Thessalonians 5:11a

Dear God, I want a heart like Yours...a heart that is willing to endure the hardships of others and to encourage others; build up others in the faith. Please give me this desire even when the world "shouts at me" to do the opposite. In Jesus' Name, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

Blessed to Build Others Up

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-