The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

» How to Post Pictures
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am by Bloodhound1958

» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Born Again

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Born Again   Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:36 pm

Jesus declared, 'I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again. JOHN 3:3

When someone hears the term "born again", negative thoughts usually follow. Religious fanatic, cult or weirdo may be just some of the thoughts that may come to mind. But the fact of the matter is that Jesus Christ was the first to coin this phrase, to talk about it...and explain it! We are blessed to have the book of John and in chapter 3 we can read all about it. Jesus explained it as a spiritual rebirth that each of us must experience to enter the kingdom of heaven. Nicodemus pictured Jesus' words graphically: a grown man re-entering his mother's womb? What a disturbing and impossible image! If seeing the kingdom of God depends on that kind of human act, no one will ever make it.

For a long time I understood salvation the way Nicodemus did, that it depended on some effort of my own. I longed to be a different kind of person, but no matter how I tried, I failed. My goodness wasn't consistent enough; my will-power wasn't strong enough. At best, I was frustrated; at worst, despairing.

Jesus listened to Nicodemus and said, "I tell you the truth." He was describing a very different kind of experience, one of a spiritual birth, done by the Holy Spirit Himself. Nicodemus misunderstood, yet in a way, he was right: no man can give himself new life. But God can, and it's a life far greater than the one that happens in the flesh.

Insight: Are you born again? If your sin bothers you...If you have the slightest desire to know Jesus Christ as your Savior, God is speaking to you and He is calling you to be born again...that is: being born spiritually, born from above, born of God. It is nothing you can do of yourself. Jesus did it all on the cross at Calvary almost 2000 years ago. Now it's up to you to receive Him by faith as you Lord and Savior...to ask Him for forgiveness of your sins...then you can be born again.

Dear God, Thank you for sending Your Son, Jesus to be the Savior of the world. I would like to understand what being "born again" is all about. Give me the desire to read John, chapter 3 in the Bible. Give me the desire to ask questions too...so I can fully understand. This is what Jesus said in Revelation 3:20, Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.  In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

Born Again

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-