The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Christine's Back
CCC Member
CCC Member

GRANDMASTER OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:45 pm

Today a really close friend of mine lost his home to an electrical fire. Thankfully him and his wife and two little ones got out safe. But they lost everything. I would like to ask everyone to please think of them and put them in your prayers. This is a terrible time of year for this to happen. Not that there is any good time for it to happen. But right around the holidays makes it all the harder.  I'm going to help him out the next few days trying to do anything I can. So if I'm not around posting a lot you know where I will be.

Their names are Bob and Whitney Norris, and their 8 old boy is Dominic and Eleana is their 8 month old girl.  Please think of them.

Thanks
walt
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:56 pm

They will be in our prayers Brother Walt. They are fortunate to have a good friend like you watching out for them. God Bless!

Chris.

Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:58 pm

Walt, Let us know what we can do to help. Perhaps we could take up a little collection for the kids. Do they have somewhere to stay or family they can move in with temporarily?

http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
Joe Sportone
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:14 pm

Will do.

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:18 pm

Wayne, I will be able to answer those questions better tomorrow after we figure out all the damage and all. At the moment the red cross put them up in a hotel for a couple days. And my wife and I am trying to get a couple spare rooms ready for them to stay with us til they can get their feet back on the ground.
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:36 pm

Our thoughts and prayers are with them Walt.

Brian.
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:42 pm

You're a good man Walt...Dear Lord We lift Bob and Whitney Norris, their 8 old boy, Dominic and Eleana their 8 month old girl up to you in prayer and ask that you bless them with a lot of help right now. Thank you for allowing them to get out of their home safely and bringing them help via the Red Cross. Red is for the blood of Jesus and the Cross is what He died on to save us from our sins. Thank you for that Christian organization that helps so many. Take care of the Norris family in a very special way Father...in Jesus' Name we pray, Amen

I'm in if you want to take up a collection for them Walt...Wayne...

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:47 pm

That was a beautiful prayer Bob. Sad  Surprised

The way I see it the plight of this family has come to us for a reason. NO DOUBT IN MY MIND. How often doe's an opportunity to help a young family in need come our way? Our club...all of us have been blessed with a renewed family here with the CCC. We need to heed this call. I have no doubt that the CCC and Knights will emerge victorious. Let's do what we can in the spirit of the TRUE meaning of Christmas and give from our hearts. I managed to save $200.00 this fall towards my carburators. IT CAN WAIT.

Christmas Fund For The NORRIS family by the Christine Car Club starts here...

$200.00.......Bloodhound1958

JAG
Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:36 am

Walt your friends will be in our prayers. That was a beautiful prayer Bob.

CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:12 am

Thanks everyone, And thank you Bob for that prayer. Wayne ,Bob and anyone else that would like to help that would be great, They are going to nee all the help they can get. I guess the fire marshal is calling it a total lose of the house. t started in the flew.
I forgot to mention another that lived there. Bob takes care of his father and he lived with them. His name is Rob.
I told Bob, I feel his pain right now and I understand that they lost so much, But I reminded him that he had way more to lose . And he understood completely. And we are all so thankful that they all are ok .
It's so sad. I could see the pain in his eyes. He just got this house about 4 years ago on an article of agreement. Meaning a rent to own deal. He didn't have any insurance on it yet. On the 5th year he would own it. In the past 4 years he took a total dump and turned the inside into a beautiful home on the inside. And this coming Summer he was going to start on redoing the outside.
I have to give him credit. He was standing there and they told him its a lose and all he kept saying was I can fix it. And I have no doubt he could. But I had to be the one to bring it to reality to hm that they won't let him.

Wayne, Bob and anyone else. I would like to do some kind of fund raiser or something for them. I just don' know how to go about doing it. Wayne if you know how to get this started that would be great. I'm taking off work the next couple days to help him salvage anything we can. And will be giving them housing and food for as long as it takes. My son has already asked if we can just give his Christmas presents to Bob's son. Which I can't do that, So what we are going to do Is take him shopping and let him get stuff for Domanic . Also. Bob is a car Guy he loves old cars, but hasn't found the right one yet. He has a tuner car that is his pride and joy, He told me he's selling it now. Which I understand. I was suppose to redo it this summer. But now. I'm going to try and buy it from him. Then redo it anyways and give it back to him when its all done. So in reality I'm just giving him the couple thousand and he won't know know it. I no the car is the last thing to worry about right now. But that is a way for me to help him out and the money for the car will help the family.

I really appreciate everything guys, And I know Bob will too.

God bless you all, and always be thankful to the lord above for everything we have and for our families. You just don't know when you may not have it anymore.
I sure know this woke me up

Walt
Back to top Go down
Christine's Back
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:18 am

Sorry for the jumping around and misspelling or improper grammar in the last Post. I just a little scatter brained right now. Just trying t get this typed up is hard.
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:56 am

I had a benefit for a friend who passed away recently Walt. It typically takes a good month or so to plan and coordinate a successful benefit. Step number one is to get a group of people together and approach local businesses for donations of goods and services. Chinese auctions are a big hit and everyone selling tickets to the benefit are the basics for raising funds.

Being that it is so close to Christmas I would recommend starting here and on facebook. Perhaps Chris could post something on the ICC and I could put something on the main CCC facebook page. Joe Jag could post on the group page as well. If we can do that as to raise sufficient funds for christmas gifts, baby supplies etc that would be a good way to get them some immediate relief.

57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:40 pm

Sure I can post on the I.C.C. Is there a way to donate to some sort of fund, like a paypal account or similar?
Chris.
Back to top Go down
goat19642004
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

493 C.I.

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:15 pm

I'm in to help out with a donation.

1970 GTO Judge
2015 Challenger HELLCAT
2004 SRT 10 Viper
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:24 pm

goat19642004 wrote:
I'm in to help out with a donation.

Thank You Brother! I'll be designing a special forum medal for all those who heed the call to help this family. Smile

Sending it directly to Walt as a "gift" makes the most sense. Do you have a Paypal address Walt? Chris, I appreciate you sharing this with the ICC. This hobby as a whole has always come together for those in need.

57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:41 pm

Sure thing Wayne! I've messaged the I.C.C. and am awaiting a reply.

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:02 pm

My paypal address is Evil57belvedere@atlanticbb.net

Well it was a long day. We had to wait around to get permission to go in and try to get a few things out. mainly just essentials or any valuable stuff that wasn't ruined. Now we have to wait til this weekend to go back in to get anything else . Why I have no idea. But we were orders not to go back in til this weekend. Everyone is doing fine and adjusting. I had told Bob about my extended family at the CCC wanting to help. And I think he just about cried, that people he never met were being so helpful. Anyways I will keep you all updated as we progress with this. I'll also post a couple of pics here in a few minutes of the mess.

I guess the paypaling me is the best way to do it. I really don't know how else to go about getting him the funds.
Back to top Go down
Christine's Back
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:14 pm

Here are just a couple quick pics while we got to go in and get a couple things.

Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:01 am

they are so lucky no one was hurt. do they know what started the fire Walt?

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:14 am

Pretty sure Walt mentioned it started in the fireplace flue Joe. I'll make a trip to the bank in a day or so Walt. My ride is in the shop getting some work done. Once it's done I'm there and I'll be sending my donation via paypal. You'll have it Friday at the latest. Smile Please give them my best and let them know we're doing all we can to lend a helping hand.

furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:39 am

I'll get a donation to your paypal address too Walt...Those poor people...what a shame. Got to focus on everybody safely getting out though. Thank you Lord for that!

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:06 am

Thankfully by the grace of god no one was hurt! I will be sending a donation this week as well. Unfortunately I'm on layoff right now so my funds are a bit limited but I want to give something.

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:31 am

Joe, the fire marshal said it was definitely a flew fire that started it off.
He will be so thankful . Right now it doesn't matter what size the donation. every penny will help.
Back to top Go down
Big M
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

Big Block 361

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:38 pm

God Bless those poor folks!! Fire is a terrible thing, especially when it destroys your house.

God Bless you and your family too, Walt, for helping your friends in a dire time of need.

---John

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:55 pm

Big M wrote:
God Bless those poor folks!! Fire is a terrible thing, especially when it destroys your house.

God Bless you and your family too, Walt, for helping your friends in a dire time of need.

---John

You said it ALL John! Couldn't agree more!

Christine's Back
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:58 pm

Ill be posting an update here in about an hour.
Back to top Go down
Big M
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

Big Block 361

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:19 pm

Can the house be saved? Looks like most of the damage was to the wall where the chimney was, or did it get into the attic too? I worry about these things also, as we have just a wood stove for heat here, the house is over 100 years old, and because of those things, nobody will insure it.

---John

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:11 pm

Well good news and bad news.

The guy that technically still owns the place had the insurance company come look at it today. The house is savable. BUT they won't pay to fix it. It's estimated to take $75,000 to fix it using a contractor I would presume. the company only had it insured for $35,000. Because when it was appraised it was a dump.  Well since Bob was working on buying it , He had completely redone the inside. Which would have raised it's value considerable , But that was never taken into consideration and the insurance was never raised on it.

So the way it was told to us is. The technical owner is getting paid $35,000 and Bob gets not a penny , all he gets is the chance to buy the property from the insurance company. So says the technical owner.

So basically Bob and family are without a home. Without most of their  belongings and trying to figure out what to do.

That's the bad.  Now the good.
  Many in the area have been dropping off clothes and furniture and stuff like that. So much so he had to graciously turn some of it away.  They have so much clothes now he doesn't know what to do with it all.  Then I get home this evening and my wife and son were missing. They came home an hour later to get me so we could go meet up with Bob again. They had been out collecting and getting Christmas gif for the family.
  Lastly , Bob has excepted my offer to move in here with us til they can get on their feet or decide what they want to do. WE have  section of our house that we call the summer house. It is more or less just a small house attached to our big house. It's not much but it gives them a place to stay for as long as they want.  
   I don't know if he even wants to try and get the house back and fix it . If he does I think between him and me and a few locals we could fix it. Or if he was to find something else.
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:39 pm

Good to hear the good news and sorry for the bad Walt. The road to full recovery is always a long one. Regardless, my paypal donation will be there Friday! Smile

Christine's Back
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.   Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:46 pm

I want to thank everyone so far for the support. The donations are starting to come in now . I wish I could think up something to do for all of you to show how much Bob's family and Mine appreciate the generosity that everyone has shown so far. But at the moment I can't come up with anything that would show how great full we all are. When all donations are collected. I will post the total amount we raised .

Thank you each and everyone.
Back to top Go down

Asking for PRAYERS and YOUR HELP for a Family In Need.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-