The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:42 am by Bloodhound1958

» Aluminium Trim - Reanodise or Paint
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 pm by Red Devil

» Frame metal thickness?
Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:20 pm by RacerRick

» Wise Stewards
Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:06 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket Issues Amongst Other Things
Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:18 pm by ChristineFury

» Car Crazy?
Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:21 am by goat19642004

» Removing the radiator support.
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

This Guy Made Me Stop And Think....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: This Guy Made Me Stop And Think....   Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:18 pm

So I'm working today and to pass the time I engaged in a friendly conversation with a guy who brought up the topic of classic cars. He was a man of modest means and he had been working on an old buick that he's about finished with. I proceeded to explain that I was more of a mopar guy and he suddenly got a twinkle in his eyes.

Then he says..

"Did you ever see the movie Christine?" .... I replied..."Yes it's one of..."

Suddenly, he cut me off right there and said..."Could you imagine having that car?" "Imagine if you had one just like the one in the movie!" Then his eyes kind of wandered and I could tell he was somewhere else...imagining what it would be like. Then he got a smurkish grin on his face, looked me right in the eyes and said... "That's the kind of car that when you pull into a cruise night or a car show your on the top lookin down...and the best part is everybody knows it." Then he got a call and had to run as he had forgotten about an appointment.

I said goodbye and he was off. I never got the chance to tell him about her...or the folks here that I consider family. I jut sat there and thought a long while about what he said. It reminded me what I have and what I am a part of. I thought back to the beginning of this ten year journey and realized that I have climbed mountains to get here. The countless high's and low's. The untold thousands of dollars. The haters...the shitters. The sacrifices & Club. Then I was back to the present day and thought... I own a Christine! I really own a Christine! I haven't felt that giddy about this dream in a long time.

Thank You God for my car and thank you for the good people of the CCC! Without you none of this would have been possible! I'll never be complacent or take either for granted again! Smile

God Bless!

Back to top Go down
http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: This Guy Made Me Stop And Think....   Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:44 pm

Wow, that's a really cool story Wayne! I like how it shows that there are people out there who are still as passionate about Christine as we are. It's also interesting to see over time, as you mentioned, how we can become complacent with certain aspects in our lives and that sometimes it takes an external perspective to shake us out of our apathy and help us realize how fortunate we really are. I'm glad for you brother that you were able to recapture the excitement! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArnieCunningham
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: This Guy Made Me Stop And Think....   Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:26 pm

What a awesome story. Smile

Arnie Cunningham - All of this because some drunk ran over that sh*tter Welch?

Arnie Cunningham -  you just saddle up and ride along with all those other  sh*tters.

Arnie Cunningham - 'Ung-ung-gooth-ung,'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: This Guy Made Me Stop And Think....   Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:31 pm

Glad you liked it Kera! Smile

Chris,

Ya know, at first I wasn't going to post this because I'm not about rubbing it in someone's face and I didn't want it interpreted that way..

I guess I shared this for all the guys with 57 and 58's so that none of us ever forget what it took to get them. As a club we've helped quite a few people realize their dream. I'm glad we're here to help people avoid the pitfalls and traps we had to endure. I'm just glad that so many folks contribute by way of posting cars and parts for sale so all can have a chance. That's what it's all about! Wink

Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: This Guy Made Me Stop And Think....   Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:43 pm

That is a really good story. And honestly I have come to discover what these cars really are. Not just the fact they are rare but the fact that just about everyone holds these cars in the up most respect as Christine. And with that there eyes light up as they dream the dream while only a small select few dream the dream but also live the dream of actually having one. Out of all the cars ive owned I must say I get more people asking about my Plymouth then any other car. And I only had my car for about two months! I can only Thank God for leading me to this one. And how it all went down tells me it was him that lead me there! God works in mysterious ways but I can only say I know it was him! Smile

Thanks for sharing such an awesome story Wayne!

Brian. santa
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Re: This Guy Made Me Stop And Think....   Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:34 am

I'm happy for you guys...great story Wayne. We always want what we don't have and when we get it...well...after a short while, we take it for granted and don't appreciate it like we should. I'm sure it's part of the result of the fall in the garden...I'm really glad to hear you guys thanking God for owning your Plymouths. Wink He "shakes us up" that way I'm sure.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Christine's Back
CCC Member
CCC Member

GRANDMASTER OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Re: This Guy Made Me Stop And Think....   Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:08 am

It truly is amazing how people react to these cars. When I take Christine to a show or even just to the gas station for a drive. The reactions are just out of this world. It's exactly as that fellow told you Wayne, When you pull in with Christine it's like you are at the top .

It's like this summer. I took Christine to a cruise in that we  have every Sunday evening. It's about 20 minutes from me. But I took me 2 hours to get there all because I stopped to get fuel. It literally took an hour and a half to leave the gas pumps because people came swarming over to see Christine. There were about 30 people gathered around me asking questions and taking pics. Saying they never thought in a million years that they would get to see a real live Christine in person. Then they were blown away when I told them i live here, and Christine has been here and they just didn't know it. And this happens every time I take her out. I just wonder where these people come from. I mean I drive her around a fair amount in the summer on nice sunny days, surely the would have seen here around town sometimes.

Then when i got to the cruise in. The same thing happens every time i take her there. She steals the show. People stop looking at what they are looking at and rush over to Christine. Ive even heard other car guys with some very high dollar cars get pissed cause their cars aren't getting the attention.
It actually gets so bad that i walk away and come back to Christine when I'm ready to leave. And she still has a huge crowd around her hours later

It's great having such a recognizable iconic car. But it can also be a pain in the rear end at times. Because  it doesn't matter when or where you go , people are going to want to talk to you about it.
Back to top Go down
goat19642004
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

493 C.I.

PostSubject: Re: This Guy Made Me Stop And Think....   Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:39 am

furvedere wrote:
I'm happy for you guys...great story Wayne. We always want what we don't have and when we get it...well...after a short while, we take it for granted and don't appreciate it like we should. I'm sure it's part of the result of the fall in the garden...I'm really glad to hear you guys thanking God for owning your Plymouths. Wink He "shakes us up" that way I'm sure.
X2!

1970 GTO Judge
2015 Challenger HELLCAT
2004 SRT 10 Viper
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: This Guy Made Me Stop And Think....   Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:08 pm

I'ts fun when your car garners the kind of attention that these cars do. I was surprised by the attention I got at gas stations when I brought my 57 home from Missouri.

CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: This Guy Made Me Stop And Think....   Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:03 pm

I get that same attention in my Toyota Tacoma crew cab.... Wait.... No I don't!
Surprised

Seriously, you guys are lucky. I just wish I had one to start on. But hey, I am a planner. I am moving out one step at a time.... One day....

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: This Guy Made Me Stop And Think....   Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:20 pm

Hold on to the dream Joe! When your truly ready the right car will come along. You seem like a guy who is methodical and patient. That measured approach will pay off for you one day... Wink

Back to top Go down
ArnieCunningham
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: This Guy Made Me Stop And Think....   Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:26 pm

Yeah I need to get through the boring tests parts first. Laughing

Arnie Cunningham - All of this because some drunk ran over that sh*tter Welch?

Arnie Cunningham -  you just saddle up and ride along with all those other  sh*tters.

Arnie Cunningham - 'Ung-ung-gooth-ung,'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

This Guy Made Me Stop And Think....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: General Discussion/World News & Off Topic Section-