The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Wed 21 Jun 2017 - 1:38 by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 21:20 by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat 3 Jun 2017 - 23:14 by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon 29 May 2017 - 23:52 by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon 29 May 2017 - 7:12 by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat 27 May 2017 - 8:37 by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun 21 May 2017 - 8:45 by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon 15 May 2017 - 14:06 by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun 14 May 2017 - 18:57 by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun 14 May 2017 - 18:51 by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

The Great Searcher of Our Hearts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: The Great Searcher of Our Hearts   Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 12:20

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.  Psalm 139:23-24

Prayer in Jesus' Name is the way we talk with God...to develop and maintain a personal relationship with Him. But it is also a way to really get to know ourselves. We have an inherited blindness about our own hearts, so there is great danger that we’ll be hypocrites and not know it. The Pharisees were a religious and political movement of ancient Israel. They were totally convinced that they were righteous, but Jesus told them they were like tombs, white on the outside, dead on the inside.

The answer is to come into the light and ask the Lord to show us ourselves. Jesus said people avoid the light because their deeds are evil.  And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. John 3:19-20

Jesus Christ's death on the cross and resurrection from the dead removes our inherited defensiveness...IF...we have received God's great gift to us. He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18. If we have believed in the Lord Jesus Christ and have received Him as our Savior for the forgiveness of our sins...there’s no fear in having Him search our hearts because we know He loves us. He’ll cleanse our conscience with His forgiveness and transform us with His Spirit.

Insight: Coming into the light to have our hearts searched for sin is a very "underrated privilege" of being a child of God, yet it’s one King David treasured. Psalm 139 is his song of praise to God for knowing him inside and out and for creating integrity in his heart. Please read it for yourself so you can also know even more about...Your Creator God, The Great Searcher of Our Hearts. Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place. Psalm 51:6

Dear Lord God, my Creator, I thank you for the great way You love me. I want you to search my heart so Your truth can be in me. I want Your wisdom in my inmost place. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

The Great Searcher of Our Hearts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-