The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» C@@L pic of Christine with Danica
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:18 am by ghostsoldier

» Article on Christine
Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:38 pm by 58belvedere

» Deep Roots
Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:00 pm by furvedere

» Fresh Air Intake?
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:46 pm by 58belvedere

» Speedometer pinion gear
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:42 pm by JAG

» Hell Hath No Fury Like Her: The Making of Christine by Lee Gambin
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:20 pm by ghostsoldier

» 1966 Ford Mustang
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:54 am by JAG

» RMS Titanic Control Room Panel
Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:43 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Donald M. Morgan/Dean Cundey
Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:22 am by Christinefan824

» Bettie wants to wish all of you and your Babies, a Happy Halloween!
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:17 pm by Christopher L. Faddis Usn

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix

Share | 

So What's Missing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: So What's Missing?   Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:39 pm

Well folks.. I've equipped our forum with every doo dad, doo hicky, bell and whistle I can think of. So what's missing? Any special requests? What can I do to make your day? LOL! We've got videos, song lists...you name it! On a scale from one to ten how would you rate our forum and club when compared to them others out there? Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:22 pm

Question Question Question Question Question Now where'd I leave my wallet? lol!
Back to top Go down
Joe Sportone
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:18 pm

Okay, well because you asked.... Some off the cuff stuff. Joe Sportone unleashed....

The good: Love this site....Wayne, I know I am a bit of an outsider because I haven't got my finned dream car yet but even I can appreciate how much you have put into running this club and the site. Simply Awesome. The Archive info is super important for builds, etc. everything is organized very nicely and there is a healthy variety of topics and areas of interest. There is pretty much everything I want when I eventually get my Christine.

The Could improve: I use a tablet (iPad) pretty much exclusively. Have you seen the site from that type of device? It's adequate but some things are difficult to navigate in this format. For instance, I use the line button "new posts since last visit" quite often and it is difficult to press on target on the first try (unless you have one of those gnarly yellowed extended finger nails. I mean no offense intended to anyone with a gnarly yellowed extended finger nail but the Coast Guard frowns upon the growth of such groady but handy digit extenders and I have none to use. So, I guess my point is that some consideration could be made of an alternative format for mobile devices since you are looking for things to improve. At least make that button bigger? Anyone else use that button fairly often like me? Has anyone tried it on a mobile device without the use of a gnarly yellowed extended fingernail?  Hee! Hee!  With the increasing popularity of mobile devices, this may be worth the time.

The just plain frustrating: probably the biggest downside of our site is the round about way you have to take just to post a pic. I have successfully done it once but the sheer effort it took convinced me not to undertake that task again. The difficulty makes it prohibitive to post even one pic unless you have a real, deep down hunger to post it. What's the first thing we all say when a newbie starts yappin about his car? "This post is no good without a picture!". It would be nice (but I suspect there is a good reason we can't) post a pic directly to a post - in a manner similar to a Facebook post.

Anyway, those are my off the cuff thoughts and ideas. Again, I love it as is but if you are looking to improve... Thanks for the opportunity to chime in.

Rating compared to the others: this site is the benchmark by which all others are rated. We set the standard, period.

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:52 pm

Awesome Chris! What's in your wallet? Shocked Laughing

Thanks for the feedback Joe. That's why I posted this! I WANT to know what I can do better. Now, where is the "new posts since last visit" button your referring to? Shouldn't be a problem to make it a bit bigger.

As for posting pictures which approach are you using? There are two ways to do it. The first and oldest way was to open up a photobucket account and copy and paste the IMG code associated with the picture from that site. Pasting that code into your post body would obviously then result in the picture appearing in your post.

Now, the second way to do so is very much the same as using facebook.. The first step is to select "host an image" from the posting menu...SEE RED ARROWS...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Simply select the image you wish to upload and click on "HOST IT". Once the image is uploaded to the forum the screen will show you three codes. Simply copy the coded text at the bottom and then click on the insert an image box in the posting menu as shown below.

Now,  paste the code you just copied into the box and hit submit. From there hit send as you normally would to submit your post and the photo will then show up wherever you left the cursor in the posting box.

Unfortunately the forum does not take that step for you like facebook does. The reason being you may wish to post only a thumbnail of the image or move it around in your post. Options such as that are not for a beginner and take a bit of practice. Hope this helps!
Smile

Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:00 pm

Joe, I found the link your referring to and I see the text is very small. Working on it now. Smile

Back to top Go down
Joe Sportone
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This was a test of the Christine Car Club picture uploaded. Test complete.

Thanks, Wayne. I was using the old photo bucket way! I'm such a doof sometimes.....

Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:46 am

i used to use the view your post button but it doesnt seem to work the same, some topics i have already read and commented on show that i havnt yet, not sure why that is??

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:08 pm

JAG wrote:
i used to use the view your post button but it doesnt seem to work the same, some topics i have already read and commented on show that i havnt yet, not sure why that is??

Check your profile preferences Joe. You may have to adjust them for that purpose. Smile

Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:13 pm

Joe Sportone wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This was a test of the Christine Car Club picture uploaded. Test complete.

Thanks, Wayne. I was using the old photo bucket way! I'm such a doof sometimes.....

Joe, I've enlarged those links you mentioned. Let me know how that works. As for your attempt it looks like you got the upload done ok. Now, take that code and paste it into the "insert an image" box and then hit insert. What that does is put the code in between these: [img][/img]

That makes it show up as a picture in your post as opposed to just the coded link! Smile

Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:46 pm

Well out of all the other sites out there this site sets the bar for the rest to follow!  So on a scale of 1-10. 10 being the best. We are a strong 10. King of the hill! Smile  Ive prowled around other sites and seen what they have and still there is no comparison when it comes to this site. Now that the old archive is brought back for reference I think things are really setting the stage. Another thing we cant forget is that the members on here are very good and very respectful. Which is key to keeping things calm and collective.  If there is anything else one could do on this forum I think Wayne has done it! So thanks Wayne for keeping this site the cutting edge and running like a well oiled machine!
Long Live The CCC! Cheers

Brian. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:35 pm

Your welcome Brian! Even still, our members are ultimately what makes the club great! Thanks to you and everyone else for all they do as well! Smile

Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:22 pm

DevilsRide wrote:
Well out of all the other sites out there this site sets the bar for the rest to follow!  So on a scale of 1-10. 10 being the best. We are a strong 10. King of the hill! Smile  Ive prowled around other sites and seen what they have and still there is no comparison when it comes to this site. Now that the old archive is brought back for reference I think things are really setting the stage. Another thing we cant forget is that the members on here are very good and very respectful. Which is key to keeping things calm and collective.  If there is anything else one could do on this forum I think Wayne has done it! So thanks Wayne for keeping this site the cutting edge and running like a well oiled machine!
Long Live The CCC! Cheers

Brian. Smile
Well said Brain, I would have to agree with my esteemed colleague here and say this is top notch and the members here have made this a very enjoyable experience! I guess the only thing I would ask is if anyone else has experienced any visual issues with viewing light colored text on the black background? I've noticed with a lighter colored background like in the archives, it seems easier on the eyes. Maybe It's just me. Other then that I say bravo Wayne!
Back to top Go down
Joe Sportone
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:24 pm

Awesome, Wayne. Thank for the extra large button and for the extra instruction for me! I got it down now!

Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:25 am

ok Wayne, since i am not computer literate enough to take a screen shot i will have to explain the best that i can. next to each thread title there is a red piece of paper with a "V" in it. if the thread has been recently commented on since my last visit it will have white lines going through it horizontally. my issue is that the white lines used to disappear once i read/commented on the thread now regardless of how many times i view or comment on certain threads the white lines remain, this is how i have always stayed up to date with everything going on in the club. i read every single topic but this makes it more difficult as i must reread. thanks Wayne i know you can help me. Very Happy

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:07 am

That's strange Joe. I have a feeling it has something to do with the internet browser your using and/or your cookies and history settings. Try enabling cookies for the forum in your browser settings in addition to enabling history. I suspect that will resolve the problem.

You could also try using a different browser. Smile

Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:10 pm

i think your right Wayne i did change browsers around the same time it started doing it. ill experiment Very Happy

Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:11 pm

i use google chrome, how would i enable cookies and history for our site?

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:18 pm

Settings in the upper right hand corner Joe. You can tweak them for history etc. Smile

Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:21 pm

i have all sites allowed to accept cookies no luck

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:56 am

Ok, now enable your history and uncheck the box that says "delete history on exit". Smile

Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:49 pm

i cannot find that in my settings? is this on google Chrome?

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:45 pm

Yeah Joe. Upper right... "Customize and Control Google Chrome"---->History---->Settings

Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:13 am

nope im lost there is no "Customize and Control Google Chrome" in that pull down menu. sorry. if you ever come over for coffee you can play with my computer Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: So What's Missing?   

Back to top Go down

So What's Missing?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: General Discussion/World News & Off Topic Section-