The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

» How to Post Pictures
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am by Bloodhound1958

» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:57 pm

Yes please Brian! Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR
506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:40 am

awesome job Chris, i really want to know what kind of songs are in it Very Happy

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:27 am

Joe Sportone wrote:
Dude, it still has all the records in there!.... A full cartridge! Can't wait to see what was playing in that machine 1961!

Oh, and Wayne, I found a pic of a working model from the back... May help you tell some of what may be missing besides one of the 12in subwoofers:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks for the link Joe. I see three components missing although the juke pictured is a 200 selections model as opposed to my 100... With my little bit of experience I'd say the coin mech is on the left (missing on my unit)...The 12" speaker (missing on my unit) and what I'm hoping is a stepper which isn't needed unless using a wallbox..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:02 pm

JAG wrote:
awesome job Chris, i really want to know what kind of songs are in it Very Happy

Old songs! Hee! Hee!
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:13 pm

Glad I went yesterday!

Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:25 pm

Been dealing with that all week Chris. I know the feeling. Looks like you picked a good day alright! Smile

Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:26 pm

Are you guys getting buried?

CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:17 pm

I just got done snow blowing. And its still snowing lol.. And its very slippery! Shocked

Brian.
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:20 pm

santa

CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:23 am

santa
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:27 am

Merry Xmas all over again!

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:51 pm

Now that I am all in on this endeavor I've started the search for the parts needed to put the old girl back together. So far I've managed to locate a new curved top glass and "Stereophonic Music" plastic valance cover. I've also located a coin mech and chute. The coin mech is in rough shape. The coin switches on the channel assembly are smashed but the seller has a new old stock set of coin switches included in the sale to use for the repair. My only concern is whether or not the unit is complete. I may have no choice but to take it as is and make the best of it. Looks like I'm going with Joe Sportone's color suggestion on the cabinet. That with some turquoise or color changing led's should give me the effect I'm after! Smile

Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:13 pm

Wayne It looks like your off to a good start! Does the guy know if the mech is complete?  It will be nice to see your vision come together on this machine. Bring something back that just might have been parted out! Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:36 pm

Yeah that's my problem Brian....Bringing back things that SHOULD have been parted out! Laughing Cars included! Surprised

I'm waiting to hear back as to whether or not it's complete. I don't see a coin return button anywhere so. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:49 pm

Ha ha I know what you mean.. Ive brought back things that should have been parted out. But I have such a hard time parting anything out! You are correct Wayne You do need the eject button and lever or levers that are missing. In other words you need the whole coin rejection button and components that go with it. That is separate from the coin mech assemble. The coin rejection button and assemble push a spring loaded device on the coin mech to release a coin that is either hung up or is a slug. These pieces shouldn't consist of a lot but are needed in case a coin gets stuck. You also want to make sure you have the coin rail that goes from where the coin enters the machine to the coin mech. I cant quite tell by the photos if you are missing this or not. If the guy you are talking with is parting one of these machines out you might be able to acquirer all the parts needed. Again im only going by the photos present to tell what is all missing. You might have it you might not! Let me know what you find out! Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:46 pm

Brian, my guess is the coin rail is the same as the coin chute. He's got one so I'm covered there. I'll be sure and ask him about the complete coin rejection assembly now that I know what its called! Laughing

Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:07 pm

Just to make it easy Wayne so you don't have any confusion just tell him you don't have the coin rejection button and all the components that are needed to make it function. I would think he should know what you are talking about then. Smile Good luck my friend!

Brian.
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:28 pm

Just thought I'd vent a little bit and give an update as to how things are progressing. I spoke to a local jukebox restorer and was a bit taken back by his recommendation. He strongly recommended I abandon the project and buy one of his fully restored units sighting the "money pit" that it could become. Although he tried to do his best to remind me that it is not one of the more valuable and desirable jukeboxes out there my feeling is he thought he was talking to someone with no mechanical inclination of any kind. He soon realized that couldn't be farther from the truth and quickly lost interest in the whole discussion. As it turns out he did only the cosmetic resto work and had a different referral all together for the mechanical repairs.

I spoke to the repairman as well. He was up there in age and he painted a bleak picture as well so I thanked him for his time and let him know I may be in touch down the road.

My thinking is that this repair and restoration should be approached no differently than how we approach our car projects. I'll focus on getting it home, assessing the condition of the components and essentially "sub-contract" some of the repairs. There are several places nationwide that could refurbish the amp and power supply. There's also several companies that rebuild and recone speakers. Beyond that I have the cosmetics covered so I still feel this juke is nowhere near deserving of the scrap heap. Any thoughts on this guys? Smile

Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:49 pm

Wayne, Check with these guys for parts as well. I think they should be able to help you out! Don't get discourage with some of those restorers. They really know very little in some cases. Just attack yours one piece at a time. And remember Wayne to have fun with it. You will learn a lot and also when your done you will have a machine done to your likings. No amount of money can buy the enjoyment of restoring a machine like this. Remember Wayne this is a hobby for enjoyment and sometimes as you know things can get expensive but I honestly think you should be able to get this machine back in order very reasonable. Its very hard to find people that really know a lot about these because there either dead or very old. Most of these so called restorers are people that get the machines very cheap and flip them for big money telling you that this is the machine to have. Once you get the machine give it a look over. Then make your plan of attack. Here is the link. Try and give these guys a call and see what parts they have. They could even have a complete coin mech assembly and things like that. They are currently parting out a machine like yours. So give them a call! Smile  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Brian.
Back to top Go down
Joe Sportone
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:06 pm

Bloodhound1958 wrote:
Just thought I'd vent a little bit and give an update as to how things are progressing. I spoke to a local jukebox restorer and was a bit taken back by his recommendation. He strongly recommended I abandon the project and buy one of his fully restored units sighting the "money pit" that it could become. Although he tried to do his best to remind me that it is not one of the more valuable and desirable jukeboxes out there my feeling is he thought he was talking to someone with no mechanical inclination of any kind. He soon realized that couldn't be farther from the truth and quickly lost interest in the whole discussion. As it turns out he did only the cosmetic resto work and had a different referral all together for the mechanical repairs.

I spoke to the repairman as well. He was up there in age and he painted a bleak picture as well so I thanked him for his time and let him know I may be in touch down the road.

My thinking is that this repair and restoration should be approached no differently than how we approach our car projects. I'll focus on getting it home, assessing the condition of the components and essentially "sub-contract" some of the repairs. There are several places nationwide that could refurbish the amp and power supply. There's also several companies that rebuild and recone speakers. Beyond that I have the cosmetics covered so I still feel this juke is nowhere near deserving of the scrap heap. Any thoughts on this guys? Smile

I suspect most of us (here on this site) aren't looking at things through the prism of getting a financial return on this type of investment. If we were we'd avoid the time consuming and expensive late 50s finned Plymouth projects. We simply don't buy into the neo-disposable line of modern thought. I think one of the things most of us share is the tug of nostalgia to NOT part something out... To save something that would have otherwise been abandoned and forgotten. The Juke box man may be right in that it may be expensive/time consuming to repair that machine but I think your motivation may be set on something a bit higher than just making a buck.

It's all in what ya want.

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:38 pm

Well said Joe. I love it! "Neo-Disposable line of modern thought"!  Twisted Evil He was a flipper and in it to make money. Sure, it will cost a pretty penny in the long run but I enjoy restoring the past and breathing new life into forgotten relics. I can't put into words the excitement and feeling I get when I get my hands on something like this. You are 100% correct. I am not in this to make money. The feeling of achievement a project like this gives me upon completion is far greater than any monetary reward could ever offer. The best part is the successes along the way. Besides, I do things like this because I want to and the voices of adversity motivate me even more to prove them wrong. That's what a leader does. Blaze a new trail I always say! Wink

Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:28 pm

Well jeepers, it's not like the thing was pulled out of a swamp or had been in a fire! Sounds like those so called restores are lazy and want the quick fixes and instant gratification jobs, or maybe they were hoping you would sell it to them cheap so they could make money on it. Don't let the doomsayers deter you Wayne. The guys who do only for the money aren't a good source of advice, otherwise everything would be newer and we wouldn't have the cool articles from a bygone era!

Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:29 pm

very sorry that restorer didnt work out wayne. i had heard good recommendations from pinball guys i guess his jukebox reputation is a different story Rolling Eyes

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:26 pm

No biggie Joe! You know me... I always find a way! Smile Already found two more of the missing parts. Wink

Coin return with rod and missing cabinet trim piece...

Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:48 pm

awesome

CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:55 pm

This will be a fun project.

CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:52 am

One piece at a time! Your getting there Wayne! Wink

Brian.
Back to top Go down
Big M
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

Big Block 361

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:35 am

I'm all for you restoring this jukebox, Wayne!

Get 'er done!!

---John

Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:04 pm

Pics of the upper coin chute.
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?   Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:52 pm

Excellent pics Chris. I was wondering if he had the coin rail/chute. But its there in the pic. Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down

Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: General Discussion/World News & Off Topic Section-