The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Yesterday at 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Words For Every Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Words For Every Day   Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:55 pm

Every day I will praise You and extol Your name for ever and ever. Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; His greatness no one can fathom. Psalm 145:2-3

In a 6:05 PM Friday phone call almost 4 years ago now, my mother called to tell me that her doctor had just called to inform her that she had advanced pancreatic cancer and had only a few months to live. Only a few weeks earlier, she had just developed a severe indigestion problem and when no medicine could remedy her discomfort, she had called the doctor to find out what was wrong with her. Shortly later during a family conference with her doctor, just two weeks before she died, her response to him was, "It's alright, I'm ready to be with Jesus."

Would this be your reaction if you were told you had a few months to live? Many of us hold on tightly to this world, clinging to what we think fulfills us and makes us happy. The only thing truly worth clinging to is Jesus Christ. His faithfulness and grace outweigh any of the good gifts this world has to offer. The Bible shows Him to us so that we are drawn to His goodness and compassion. As we learn of His kindness, we are lead to repentance.

None of us knows which day will be our last. But we do know the name of our Father and Lord, the name we can praise through each day of life He grants us, right to the very end.

INSIGHT: With the eyes of compassion, Jesus reached out to us. He fulfilled the Father's plan and willingly gave up His life to die a horrific death on the cross so that you could receive forgiveness of your sins. Have you thanked Him from the bottom of your heart...asked Him to forgive your sins and give you the gift of eternal life?

Dear Father God, My sins are not always obvious but if I compare myself with Jesus I will always see how I fall short of Your glory. For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23 Help me to see the compassion and goodness of Jesus and receive Him as my Lord and Savior. I want to be assured of the forgiveness of my sins and an eternal life with You in heaven. Whether I have five days or five decades left to my life, every day...I want to praise You and extol Your name forever and ever. In Jesus' Name, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Words For Every Day   Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:57 pm

Amen! You've hit the nail on the head once again Mr.Bob!

Words For Every Day

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-