The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

» How to Post Pictures
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am by Bloodhound1958

» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Christine Promo Movie Car Invites its Members to Its New HOME!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
blanketman
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Christine Promo Movie Car Invites its Members to Its New HOME!!!   Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:19 pm

First off , my name is Bob Bartosiewicz and one of your members John,who bought a wicked cool 69 ram iv gto from me 2 years ago, text me about this site. Thanks john!... I specifically went to Barrett on tuesday for the purposes of buying this car.Knowing the car sold for 170,000 eleven years earlier, i was anticipating a 275k all in price;250 +the 10 percent commission.Many people didnt realize that tuesday was horrible weather wise in Az, so i was hopeful that may have discourage some rich car enthusiasts in going . After the 1990s version Beverly hillbilly truck sold for 275k , i upped my pledge to 305k before commissions. I figured, there was no way Christine with all its movie documentation was not going to be in the 300s ....easy!One guy next to me said im out!!!!I couldnt believe my eyes; why he left i found out later!If you watched the bidding it went to 170,000 in almost 30 seconds. At this point, i had yet to bid . i couldnt believe my ears, it staaaaaallleeed!!! for like 45 seconds to a minute.So i thought i bid 175,000.;however,the lady that was the tv person said someone just bid 175k. So after taking a drink of vodka , i went 180k,prepared  to fight to at least 300k, but willing to go that extra 5k.Then 15 seconds later the hammer dropped.ASTONISHED!!!... The guy, who left, comes to me 2 hours later blown away. i asked him why he left;he over heard me telling my friend my number; he was afraid it would have a been a bidding war.....over the next three days when i was at my car, i was offered on 4 separate occasions  more than 225k ; the highest being 253k .The collector figured i would fold for a pair of large nickles in my pocket.Everyone of those offers came from people that arrived on friday . WHY this car wasnt at Pratts  Saturday Selection is beyond me..Keith Merchants Magazine editor came over and asked me questions...also stating how  great of a buy this was..... BTW you are all welcome to come see the car when it arrives ,sometime this coming week.....or anytime rochesterautomuseum.com    bob
Back to top Go down
57belv
Administrator
Administrator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

230 CI 6 Cylinder

PostSubject: Re: Christine Promo Movie Car Invites its Members to Its New HOME!!!   Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:36 pm

Welcome Bob, Congrats on winning Christine! I look forward to seeing more of her!

Chris.

Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Christine Promo Movie Car Invites its Members to Its New HOME!!!   Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:57 am

Welcome to the club Bob. we have quite a few members in the north east whom i am certain would love to be able to view your car. Thank you for the invite Very Happy

CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Christine Promo Movie Car Invites its Members to Its New HOME!!!   Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:47 pm

TThans.anytime!!!
Back to top Go down
DevilsRide
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

V8 Poly 318

PostSubject: Re: Christine Promo Movie Car Invites its Members to Its New HOME!!!   Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:03 pm

Bob Its very nice to have you here. And very excited that you were the one that got the car. You not only have the promo car but also a piece of the Christine history. Congrats Bob! You have to feel excited and proud of it! Smile

Brian.
Back to top Go down
ozoner
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Christine Promo Movie Car Invites its Members to Its New HOME!!!   Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:55 pm

Congrats Bob,

I own and operate two Drive in theaters a few hours down the road from you. El Rancho in Palatine Bridge,NY and Ozoner 29 twin in Broadalbin,NY. I'll have to come check your cars out. I collect and display my movie car clones at the theatres and plan on retro nights with their movies as well. I'm thinking of expanding my pole barn and my collection to include a Drive in movie car museum at The Ozoner 29 twin location.

You've got a real beauty with that Christine.

Enjoy,

Bill
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

PostSubject: Re: Christine Promo Movie Car Invites its Members to Its New HOME!!!   Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:40 pm

Hello Bob...So glad to have you here with us at the CCC. I'm a Rochester native and look forward to meeting you some day soon. We have a mutual friend in John Fox. He has told me a lot about you and your cars. I'm the guy with the 58 Desoto that he may have told you about. I look forward to meeting you soon and seeing Christine too. Thanks for doing "cars and coffee" last year. I hope you will do this again in 2015. Congratulations on getting Christine in your collection!

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
goat19642004
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

493 C.I.

PostSubject: Re: Christine Promo Movie Car Invites its Members to Its New HOME!!!   Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:14 pm

Can't wait to see her Bob!
John Ferber

1970 GTO Judge
2015 Challenger HELLCAT
2004 SRT 10 Viper
Back to top Go down
Serge
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Christine Promo Movie Car Invites its Members to Its New HOME!!!   Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:22 pm

Welcome, Bob; we're honored. I'm back East and Rochester would be a real haul but a Christine pilgrimage is not out of the question.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/OldWorldBasic/index.html
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Christine Promo Movie Car Invites its Members to Its New HOME!!!   Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:38 am

Congratulations Bob! You've got an icon there! Lady luck was on your side by the sound of it. You must be a real die hard fan to have turned down the opportunity to almost double your investment. Let us know when she arrives and is set up! We'll make a visit to your museum a club event!

Kind Regards,
Wayne

Back to top Go down
http://www.christinecarclubforum.com

Christine Promo Movie Car Invites its Members to Its New HOME!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: General Discussion/World News & Off Topic Section-