The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

A New Creation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: A New Creation   Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:58 am

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 CORINTHIANS 5:17

I saw an "investigation show" on TV the other night about a man who will probably never get out of prison. He was convicted of murdering his wife, despite DNA evidence that many believe points to his innocence. Sadly, he's lost all his legal appeals so far. Yet in the interviews, he is one of the most joyful men I've ever seen. Quite amazing, but after he explained that he received Jesus Christ as His Savior and that he was a new creation in Christ...it all made good sense.  

This made me think. What does a man serving a life sentence in prison have to look forward to? It all depends on "what life" he's focused on. If his heart has been transformed by the Spirit of God, he has the same hope as every other believer! The apostle John gives us a glimpse of that hope in the book of Revelation 21:1-5. Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.

The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ was the beginning of a new creation. We become partakers of that new creation in the second birth, when the Spirit of God graciously opens our hearts to believe the Gospel and we begin walking in the newness of life that comes down to us only from above. Nothing else in this world could give such hope even when all around us is despair.

Insight: Have you ever given the Gospel truth any thought? Have you heard about God's gift of salvation through Jesus Christ but have not yet received it? Just remember, you can come to Jesus anytime. He will hear your prayer if it is genuine. If you are already in Christ, you are a new creation. You can already enjoy the firstfruits of the heavenly life to come.

Dear Lord, I know I'm a sinner and realize my need to be a new creation. I want to receive Christ as my personal savior. And as Your child, I want to be a new creation in Christ and experience true joy no matter what my circumstances are. In Jesus' Name I pray Amen.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

A New Creation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-