The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» hard to find
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:59 am by Jurrasic car

» BRAKE LAMP SWITCH LOCATION?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm by GOREDFURY

»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Free Indeed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Free Indeed   Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:04 am

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. JOHN 8:36

Many people are in prison and don't even know it - self-made prisons of drug abuse, sexual sin, greed, hypocrisy, lying, coveting, unbelief. The list goes on and on. When you think about it, unbelief is behind all kinds of sin which traps people into self-made prisons. They think they're free when actually they're ensnared by the devil. Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will. 2 Timothy 2:25-26. That was me! The devil ensnared me with alcohol abuse...for over 20 years before the Lord opened my eyes to the truth and set me free in Christ.

People were no different during Jesus' earthly ministry. The Jewish people had been suffering under Roman occupation for almost a century. Before that, they'd been dominated by Greece, Persia, Babylon, and Assyria - not to mention Egypt! Yet, when Jesus pressed them to embrace the spiritual freedom in Himself, They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?” John 8:33

Religious pride is perhaps the most subtle prison of all. We think we're spiritually free while remaining what we all are by nature - slaves of sin. Only Jesus Christ can set sinners free to become willing prisoners of righteousness. But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance. You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. I am using an example from everyday life because of your human limitations. Just as you used to offer yourselves as slaves to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer yourselves as slaves to righteousness leading to holiness. When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness. What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death! But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. Romans 6:17-22

Insight: Truth comes from God's Word. To abide in the truth is to know Christ. To know Christ is to be free indeed.

Prayer: Dear Lord, Help me to steer away from unclean thoughts and deeds. I want to please You in all I do, therefore, avoiding a self-made prison of any kind for myself. Help me to be free indeed in Christ's name, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

Free Indeed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-