The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

» How to Post Pictures
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:21 am by Bloodhound1958

» He Changes Everything
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm by furvedere

» Harry Dean Stanton RIP
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:10 pm by JAG

» Hope Amidst Illness
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:40 pm by Bloodhound1958

» INTERESTING YOUTUBE VIDEO
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:05 am by JAG

» New 4 wheel toy!
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:16 pm by JAG

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Short Of The Glory

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Short Of The Glory   Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:36 am

This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference. For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:22-23

Pastor and author John Piper defines the glory of God as “the beauty of His manifold perfections.” “Manifold” means various, diverse, many, or assorted. God’s glory is difficult to define, but glimpses can be seen. Consider the beauty of a fall forest, the splendor of valleys and mountains, the allure of wide open beaches and deserts, the magnificence of the sky and the heavenly bodies. They all display the awe of His manifold perfections.

God’s many perfections include His perfect holiness, perfect love, perfect justice, perfect compassion and perfect plan for our lives. When we sin, we fall short of these many perfections. Our sin is like a misplaced drop of paint right in the middle of a grand painting. How can we ever correct it? We can’t. That is the point. We have fallen short of the beauty of God’s many perfections.

Insight: There is good news though. Perfection comes to us in Christ, our true hope in this wretched - yet beautiful - world of sin. This perfection doesn't just automatically fall on us though. We have to make a conscious decision to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. We need to believe He died on the cross to pay for our sins. We have to admit to Him we have sinned and fall short of God's glory and ask Him to come in our hearts and forgive us our sins, turn away from them and follow Him.

Prayer: Dear Lord, Help me to realize there is nothing I can do on my own to get to heaven. My religion or my church attendance will not get me there. The fact that I am a relatively good person will not gain me entrance into your kingdom. Impress on my heart that the Lord Jesus did all the work at the cross at Calvary. Help me to believe on Him and His finished work as the payment for my sins. I ask You now to forgive me of my sins and come into my heart Lord Jesus and save me. I want to follow You now...not my own sinful desires. In Jesus' Name Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Short Of The Glory   Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:39 am

Thank You for this reminder Bob.

I've often pondered the magnitude of Christ's sacrifice. Is there any sin that his sacrifice cannot atone for when we truly seek forgiveness and believe? Take Hitler for example... responsible for the death of millions of innocent people. Could he, in theory be forgiven if he had repented? I believe the answer is YES.

http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Re: Short Of The Glory   Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:19 pm

Bloodhound1958 wrote:
Thank You for this reminder Bob.

I've often pondered the magnitude of Christ's sacrifice. Is there any sin that his sacrifice cannot atone for when we truly seek forgiveness and believe? Take Hitler for example... responsible for the death of millions of innocent people. Could he, in theory be forgiven if he had repented? I believe the answer is YES.

You're welcome Wayne. The only unforgivable sin is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. In simple terms, this is one's failure to receive...or the flat out rejection of Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. The need for a Savior is realized when one is convicted of their own sin and repents.

Great point you have made to drive home the magnitude of Christ's death on the cross and resurrection.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

Short Of The Glory

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-