The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Change is Essential

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Change is Essential   Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:56 am

God, who is enthroned forever, will hear them and afflict them - men who never change their ways and have no fear of God.  PSALM 55:19

When my wife and I were first married, we clashed over minor issues. She had one way of doing the laundry, and I had another. She had learned to make the bed differently than I had. I loaded the dishwasher in a manner that drove her crazy. Our stubbornness was quite ridiculous in the scheme of things. Change was an essential part of demonstrating our love for one another. Now that we've matured in our relationship, we see that we both had to adjust in order to lovingly accommodate the other.

In our relationship with Jesus, our failure to change to be obedient to His commands makes us quite unloving. In fact, stubbornness and selfishness are like spitting in God's face and saying we have no need of Him. How does He respond to our failure to change? While never letting go of us, He may withhold blessings from us. We can pay lip service all we want, saying we love Him, but in following through and changing our ways, our relationship blossoms. We may feel it is not in our power to change. Don't worry: it is in Jesus Christ that we have the strength to do so. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

INSIGHT: Do you love the Lord with your actions? How is failure to change the same as selfishness? What's the connection between love and change?

Dear Lord, In the coming hours and days, please bring these thought provoking questions to my mind and heart. How do my actions reflect my love for You? When I am unwilling to change for the good, convict me Father. I want to love you through the letting go of my old selfish ways. In Jesus' Name, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
Serge
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Change is Essential   Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:51 pm

The Summary of the Law as the old Episcopal Prayer Book I was raised on puts it:

Quote :
Hear what our Lord Jesus Christ saith.

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it; Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.

Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/OldWorldBasic/index.html

Change is Essential

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-