The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» hard to find
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:59 am by Jurrasic car

» BRAKE LAMP SWITCH LOCATION?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm by GOREDFURY

»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

How God Speaks To Us (part 1)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: How God Speaks To Us (part 1)   Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:17 am

Last week when I sat down to read God's Word, I decided to jot down any verse(s) that seemed "to pop off the pages"...anything that spoke to my heart. The first one (of three) was from Deuteronomy 2:7

“For the Lord your God has blessed you in all the work of your hand. He knows your trudging through this great wilderness. These forty years the Lord your God has been with you; you have lacked nothing.”

This scripture verse was from when Moses was old and gray. From Egypt they came out of slavery but they had been wandering in the desert for forty years at this point. Their walk should have been about 8 days if they had listened to everything God had told them...but they didn't! God fed them manna from heaven each and every day. He gave them meat (quail) when they cried for something different. He gave them precious water every place they went. Still they did not listen to God's directions...even though they experienced His wondrous miracles. Did He still love them and provide for them...yes!

As this verse "spoke to me" I applied it to my life. Sure...there have been many times when I felt I was wandering too. Only because of His great grace, I too have been blessed to walk with God for over 18 years now. Have I arrived to what/where He wants me to be? Hmmm...no. God blessed my life of chaotic turmoil when He impressed it upon me to ask Christ to save me...and to come into my heart on Dec 30, 1996. Since then, have I done everything He has wanted me to do? Hmmm...no. I'm just like these wandering children of Israel. Sadly, I do not listen to everything He tells me because I'm too busy getting distracted with many things I (still) like to do. Even though I have experienced many of His miracles in my life. The first one being when He stepped into my selfish little world and saved me on Dec 30, 1996.

Insight: I need to be more in tune with God and to be less in tune with the distractions of this world that still grab me...and take me from my relationship with Him. He still provides for me and blesses the work of my hands even though I selfishly get off track and ignore Him. He truly is my heavenly Father that loves me and cares for me...and blesses the work of my hands.

Dear Lord, Thank you for coming into my heart and never giving up on me. You not only haven't given up on me but you bless me more than I'll ever know. Thank you in Jesus' precious Name, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

How God Speaks To Us (part 1)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-