The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» This Will Take Place
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:10 pm by furvedere

» Rear seat Frame
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:09 pm by GG54321

» Frame metal thickness?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:10 pm by eva_392

» chrome! where to go?
Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:53 pm by JAG

» Got Peace?
Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:23 pm by goat19642004

» Daily Dose
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:26 pm by 57belv

» Attention Newcomers To The CCC!
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:22 pm by 57belv

» Running dual exhausts without a crossover.
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:50 pm by eva_392

» Wurlitzer Jukebox Model 2510 Project. Any ideas?
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:42 am by Bloodhound1958

» Aluminium Trim - Reanodise or Paint
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 pm by Red Devil

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

How God Speaks To Us (Part 3)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: How God Speaks To Us (Part 3)   Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:58 pm

Continuing on from the previous two devotions, this is the third of three scripture verses from God's Word that seemed "to pop off the pages" that spoke to my heart. Luke 5:6-8

When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break. So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come and help them, and they came and filled both boats so full that they began to sink. When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus’ knees and said, “Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!”

After the disciples had been fishing all night and caught nothing, Jesus told them to put their nets out into deep water. When Simon Peter saw how Jesus knew exactly where the fish were, all of a sudden he realized His sinfulness in the presence of the living God. When I read this, my eyes teared up, my throat ached and my heart broke because I also realized (again) what a sinful man I am. Can you imagine standing in front of a Holy God and all of a sudden you realize how unworthy you are to do so?..realizing your inadequacies, your selfishness, your stubbornness, your unwillingness to serve your Creator? Simon Peter told Jesus to go away from him because He felt so ashamed of his sin.

Are we ashamed of our sin? Do we even realize that we sin...every day as a matter of fact and in fact, we are all sinners. for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23. You see...this is the first step in realizing our need to be saved by Christ's finished work on the cross.

This brings us to our 3 part devotion series. Part 3: Simon Peter tells Jesus to depart from him because he's a sinful man. Part 2: "Jesus Blesses the Little Children"...and tells the apostles that we all must come to Him as little children do. Part 1: "God is with Us even through the Wilderness." After we come to Christ there will be times when we feel quite alone but if we are in Christ...if we are truly saved, Jesus is with us always...through the good times and through the bad times.

Insight:  These three verses outline the Christian life right from the very start. Realizing our sin, (as Simon Peter did) Humbly coming to Christ (as a little child) to save us and forgive us of our sins and Walking with Christ, realizing He's always with us, providing for us, even through the wilderness (even if we don't feel His presence)

Prayer: Thank you God for speaking to me. I pray these scriptures would continue to touch my heart and other's hearts as well. I pray that it would alert others to the fact that our sin must be personally realized. I pray that it would urge others to make a decision for Christ to save them and this must be made to enter Your kingdom...and once this decision is made that You will always be with us no matter what...to guide us, mold us to walk with You and do Your will. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

How God Speaks To Us (Part 3)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-