The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Yesterday at 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Hosanna! Hosanna!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Hosanna! Hosanna!   Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:07 pm

The crowds that went ahead of Him and those that followed shouted, Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!" Matthew 21:9

On that very first Palm Sunday as Jesus entered Jerusalem many in the crowd who shouted “Hosanna!” (meaning “save us”) thought that Jesus was a "political messiah" coming to restore the kingdom to Israel. “Restore us, O God; make your face shine upon us, that we may be saved.” Psalm 80: 3, 7, 19. Salvation and restoration go together. The Jews suffered indescribable oppression under Roman rule and the people of Israel were crying for change. Even the apostles echoed these thoughts prior to Jesus' Ascension to heaven. Then they gathered around Him and asked Him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?” Acts 1:6.

However, the salvation promised through Jesus Christ was a spiritual matter. God's plan before the foundations of this world was to come down to earth to save us from our sins in the form of His Son, Jesus. He was the spotless Lamb of God that was to pay the price for our sins on the cross at Calvary. Even before the birth of Jesus, the angel explained to Joseph, “...you are to give Him the name Jesus, because He will save his people from their sins” (Matthew 1:21b).

We also read in Revelation 7: 9-10 of a heavenly consummation of Jesus’ earthly Triumphal Entry. After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice: “Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.”

Just as the Jews of Jesus' day, we too focus on the here and now. We look for good times right now or very soon. And our death always seems afar off. We tend to put off what's really important until later and sometimes it winds up being too late. How often we read of untimely deaths all over the world. It could also happen to us.

Insight: We too may be looking for a "political messiah" for our day. Are the problems of this life overwhelming you? Are you looking forward to positive change for your community or our country? Are you hoping for a brighter future for your children? The answer is Jesus...He has paid the price for the brightest future you could ever imagine! To join the heavenly procession proclaiming the salvation of Jesus, The Lamb of God, you must cry out "Hosanna" here on earth and receive salvation from your sins.

Dear Lord, Help me to proclaim Hosanna here on earth so I too can join the heavenly procession in heaven some day. Help me to realize the brightest tomorrow begins with the choice I make with Jesus today. In Jesus' Name Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
Joe Sportone
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Hosanna! Hosanna!   Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:39 pm

I think people are as desperate for a savior today as they were back then. Politicians always let us down no matter how good they seem at times. Man will always let us down. We need Christ.

Good words, Mr. Bob. This is a special day and a special week.

Hosanna! Hosanna!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-