The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» Removing the radiator support.
Yesterday at 1:38 am by 57belv

» Life Now and Forever
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:20 pm by Bloodhound1958

» Alive With Christ
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:14 pm by furvedere

» Looking for christine novel
Mon May 29, 2017 11:52 pm by ArnieCunningham

» Is it safe?
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 am by Bluebird57

» A Memorial Day Perspective
Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 am by furvedere

» Turning radius
Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 am by eva_392

» Please Consider Helping The CCC Stay Online!
Mon May 15, 2017 2:06 pm by Bloodhound1958

» The Real Face Of Jesus
Sun May 14, 2017 6:57 pm by Serge

» Slow to start
Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm by Serge

A+TOP RATED 1957-58 Plymouth Parts Source!
John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Blessed by Forgiveness

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Blessed by Forgiveness   Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:24 pm

Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.  1 John 2:1-2

Several days ago on my way home, I was stopped in traffic for several stiff-necked Canadian geese invincibly marching across the highway in front of me. I was amazed at their arrogance and vulnerability. Suddenly, I realized that I must appear like these geese to God when I stray from Him...and strut my impure life before Him.

Have you ever noticed how circumstances can change and our weaknesses can be exposed; and then we become painfully aware of our helplessness? If our happiness and contentment, our feeling blessed, is only dependent on great living conditions, we really are vulnerable people. Fortunately, God, the Righteous One, is willing to forgive us for our sin and arrogance. Unfortunately, many of us fail to realize this and go through life making the same mistakes over and over never truely learning from them.

Personally, I thank God for the exposed weakness and painful helplessness I've experienced in my life. One time in particular, over 18 years ago now...woke me up to the new birth; God's amazing forgiveness found only through Christ's atoning sacrifice on the cross at Calvary. When I was alerted to His forgiveness, I became a new creation. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17  

While preaching to a crowd in Antioch, Paul announced: Therefore, my brothers, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Through Him, everyone who believes is justified from everything... Acts 13:38-39a. To realize that forgiveness “from everything”...is without a doubt, the best gift anyone could ever receive because Jesus died for my sin and I became a free and grateful person!

Insight: If pride is keeping us from admitting our sin, God may allow circumstances to alter our view of ourselves. Come to Christ...and make it a good practice to review your day before going to bed at night...and then ask God for His forgiveness from where "you have fallen short." Always giving it to Him and asking for forgiveness in Jesus Name...

Dear Lord...Rather than waiting for You to change my circumstances in life to force humility out of me...please help me to willingly give it up to you right now and every day. I want to know Your forgiveness found only through Jesus, my Savior in a much more intimate way...and it's in His Name I pray right now, Amen

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down

Blessed by Forgiveness

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ-