The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» hard to find
Yesterday at 9:59 am by Jurrasic car

» BRAKE LAMP SWITCH LOCATION?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm by GOREDFURY

»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Bible Study

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Bible Study    Sat May 09, 2015 12:03 pm

New Bible Study Series beginning in the Gospel of John.

We'll begin by looking at the first five verses of Chapter 1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  2 He was in the beginning with God.  3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.  4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.  5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

The apostle John writes about the Word. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God...All things were made through Him...Quite incredible statements here!

In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness. The darkness does not understand it.

John refers to the Word as "Him."

Who is the Word?

Who is the life?

Who is the light?

Do you know why?

Although it says "the life is the light of men", why is there still so much darkness in man?

Why doesn't darkness "get it" (comprehend it)?

All responses welcomed...when I feel we've discussed these 5 verses enough, we'll move on.

Prayer, Dear Father in heaven, I pray this Bible study is most pleasing to You. I pray that fellow Christians readers will be encouraged and will grow closer to You. I also pray that those readers that do not know You, will be saved and will come to know You in a meaningful way. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
Joe Sportone
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Sat May 09, 2015 10:36 pm

Ok, I'll take the first one- 1. The word was Jesus, the Messiah. Genesis backs this up too. Have you guys ever considered John 1:1 ("...in the beginning was the word and the word was with God...") against Genesis 1:25-26 " Then God said, Let US make man in our image....” Who do you think is "Us"? Jesus. He was there in the beginning. The Word.

CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Sun May 10, 2015 12:11 am

Excellent Joe...Yes, Jesus is the Word. This is the best explanation I've heard for why Jesus is called "The Word." It's exactly what Jesus did - He revealed the Word of God to the world. Jesus, God in human form was the personification of the written and spoken Word. In the Old Testament God revealed His word through the prophets while in the New Testament the word of God was revealed in a Person - God the Son.

This is an excellent scripture reference you found Joe. Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; Genesis 1:26 Yes, notice how "Us" is used and "Our" twice. Jesus is there in the Creation no doubt about it...just as John 1:1-3 states. But so is the Father and the Spirit too! Check out Genesis 1:1-2 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. So...God is there, Jesus is there and the holy Spirit too! Three in One...One in Three. This is the first mention of the holy Trinity.

Now lets see who wants to chime in here and tell us Who is the life and Who is the light. Using scripture to interpret scripture is the way to go...just as Joe did!

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

1st LIEUTENANT OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Sun May 10, 2015 3:26 am

i will be closely following this section, i do admit i am a rusty with the scriptures but i am intrigued by this to start reading my bible much more. thank you Joe and Bob

Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Sun May 10, 2015 7:14 am

I would have to say Jesus is the light and the life. When I think of the "Light" in a biblical sense my interpretation is that the light is what we should follow so that we can be lead out of the darkness. As for "life", this is what I see as eternal life in heaven. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the life. None may come unto the father except through me." Therefore Jesus is the way to eternal life. Accepting him as our savior, recognizing and repenting through his sacrifice on the cross and pledging ourselves to him in that way will make us worthy of it . Smile

http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Sun May 10, 2015 9:35 am

Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” John 8:12

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Excellent Wayne...You are right! You mentioned John 14:6 in reference to Jesus being the life...and the other scripture I had in mind for Jesus being the light was John 8:12

Anyone desiring to add to this or the next subject..."darkness" have at it! Actually John 8:12 already gets us into that  Very Happy

Bob

Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Tue May 12, 2015 11:40 am

Ok...I'll try to describe this darkness that Jesus is talking about. Darkness is the absence of light. Jesus is "the Light" for men...all men which includes anyone and everyone (male and female) that has ever lived. The big problem is that we want to do what's right in our own eyes.   Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil. (Proverbs 3:7) God gave each one of us our own free will. He also gave His one and only Son, Jesus to be the payment for our sins. Jesus is the only way to God. (see John 14:6) Most people think if they lead a relatively good life that's all they need to do to go to heaven. Many churches are deceived into believing that too! Again, they want to do what's right in their own eyes and are filled with pride. They believe their own way over God's way. While the darkness can be driven out in anyone, only the people that truly receive Christ in humility can be born again and "see the light." So the gift is there for everyone but there will be a relatively small percentage of the creation that actually finds it. “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it. (Matthew 7:14) That's why it's so important to be in God's Word so you can read it and understand it for yourself. Unfortunately, the majority of the people never pick up a Bible to read it...How will they ever find out the truth? How will they ever find "the Light" only found in Jesus Christ?

I found this explanation of the narrow gate on the internet and it sums up perfectly what I want to say.

First, we need to understand that Jesus is the Door (gate) through which all must enter eternal life. There is no other way because He alone is “the way, the truth and the life” (John 14:6). The way to eternal life is restricted to just one avenue—Christ. In this sense, the way is narrow because it is the only way, and relatively few people will go through the narrow gate. Many more will attempt to find an alternative route to God. They will try to get there through manmade rules and regulations, through false religion, or through self-effort. These who are “many” will follow the broad road that leads to eternal destruction, while the sheep hear the voice of the Good Shepherd and follow Him along the narrow way to eternal life (John 10:7-11).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/narrow-gate.html#ixzz3Zw1mCQc7

Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Wed May 13, 2015 1:23 am

Well said Bob. I couldn't agree more

CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Wed May 13, 2015 10:48 am

JAG wrote:
Well said Bob. I couldn't agree more

Thank you Joe...God bless you brother. You are a great encourager...In my devotions this morning I was reading this portion of scripture in John (which we will soon be getting into) and Jesus Himself, totally answers our question about why there is still so much darkness in man and...why the darkness did not (and still does not) comprehend the light.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.” John 3:16-21

Gives new meaning to the song "blinded by the light" huh? Remember that oldie? Smile

Dear Lord, Let us not be blinded by "the Light" (Jesus)...but rather be attracted to the Light!

Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Fri May 15, 2015 10:36 am

We'll continue on now... to John 1:6-8

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.  7 This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe.  8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.  9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.

Who was John?

Is this the same John who wrote this book?

What does it mean to bear witness?

Review question: Who is the Light? (verses 7 & 8 ) the true Light? (vs. 9) notice the L is capitalized in both...hint hint.

Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Sat May 16, 2015 12:44 am

Jesus is the light. Only through Jesus can you see through the darkness

CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Sat May 16, 2015 9:30 am

JAG wrote:
Jesus is the light. Only through Jesus can you see through the darkness

Thanks Joe...you are right! Jesus Christ is the Light of life. If you have Jesus in your heart and the assurance of His forgiveness of your sins, you are a rich man. There's no earthly possessions that can even come close to what you have.

Now how about John...Who is this John in verses 6-8?

Is it the same John who wrote this gospel?

And to bear witness...what does this mean?

No problem if you don't know...(google is powerful tool)

Bob

Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Sun May 17, 2015 2:04 am

correct me if im wrong but are we talking about John the Baptist? Google says there is no way of know who wrote the gospel of John, it is the only gospel written as an eye witness account. to bear witness is to be evidence or proof.

So what i gain from the reading is that God sent John to earth to show all of us proof that God was real and that Jesus Christ was the son of God, and that through Jesus (light) you can achieve everlasting life in heaven

CCC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Sun May 17, 2015 7:45 pm

I agree with Joe. that John was John the Baptist.

CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Mon May 18, 2015 5:45 pm

Joe Jag is absolutely right in all he said. Good job Joe. Joe Sportone has wisely agreed Smile. John the Baptist is also called the fore runner to Jesus Christ. He baptized people and told them to repent because the kingdom of God was at hand...meaning the Messiah was coming. He bore witness that Jesus Christ was the Messiah, the Savior of all mankind. The author of the book of John is generally agreed upon as the apostle John.

Also...I mentioned google is a good way to search out answers. I should have mentioned that it generally is...but one needs to filter out all the "garbage" answers as well.

Thanks for your input guys...I'll move on soon.

Bob

Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Thu May 21, 2015 11:09 am

John 1: 10-13

10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:  13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

The apostle John continues to tell us about Jesus, the Messiah.  In verse 10, he starts out by saying, "He was in the world,"... another name for Jesus, which you may have heard before is "Immanuel" (which means God with us). Matthew 1:23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.” Remember this when you start hearing Christmas carols again.  Smile continuing on in verse 10..."and the world was made (created) through Him." He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. John 1:2-3...and the world did not know Him. People (for the most part) did not recognize Him as God. Verse 11, He came to His own and His own did not receive Him. God's chosen race, the Jews (His own) did not receive Him...in fact they continually tried to kill Him and said He was a blasphemer because of His claim that He was the Son of God. They shouted before Pilate "crucify Him" (completely falling right in line with God's prophetic salvation plan). Yes, it was God's plan to offer Himself up as a sacrifice for (all of) our sins. Do you think He loves us? Verse 12...starts out with "But"....this is where we come in as believers in...and followers of Jesus Christ. As believers, God has given us the right to become children of God. Verse 13...not born of blood or flesh or the will of man (natural birth), but of God!

Born of God...Let's take a few minutes to really think about this. We are all born of blood and flesh...but we must be born of God...to become children of God. This must happen during our lifetime or what happens when we die?

What do we have to do...to be born of God?

Back to top Go down
Mischa1958
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Wed May 27, 2015 2:24 pm

furvedere wrote:
Be born out of spirit and water. John 3:5 That means, I guess, to repent and be baptised and let God have our spirit renewed.
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Thu May 28, 2015 11:07 am

Mischa1958 wrote:
furvedere wrote:
Be born out of spirit and water. John 3:5 That means, I guess, to repent and be baptised and let God have our spirit renewed.

Very good Mischa...thank you for your post.

We were born "of water" when we came out of our mother's womb. That is the first birth. Now as adults, we must experience the second birth to enter into God's kingdom. We must be born of God's Spirit. This is accomplished by believing that Jesus Christ died for our sins. This includes asking God to forgive us of our sins and believing by faith that Christ paid for those sins when He was crucified on the cross at Calvary...died and was buried and rose again three days later. A foreshadowing of what was to come when our old life dies and our new life in Christ begins. To get baptized after this second birth is key to growing in Christ and it is also a public profession of faith that pleases God.

Sprinkling was never done back in biblical times and never done after the first birth (of water). "Of water" does not refer to water baptism. Did you ever wonder what's the sense of a baby getting baptized? Does the baby know what they're doing? Yet churches everywhere do this to this very day.

Full immersion baptism after the  second birth lets everyone know that you believe what God has told us...and it is a symbolic gesture that you are now identified with Christ and that you are now born of God, born from above, born of God's Spirit...Yes, our Spirit must be renewed and it is only in Christ and through Christ that this happens. Baptism although beneficial, is not what does the saving (from our sins) it is merely a healthy outward profession of our faith. Christ does the saving :-)

Please comment... excellent discussion...anyone else?

Anyone care to comment on what happens if someone dies without this second birth?

Bob

Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Thu May 28, 2015 12:08 pm

slightly off topic but can be discuss the last rights and the anointment of the oils?

CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Thu May 28, 2015 10:59 pm

Sure Joe...As you probably already know, the last rights is a Catholic ritual whereby a priest administers holy communion, recites prayers and Bible quotes, creeds to a critically sick and/or dying person. I've never witnessed it first hand, only have seen this in movies but I did found this link which I think best describes it.

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Catholic/2005/04/What-Are-The-Last-Rites.aspx#

Joe, honestly...any true believer in Jesus Christ could give the most precious gift to a person that is ready to enter the next life. Leading them to the knowledge and saving grace that Jesus Christ died for their sins is the most important thing to do before someone dies. It's as easy as ABC to remember....Admit, Believe, Confess.

Admit your sins to God...

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins.

Confess your sins to God.

Heaven's door is open to all who can humbly come to God in this way. This is His salvation plan. What terrible thing to die without receiving God's gift of salvation found only through His Son Jesus. Yet Jesus said narrow is the way that leads to life and wide is the road that leads to destruction. Many things get in the way of God's truth and Satan is behind all of them. I believe pride is the worst as it blinds a person from the truth and lets them believe they can do it their own way.

Annointing of oil is actually found in the Bible and many churches still practice this...as it should be. Oil is the symbol for the Holy Spirit and when received by faith through prayer, by a priest, pastor, minister or true believer, miraculous healings still occur to this day. Here's the verse from the Bible that I know of without digging deep.

James 5:14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord.

I hope this helps Joe...

Bob

Back to top Go down
JAG
Administrator
Administrator

506/ 505hp Viper V10

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Fri May 29, 2015 12:31 am

thank you Bob yes this helped, i could have used google but i wanted to ask here so others can also see it. i am following this section very closely thank you for starting it

CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Fri May 29, 2015 3:16 pm

JAG wrote:
thank you Bob yes this helped, i could have used google but i wanted to ask here so others can also see it. i am following this section very closely thank you for starting it

You're welcome Joe. Wayne asked me to do the Bible Study. So thank him too when you get the opportunity. i'm so glad you're into it. I thank you for thinking of others as well by asking great questions for all to read. Google is really good but as I mentioned before, if it's not backed up with Biblical truth you do have to be careful/weed out the lies. Thanks again!

Bob

Also...I'll move on with the Bible study here in a few days if someone doesn't have anything else to add...or ask. Thanks to everyone for reading and commenting.

Back to top Go down
Mischa1958
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Sun May 31, 2015 11:16 am

Well, I have. Nobody answered your question yet;

furvedere wrote:

Anyone care to comment on what happens if someone dies without this second birth?

Bob

I believe someone who hasn't had this second birth will be resurected at the second ressurection for judgement.

Bob, are you in for some serious discussion? I have some subjects I did some Biblical recearch on and what happens after death is one of those subjects. Many people believe they go directly to heaven, but I think the Bible doesn't teach that. John 6:54 is one of many examples for that vision.

Greets, Mischa
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Sun May 31, 2015 3:41 pm

Thank you Mischa, I do believe you are right! In fact, I did some digging and I see exactly what you're talking about. It's quite involved though, so for now I think we should stay with a more basic answer: That whoever dies and has not experienced the second birth (has not been "born of God", or "born again") will be separated from God for eternity (in hell). Rather than get into the details of an unsaved person's judgment at the second resurrection, my heart's desire is to impress it upon the reader that they need to get saved and then...how to get saved.

There are many great misconceptions in this world, all orchestrated by the evil one (Satan). Here's a few that people say all the time. "It's all you need to do to go to heaven is to be a good person". In other words, your good must outweigh your bad. Don't listen to this nonsense! Here's another: "There's many ways to get to heaven". There is not! Why did Jesus have to die on the cross then? Do you see how these popular lies nullify Christ's death on the cross? How convenient! There is only one way...and Jesus is the way! God's plan is written in the Holy Bible. We must read it, but Satan does everything to keep us busy and distracted from even opening it. How can we know what God is saying to us and requires of us if we don't open it and read it for ourselves? Satan's lies are widespread and they're designed from the pit of hell to keep people from finding out God's truth...found only in Jesus Christ.  

My motive here is to raise an awareness that everyone needs to get saved by the Lord Jesus Christ. You've actually given me a nice opportunity to type up God's awesome salvation plan. I haven't done this in a while. In order to go to heaven, before we take our last breath here on earth we must:

#1. realize our depravity and see ourselves for what we really are. We all are sinners. for all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
#2. realize that God has given us a precious gift to deliver us from death which is the result of our sins. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23
#3. realize that God loves us so much that He came down to earth in the form of the Lord Jesus Christ and died to save us from our sins. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. Romans 5:8-9
#4 realize that we must make a conscious decision to receive Jesus Christ as our Savior. (we must be born again - John 3:3) For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13
This can be done anywhere in the quiet of your heart or in audible prayer to the Lord. But it must be done in sincerity. A profound character change will follow as you will now be a child of God.  

Mischa, So I don't dismiss the subject you brought up, here are scriptures Paul wrote to the church in Corinth: 2 Corinthians 5:1-11

Assurance of the Resurrection
1 For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.  2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven,  3 if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked.  4 For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life.  5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee. 6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord.  7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.  8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

The Judgment Seat of Christ 9 Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him.  10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.  11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.

Back to top Go down
Joe Sportone
CCC Moderator
CCC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:33 pm

To answer the question about what happens if one does not experience the second birth? Jesus gave us the answer. In John 3:3 He said, "3. Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."

I believe this means, sadly, that those who have not been born again will not go to heaven.

CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:00 pm

Joe Sportone wrote:
To answer the question about what happens if one does not experience the second birth? Jesus gave us the answer. In John 3:3 He said, "3. Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."

I believe this means, sadly, that those who have not been born again will not go to heaven

Yes Joe...that's exactly right. Even though I moved on to John 1:14-18, lets take some more time on this subject as it's quite important. Where one spends eternity is about as important as it gets!

It came out of the mouth of the God Man, Jesus Christ first. "You must be born again to enter the kingdom of heaven". John 3:3 In simple terms, you must be born from above...We must come to God on God's terms...not our own. From the beginning to the end of the Bible, God makes it clear to believe in and accept His Son for the forgiveness of our sins. Who are we to tell Him how we think we should make it to heaven? Does anyone care to find/post some scriptures to support God's salvation plan?

Thnx, Bob

Back to top Go down
Mischa1958
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:27 am

furvedere wrote:
Does anyone care to find/post some scriptures to support God's salvation plan?

Thnx, Bob
I think John 3:16 says it all; For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:13 pm

Thank you Mischa...I really appreciate your willingness to participate.  Very Happy John 3:16 is an excellent scripture that might look familiar to some folks.

Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,  2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. 3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,  4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,  5 and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve.

1 Corinthians 15:1-5  which the apostle Paul wrote, are excellent verses too, but for some reason they seldom get used for explaining God's salvation plan.

Bob

Back to top Go down
Mischa1958
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:03 pm

Let's ad Corintians 15:12-19 to that:

12 Now if Christ is proclaimed as raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14 And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain. 15 We are even found to be misrepresenting God, because we testified about God that he raised Christ, whom he did not raise if it is true that the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised. 17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If in Christ we have hope[b] in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied. (20 But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead)

Amen!
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:37 pm

Another excellent reference you have chosen Mischa...thank you. Here's another that I've found.

1 John 5:11-12 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. The one who has the Son has this eternal life; the one who does not have the Son of God does not have this eternal life.

And a link to a great site that thoroughly explains God's salvation plan.

https://bible.org/article/gods-plan-salvation

We will all be without excuse when we stand in front of God. There's so many opportunities to understand God's salvation plan too. Look at all the good opportunity to find information on the internet! The problem is...people have too much. They're so into their own lives and own things, they don't give God any thought. Very few are hungry to dig for His truth in Jesus Christ. Only when trouble comes (eg. bankruptcy, cancer, divorce) do they give the Spirit of God a chance to enter in to their hearts and lives. When I look back...to the times when I walked alone according to my own understanding...I think to myself how truly lost I was...and how many stupid decisions I made...so many unnecessary risks too...some to the point where I could have easily died and been in hell right now. I just thank God now...that He never gave up on me...He was always drawing me to Christ and finally He got a hold of me. And now, He never lets me go...He saved me in spite of myself! I give Him all the credit, glory and honor because He deserves it all! Praise be to you oh Lord!!

For any of you out there reading this...take it to heart. Eternity is forever and decisions cannot be made after we enter in to it...and the moment we die we are there. Can you think of a time or times...when God was drawing you to Himself? Remember the test...If the Spirit of Christ was not involved, it was not a "true time" of God drawing you!

Bob

Back to top Go down

Bible Study

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ :: CCC Bible Study-