The Christine Car Club

Not a member of the CCC? Come on in and register...membership is FREE!

Dedicated To The Restoration And Maintenance Of The 1957-1958 Plymouth

HomeCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Happy Anniversary CCC!
Latest topics
» hard to find
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:59 am by Jurrasic car

» BRAKE LAMP SWITCH LOCATION?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm by GOREDFURY

»  Electronic Distributor with 301ci
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm by Jurrasic car

» Installing rebuilt 318
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 pm by eva_392

» Our Loss Is Their Gain
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:20 pm by 57belv

» Christianity 101
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm by furvedere

» Photobucket House Cleaning
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm by Bloodhound1958

» 58 Front Liscense Plate brackets
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm by cooltoys1

» Front End Rebuild
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:54 pm by 58belvedere

» Well, I did it, I got a 58!!!!!
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 pm by Bloodhound1958

John Carpenter Shout Out!
Alexandra Paul Shout Out!
Christine Movie Soundtrack
Youtube Filmscore Mix
Share | 

Bible Study

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

1ST. GENERAL OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:39 pm

What an amazing sight it must have been for John the Baptist. It is a rare gift for those fortunate enough to actually SEE such things. I've often wondered why and got the gut feeling that it was because their faith was inconceivably strong.. or unwavering if you will. Pure of heart as well I would imagine. Still, the phrase "Blessed are those who have not seen and still believe" gives me hope. Smile

http://www.christinecarclubforum.com
1958PlymouthFuryChristine
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:23 pm

It was truly a VERY amazing sight for John the Baptist when he saw God. Smile 
And I thought that we were only going to see God when God calls us believers home to Heaven. Smile So yes I say it again, John the Baptist was very fortunate to be able to actually see God BEFORE God called John the Baptist home to Heaven.

Did any others besides John the Baptist see God before Heaven???
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

OFFICIAL CHAPLAIN OF THE KNIGHTS ORDER OF THE CCC

ELITE GOLDEN COMMANDO CONTRIBUTOR

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:27 am

Not sure exactly what you're asking here Jackie but remember...the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are one. Anyone that saw the Son when He walked the earth, saw the Father...

John 14:9-11 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?”

We'll move on tomorrow...too late for me right now...

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 cheers
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:41 am

Sorry about that Bob. I know sometimes the way I word things comes out sounding confusing...
So what I was saying is it was an awesome sight to see Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit while He was here on Earth.
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:59 pm

1958PlymouthFuryChristine wrote:
Sorry about that Bob. I know sometimes the way I word things comes out sounding confusing...
So what I was saying is it was an awesome sight to see Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit while He was here on Earth.

No need to be sorry Jackie...so glad you're here/wanting to learn more! We'll move on now and cover John 1:35-42

The First Disciples

35 Again, the next day, John stood with two of his disciples.

36 And looking at Jesus as He walked, he said, “Behold the Lamb of God!”

37 The two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.

38 Then Jesus turned, and seeing them following, said to them, “What do you seek?” They said to Him, “Rabbi” (which is to say, when translated, Teacher), “where are You staying?”

39 He said to them, “Come and see.” They came and saw where He was staying, and remained with Him that day (now it was about the tenth hour).

40 One of the two who heard John speak, and followed Him, was Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother.

41 He first found his own brother Simon, and said to him, “We have found the Messiah” (which is translated, the Christ).

42 And he brought him to Jesus. Now when Jesus looked at him, He said, “You are Simon the son of Jonah. You shall be called Cephas” (which is translated, A Stone).

So here we see in verse 36, John the Baptist points out Jesus as "God's Lamb"...as Jesus walked. Then Andrew and Simon Peter, hearing John's witness, become the first disciples of Christ...in verse 37, "they followed Jesus." This probably has two meanings...they literally followed/walked with Him and followed Him as disciples too...they turned their allegiance to Him that day. This was precisely John the Baptist's job. How are we at doing this...in our words...in our actions?

In verse 38...Jesus says to them, "what do you seek?" What would we say if Jesus asked us this question? Perhaps Jesus was really saying "what are you seeking in life?" We should pause here, take a few moments and answer this question in sincere honesty. Sadly, I know I'm not always seeking Christ...

Do you see how the Bible is like a mirror that looks deep down into the soul. It shows us our real self...not just what's on the surface but whats really deep down inside? Hmmm...

Bob

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:19 am

Thanks Bob. Smile 
Good verses of the Bible there. Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:31 am

You're very welcome Jackie. Just a quick rabbit trail off the beaten path here...as I really began to think about what we were talking about, "Seeing God." You know...we could do a very in depth study on this subject alone. I'd like to make it a little more plain though...if I could. It's a fact that no one has ever seen God (the Father) but God the Son became man and dwelt among us ~2000 years ago. Up until then though, as in the Old Testament, Moses didn't even see God's "fullness" on Mount Sinai when God gave Moses the 10 Commandments. There were many appearances of God in the Old Testament but He obviously was not seen "as Himself." Another appearance I can think of (quickly) is when the three angels appeared to Abraham as Sodom and Gomorrah was about to be destroyed. Honestly, I believe that was three heavenly beings (angels) that appeared as a demonstration of the Holy Trinity...but the Bible does make it clear that no one has ever seen God.  

No one has ever seen God. It is God the only Son, who is close to the Father’s heart, who has made Him known. John 1:18

No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God lives in us, and his love is perfected in us. 1 John 4:12

The closest man has ever come to actually "seeing God" is obviously when Jesus Christ walked the earth. But now...we can "see Him" by reading His Word, through prayer, fellowship and worship. We can "see Him" when we love as Christ taught us to love. We can "see Him" when we act as Christ taught us to act. We can "see God" when we put His teachings into action in our daily lives. So "seeing God" in these ways can be even better (when you think about it) than perhaps seeing Jesus in the flesh...as He was being baptized or whatever. "Seeing God" by consciously doing what He wants us to do is the best form of worshiping Him because He sees it as obedience. This fulfills the teachings of Christ and shows Him that we have "seen Him."  

Just thought I'd clarify this...as I'm sure this was put on my heart for a reason Wink I hope this helps you Jackie and anyone else that may be reading.

Anyone else have anything to say/add about John 1:35-38? (which incidentally fits in nicely with what I just said about "seeing God." If not, in a few days I'll move on to verses 39-42.

Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:02 pm

Thanks Bob. Smile 
That clarifies it a whole lot for me right there- you just answered all my questions I had about "seeing God". Smile 

As just a side note to the story of the Ten Commandments and the story of Moses- not sure if you know it or not but there was a movie that came out in '56 or somewhere around there called The Ten Commandments.
I've seen it- it's a good movie. Smile 
Spoiler alert to this movie:
Movie shows the story of Moses growing up, saving the people, going to The Promised Land, then Moses seeing The Burning Bush (as God) and also seeing God write The Ten Commandments on the stone.
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:58 am

OK...let's cover verses 39-42 now.

39 He said to them, “Come and see.” They came and saw where He was staying, and remained with Him that day (now it was about the tenth hour). For each of us, it's also up to us..."to come and see" Jesus. See "where He is" and "remain with Him" too. He wants us to put our trust in Him. He created us to have a personal relationship with Him. It's not about being religious...as many would say. Have you trusted Him as your Savior yet?...made Him the most important part of your life yet?

40 One of the two who heard John speak, and followed Him, was Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother. 41 He first found his own brother Simon, and said to him, “We have found the Messiah”.
Andrew was the first follower/believer of Jesus as the Messiah. Messiah means "the anointed One" (of God), which in Greek is translated the Christ, (ho Christos). The idea of "the anointed One" comes from the Old Testament practice of anointing priests and kings with oil. This was symbolic of the Holy Spirit and pointed to the future One who would come to save all men. Please remember, no matter how few...or wretched and/or numerous one's sins are, Jesus Christ died as the payment for all sins, BUT...we have to truly "come to Him" first, to receive this phenomenal gift. Andrew realized this great gift of God..and as the first to follow Jesus, he was the first soul winner too! In bringing his brother, Simon Peter to Christ, Andrew was already building God's church. This is a great example of what we also must do as followers of Christ. Bring others to Christ but, of course...we have to belong to Jesus first, before we can be useful (in this way). Have you ever heard someone say?..."there's the blind leading the blind." Well, we have "to see" Christ first before we can lead "the blind" to Christ or we'll just be the blind leading the blind too!

42 And he brought him to Jesus. Now when Jesus looked at him, He said, “You are Simon the son of Jonah. You shall be called Cephas” (which is translated, A Stone). When Jesus looked at Simon (Peter) He knew his destiny. That's why Jesus gave Peter the Aramaic name "Cephas"...which means stone or rock. The common understanding here is that his name indicates what God, by His grace would do through him. He would be a rock-like man through the early days of the church. Matthew 16:18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:19 am

For those that aren't quite sure how to properly come to christ what would you suggest Bob? I think it's important that be explained for anyone who has the desire but may be unsure as to how to do so humbly and meaningfully. Smile

furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Bloodhound1958 wrote:
For those that aren't quite sure how to properly come to christ what would you suggest Bob? I think it's important that be explained for anyone who has the desire but may be unsure as to how to do so humbly and meaningfully. Smile

Well...that's a good point made Wayne. Receiving salvation from our Creator is by far...the most important decision in one's life. It has to be genuine and between only you and God. It must be done of your own personal conviction...in other words, through faith led by the Holy Spirit. Nothing human or human made can do this for you. It's solely of God's doing.

1. First of all...you must realize you're a sinner...the least of sinners and the worst of sinners all start from the same point. If you realize this and want to be saved, simply talk to God in prayer and admit to Him you're a sinner. For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23.

2. Tell God in prayer that you believe in His Son, Jesus. Tell Him also that you believe Jesus died on the cross and paid the price for your sins. Tell Him you don't want your sins to lead you into spiritual death (hell) but earnestly want His free gift of eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus your Lord. Romans 6:23. Thank Him for His amazing love for you and for Jesus, who died for you! But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8.

3. Ask God to forgive you because you have graciously been led by His Holy Spirit to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ...His death, burial and resurrection for the forgiveness of your sins and you will be saved!...for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. Romans 10:13.

4. All this can and should be be in your own words as long as you use God's salvation plan (steps 1-3 above) as a guideline...and...as long as it's genuine and from your own heart. Afterwards, show God you're serious by getting into a good Bible teaching church so you will grow in Christ. One that has truly been saved will automatically want to do this as a product of their salvation. You will also desire to read your Bible, regularly pray to God and fellowship with other believers too. You will also yearn for what God requires of you through obedience to Him and His love. Jesus said unto him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. Matthew 22:37-39.

PS...If you don't believe in Jesus and/or in God's salvation plan that Jesus completely fulfilled...ask God to help you believe...simply talk to Him about it. He will hear you...and just watch what He will do for you and your heart in the coming days, weeks, and months.

God bless you all...

Bob

Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:10 am

We'll move on now to John 1, verses 43-50 and I'll cover half of it this time. I thank those that have been willing to comment.

This portion of scripture is titled "Jesus Calls Philip and Nathanael"

43 The next day Jesus decided to leave for Galilee. Finding Philip, he said to him, “Follow me.”

44 Philip, like Andrew and Peter, was from the town of Bethsaida.

45 Philip found Nathanael and told him, “We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.”

46 “Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?” Nathanael asked. “Come and see,” said Philip.

47 When Jesus saw Nathanael approaching, he said of him, “Here truly is an Israelite in whom there is no deceit.”

48 “How do you know me?” Nathanael asked. Jesus answered, “I saw you while you were still under the fig tree before Philip called you.”

49 Then Nathanael declared, “Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the king of Israel.”

50 Jesus said, “You believe[a] because I told you I saw you under the fig tree. You will see greater things than that.”

51 He then added, “Very truly I tell you, you will see ‘heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending on’ the Son of Man.”

The first disciples were from Galilee, Jesus had called them in Judea where they were with John the Baptist. On His way north to Galilee, He called Phillip to be His disciple (verse 43). Phillip's hometown of Bethsaida was on the northeast side of the sea of Galilee. Andrew and Peter were also from there (verse 44). Phillip's testimony to Nathaniel (verse 45) stressed that Jesus is the Promised One of whom Moses and the prophets wrote. If you'd like to read about this, please open your Bible to: or click on clickable links next to Bible verse.

Deuteronomy 18:18-19   https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=deut.+18%3A+18-19&version=NIV
Isaiah 52:13 and 53:12   https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=isaiah+52%3A13%2C+53%3A12&version=NIV
Daniel 7:13   https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=daniel+7%3A13&version=NIV
Micah 5:2   https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=micah+5%3A2&version=NIV
Zechariah 9:9   https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=zechariah+9%3A9&version=NIV

These are prophetic verses of scripture that promise the coming of the Messiah with great details of His life, written hundreds of years before Jesus Christ came to the earth. Micah 5:2 reminds us of where Jesus was born...Zechariah 9:9 of what happened (on Palm Sunday) when Jesus entered Jerusalem! All amazing prophecy!

Ok...still in verse 45, surprisingly Phillip called Jesus the son of Joseph, but this is what the disciples would have believed at this time. Yet Nathaniel would (very) soon recognize that Jesus is the Son of God in verse 49. (We'll cover this next time)

In verse 46, Nathaniel momentarily stumbled over the lowly origin of the Messiah. "Nazareth! Can any good thing come from there?" as he knew the poor reputation of Nazareth. And at this point they didn't even realize Jesus was born in lowly Bethlehem in a smelly stable and laid in a manger (a feed trough for animals) which certainly was no better. Furthermore, the same questions are asked to this day...Why would God lower Himself to become a man, especially entering this world in such a way? Is this how earthly kings are treated? Do you think God is trying to tell us something? That perhaps humility is a good thing? Hmmm. Ok continuing on...Phillip was wise enough to not to argue with Nathanel (another act of humility that us humans need to pick up on). He gently invited his friend to come and see. He knew that Nathanel's questions would quickly be resolved.

Thanks for reading...I pray it blesses you and brings you closer to your Creator.

Bob

Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:34 pm

Good Scripture readings Bob. I enjoy reading them... Smile 
I don't know if I have ever said it before, but thank you Bob for providing the Scripture readings every week. Very Happy I don't always comment, but I do read them... The Scripture readings that you post Bob makes the CCC a better place- more Christian, Holy, etc... Smile

You're welcome Jackie...glad you appreciate it. Wink
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:41 pm

47 When Jesus saw Nathanael approaching, he said of him, “Here truly is an Israelite in whom there is no deceit.”

48 “How do you know me?” Nathanael asked. Jesus answered, “I saw you while you were still under the fig tree before Philip called you.”

49 Then Nathanael declared, “Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the king of Israel.”

50 Jesus said, “You believe because I told you I saw you under the fig tree. You will see greater things than that.”

51 He then added, “Very truly I tell you, you will see ‘heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending on’ the Son of Man.”

v. 47 Jesus having supernatural knowledge called Nathanael a true Israelite, in whom there is nothing false (deceitful). He knew Nathanael better than Nathanael knew himself. The same goes for each one of us!

v. 48 Nathanael was puzzled as to how Jesus knew about him. Jesus said He knew exactly what Nathanael was doing before Phillip came up to him; he was under the fig tree. This expression often meant to have safety and leisure and perhaps here the fig tree was a place for meditation. Psalm 139 elaborates on the theme of God's knowledge of a person's life in every detail.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm+139&version=NIV

v. 49 Nathanael obviously was drawn to Jesus and had the Holy Spirit within him to understand right then and there that Jesus was the Son of God. Would we have been able to say this if we were in Nathanael's shoes...sandals?

v. 50-51 Jesus promised Nathanael a greater basis for belief probably referring to the miracles Jesus performed later on in His ministry...for example, when Jesus turned the water into wine at the wedding in Cana, when Jesus healed the blind, lame, when He walked on water, when He fed the multitudes with a just few loaves of bread and fish, when He raised Lazarus from the dead. etc. etc. In the Old Testament, just as Jacob saw angels from heaven communicating with earth in a dream, so Nathanael would see Jesus as the divine Communication from heaven to earth.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=genesis+28%3A+10-22&version=NIV

As the Son of Man, God left heaven to come to earth. "the God Man"; Jesus Christ used the term "Son of Man" more than 80 times. It speaks of His humanity and suffering and His finished work, as Savior of the world as "the ideal Man". "I tell you the truth" occurs 25 times in the book of John and always calls attention to important affirmations. Other translations say verily, verily and also means Amen, Amen.

Please all comments welcome...I pray you, the reader are blessed with this study.

Now that we've finished the first chapter of John, after much thought and prayer, I think it would be more beneficial for the reader(s) to do a topical Bible study. I'd be open to suggestions...as to what topic to study...for next time.

Back to top Go down
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:39 pm

Great scripture reading. Smile 
I am not sure about what scripture reading topic to study next time... I will think about it...
Back to top Go down
Mischa1958
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:20 am

Thanks for this study! I have been busy for some weeks, but still here reading.

A sugestion to another study... I'll think about it.
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:53 pm

You're welcome Mischa...I missed you Smile Glad you're back!

Bob

Back to top Go down
Bloodhound1958

350 GC BB

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:49 pm

I'd like to learn more about Revelations Bob. I know I'm fast forwarding here so if it's best left to a later study I'm OK with that to. Smile

Mischa1958
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:12 am

Bloodhound1958 wrote:
I'd like to learn more about Revelations Bob. I know I'm fast forwarding here so if it's best left to a later study I'm OK with that to. Smile
At this moment I'm following a study about Revelations, after studying it myself for several times. It is a hard and complex subject which leaves many opinions to discussion. I do believe it is relevant for this time, so a study about Revelations would be in place. I leave Bob to decide.
Back to top Go down
furvedere
CCC Chaplain
CCC Chaplain

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:09 pm

Well...that wouldn't be a topical study. That's the last book of the Bible which is filled with symbolism and is very complicated. Mischa hit the nail on the head with her comment. Wayne, can you pinpoint a certain topic? It would be good if we could select a single topic so some genuine interest could be generated...just like we do about the 57-58 Plymouth/Christine. And then...perhaps we can get into a really good discussion... Smile

Some suggestions for topics within the book of Revelation:

The Rapture of the church
The anti-Christ
The Tribulation
Armageddon

Any one of these topics would take a more reasonable of time and I'm hoping will hold better interest.   

Bob

Back to top Go down
Mischa1958
CCC Member
CCC Member

PostSubject: Re: Bible Study    Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:36 am

furvedere wrote:
Mischa hit the nail on the head with her comment.
His... Wink
Back to top Go down

Bible Study

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Christine Car Club :: Non Automotive Off Topic Section :: CCC Fellowship In Christ :: CCC Bible Study-